1. Collapse Details
    Installing trailer brakes
    I have a small CAT on a single axle trailer with NO brakes I want to install some as well as ad a axle. but here is my question , what are your opinion of Electric brakes on a boat trailer?

2. Collapse Details

I was doing some research on this exact matter for my own, everybody told me NO because the magnets would actually stop working after a while and i would have to replace them more often then pads on a disc brake set up.
    They have some nice Kodiak brakes on e-bay for cheap and axles as well.

3. Collapse Details

Several friends of mine have straight electric brakes, on 35ft+ larger boats. Fresh water, they work fine. Even if you say you have to replace the units every few years, they are cheap, about 50-60 bucks per axle for new shoes, magnets, etc.

Things i like about electric. No banging coupler like a surge setup, you can adjust the amount of trailer braking, you can apply the trailer brakes whenever you want, and they are pretty basic.

Electric over hydraulic disc is even nicer.

4. Collapse Details

The best for a trailer is EOH with disc brakes. To convert it that way is around $ 1200 but you never have a problem again and 100% braking power.

5. Collapse Details
    Breaks
    Quote Originally Posted by boater777777 View Post
    I have a small CAT on a single axle trailer with NO brakes I want to install some as well as ad a axle. but here is my question , what are your opinion of Electric brakes on a boat trailer?
    If your Avitar is the trailer your going to put the eletric breaks on they will be more than enough , I have towed my 271 Formula with eletric breaks on both axels and will never go back to Surge Breaks .