Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by specialk View Post
    Drag sled coming out this weekend?

Yes, saturday probably about noon we'll get to the lake. They had a guy out there today plowing the snow for some passes. They're gonna have Paul do the driving, and if he can't get a grip on it, then I think they're gonna have J.C drive it and get ready for the speed runs. It'll be interesting. They're supposed to call me when they're getting ready to leave the shop, should be around 11:00.

The guy that flipped that sled last sunday, was a good friend of the guy that I was there with over the weekend. He was telling me about it today.

2. Collapse Details

Registered
    Top notch crew everyone was with the speed run sled. They had some minor set backs but insisted on having my kid hop in to take some pics.

Thanks for the heads up 10x that they would be out last Sat.

3. Collapse Details

Did you take these pics before or after they hit the snow bank ???

4. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    Did you take these pics before or after they hit the snow bank ???
    Tooks pics after. I got there to late to see it run. We were peeking are heads thru the plastic windows of the tent and they invited us in.

I at least was able to watch the little z120 make a 86 mph run.

5. Collapse Details

I was in the tent after it went through the snow embankment and ripped off the fender. There was nothing that could be done to make another run, as you must've seen for yourself, the whole left side suspension was bent and the shock mount was broken. Right now, JC has it all apart and is fabricating a whole new design for the track.
    The computer showed that the shock sensor went "dead" from too much movement causing it to break off. Then it hooked left and went through the snow barrier tearing off the fender and bending the $hit out of a whole lot more suspension components.

The computer showed it reached 119 mph @ 200 ft. right before it turned and hit the snow embankment. I'll keep you posted on the updates and progress of whats happening. I usually go to the shop every few days or so.