Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    It's cold outside...think WARM.
    Tell me about your favorite boating day of last summer.

I'd have to say my best day was the day we all gathered to honor Brian's memory...in fact, that was one of the better boating experiences of my life. Perfect weather, perfect water, a ton of horsepower, beautiful boats, and a LOT of great people. Logistically, it worked out almost as planned...would have been better had we been able to raft up in Michigan City, but no big deal...I'm sure Bri would have been proud. Especially of the part where I said we were going to run 55 mph...and the only time we ran 55 was on the way up to immediate full throttle.

2. Collapse Details

Did Boyne Thunder weekend come in second?

3. Collapse Details

It is cold!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2 -9-11 036.jpg   Picture%20028.jpg  

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Oval View Post
    Did Boyne Thunder weekend come in second?
    Yeah...but it was a distant second.

5. Collapse Details

Ok, CBBC Poker run day was awesome. Started out grey and cool, everyone wanted to bag it. I said no, turn out to be 85 and sunny. People were in the water all day. Dr Pete won the best hand with three Ace's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cbbc111.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Weeks vacation on new (to Me) 38 PQ with good friends to Leeland, Mackinaw City and Island and Hessel-priceless!

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Devils Hollow raft up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00563.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	189.4 KB 
ID:	68889

Name:	DSC00564.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	68890

Name:	DSC00565.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	68891

8. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Boyne Thunder on Red Hot Sommer.
    Come to think of it....it was my only boating day last summer

9. Collapse Details
    sounds gay but
    Even thou I like the drinking and party times , I also enjoy those quiet, just laying on the boat listening to the waves relaxing days where theres nothing to do but enjoy the peace and quiet soaking up the sun

I think this one sums it up perfectly

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Tell me about your favorite boating day of last summer.

I'd have to say my best day was the day we all gathered to honor Brian's memory...in fact, that was one of the better boating experiences of my life. Perfect weather, perfect water, a ton of horsepower, beautiful boats, and a LOT of great people. Logistically, it worked out almost as planned...would have been better had we been able to raft up in Michigan City, but no big deal...I'm sure Bri would have been proud. Especially of the part where I said we were going to run 55 mph...and the only time we ran 55 was on the way up to immediate full throttle.
    That was a great day for sure!!!!!! Can't wait to do it again this year!

11. Collapse Details

I will say the Brian Miller run was #1. A close second was the day that I launched my boat the first time. Ended all by myself, sitting at the launch ramp. Didnt have my paperwork with me, and the water cops were there. They wouldnt allow me to launch the boat, just run the motors at the ramp. Once they departed, i could have just took the boat back and put it away...YA RIGHT. Fired that sucker up, and away i went. The fear and anxiety of not knowing whether the boat would float, get on plane, drives stay together, and who knew what other issues i would incur on the first run, considering the boat hadnt been in the water for probably 5+ years, and i just got done installing engines, trannies, and what not in it. The feeling of it first getting on plane and crusing along at 40mph was great. Got to meet up with redhotsommer, as he was floating outside hammond, waiting for me. Got to do a few wot passes, before i blew the sea pump hose off, due to a loose clamp. Mikey helped me get it back on, and we proceeded to put both our boats in a slip at hammond for the night, and turned to the heavy booze and 80's music. Eating cold chicken wings and drinking warm beers at 3am, was good times. It was very rewarding to see my late friend Brian's old 38 Fountain in the water once again sitting at the dock, as a finished boat. This summer, it should look even better.

12. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Even getting caught in a big storm is more fun then this cold chit.

Streich, just south of Oshkosh 7/10/10.

