1. Collapse Details
    Offshore Super Series joins governing body
    Offshore Super Series joins governing body
    Posted on January 03, 2011 ShareThis The Offshore Super Series joined the offshore division of the American Power Boat Association.

"We are proud to announce our membership with APBA. This new association will take our organization to a new level of racing and will offer us greater opportunities," OSS board chairman Michael Mares said in a statement.

"We will remain as OSS and will continue to operate as we have for the past seven years," he added. "The biggest difference is that our races will be sanctioned by APBA. This new partnership will give our members the opportunity to be recognized internationally through APBA's affiliation with the Union Internationale Motonautique. This will also give our members the honor and the ability to be introduced into the Hall of Champions and national record books."

The powerboat association was founded in 1903 and is the U.S. national authority of the UIM - the international governing body for powerboat racing.

2. Collapse Details

I havent heard or seen any post for oss in a long time. How many boats even run with them? Sounds good though, I wish everyone could get together and all run together for the fans sake. Was great watching opa on t.v. but got old hearing how great geico is and never even raced another boat.

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Here is a post about the same thing from a few days ago. It shows the full press release.

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...ad.php?t=19232

It just showed up on Trade Only today. I guess that is where this version was copied from.