Decided to seek shelter tied to a bridge for awhile. My sister and her hubby (pictured) still had fun though.
    ________

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    I will say the Brian Miller run was #1. A close second was the day that I launched my boat the first time. Ended all by myself, sitting at the launch ramp. Didnt have my paperwork with me, and the water cops were there. They wouldnt allow me to launch the boat, just run the motors at the ramp. Once they departed, i could have just took the boat back and put it away...YA RIGHT. Fired that sucker up, and away i went. The fear and anxiety of not knowing whether the boat would float, get on plane, drives stay together, and who knew what other issues i would incur on the first run, considering the boat hadnt been in the water for probably 5+ years, and i just got done installing engines, trannies, and what not in it. The feeling of it first getting on plane and crusing along at 40mph was great. Got to meet up with redhotsommer, as he was floating outside hammond, waiting for me. Got to do a few wot passes, before i blew the sea pump hose off, due to a loose clamp. Mikey helped me get it back on, and we proceeded to put both our boats in a slip at hammond for the night, and turned to the heavy booze and 80's music. Eating cold chicken wings and drinking warm beers at 3am, was good times. It was very rewarding to see my late friend Brian's old 38 Fountain in the water once again sitting at the dock, as a finished boat. This summer, it should look even better.

That was an awesome day Joe, with the possible exception of the 1/2 hour or so I spent jammed between hot exhaust pipes and the hullside in the bilge trying to get that damn hose back on! And then that dude with the 38 PQ came and did the tail-dragging lap around our boats when they were tied together and rocked the hell out of us. Oh well...made the drinks that much better on the dock!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    That was an awesome day Joe, with the possible exception of the 1/2 hour or so I spent jammed between hot exhaust pipes and the hullside in the bilge trying to get that damn hose back on! And then that dude with the 38 PQ came and did the tail-dragging lap around our boats when they were tied together and rocked the hell out of us. Oh well...made the drinks that much better on the dock!
    Forgot about that!! I remember after u got out of the bilge, and i went in, i kept thinking, "$hit, i got the hose on, but i dont think im gonna be able to get out of here." I really thought i wedged myself in there to the point of someone having to go get wrenches to take the exhaust off so I can get out! Plus, that jerk who came by making 4ft rollers doing loops around us while i was in there didnt help the cause! I remember the blood rushing to my head from being upside down sucked. We should have took pics of that scenerio.

For those who werent there, imagine laying between the outer stringer and the hullside (about 12" wide)with your head near the transom and feet towards the back seat, under the headers on a side by side setup. The hose we were trying to hookup was at the back by the bottom of the tranny. Then as you're wedged down there, the boat is rocking from huge waves out of nowhere, I can hear his boat and mine banging together, and all you can here is the hippie kid and michelle screaming profanities at someone...I was like WTF is going on out there!! Make it stop!!

15. Collapse Details

I also thought the Miller run was the best, and in my second place, would be the Lake Cumberland Poker run. TEAM NUN-FASTER !!!
    All and all Brian had a lot to smile about, but then again, it was all for him!!

16. Collapse Details

Good pics Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Devils Hollow raft up.

Name:	DSC00563.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	189.4 KB 
ID:	68889

Name:	DSC00564.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	68890

Name:	DSC00565.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	68891

17. Collapse Details

Well it's been quite some time since I've been on here and I just want to say thank you all for August 7th. It's a day I will never forget and I am forever grateful to Mikey for putting it together.

18. Collapse Details

Did'nt get the boat out as much as I'd have liked to, with 17 weekends of drag racing, there's little time to be on the water. This season we've booked only 8 races, (thank god) So looks like I'll be burning quite a bit more fuel this summer. LOL
    One of the days to remember from last summer was the day we were out with Austin and his girlfriend in the 50 Nortech Turbine cat "Warbird". With a gusty S/W wind the water was calm close to Chicago, but once out 5 miles there were 4 ftr's that we flew across at 140-150 on the GPS. Now, THAT was a day to remember. Kinda hard to take pics at that speed cause you can't even look through the camera, hold on, breathe, and try not to mess up your hair, all at one time.

Don't know why, but for some reason, the manage attachment link is not working. WTF ???
    Last edited by 10x; 02-17-2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: won't let me add any pics

19. Collapse Details

Oh well, now it's working.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails misc00037.jpg   misc00041.jpg   misc00010.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

Ahhhh!!!!! can't wait for a day at the Beach

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Summer 2010 018.jpg   Summer 2010 022.jpg   Summer 2010 027.jpg