Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Joo gots it, mang.
    OH God,,,,Tony M has rubbed off on you !!!!!

2. Collapse Details

Now THERE is a disgusting thought...

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by drpete3 View Post
    Why are they stearing away from Bay harbor?
    A few people have made the comments they were not coming back if the course did not change. Great run, what do you do, change it, or try to keep new people coming to enjoy what we have to offer. That is why I started this thread. Getting some input.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Oval View Post
    A few people have made the comments they were not coming back if the course did not change. Great run, what do you do, change it, or try to keep new people coming to enjoy what we have to offer. That is why I started this thread. Getting some input.
    Hey guy in your opinion is the course not long enough ................. or do people feel they are not getting there moneys worth? Blue Oval , you have to draw the line between the big buck players and trying to get new people coming up there to enjoy what you folks have to offer . I guess over the years Poker Runs have gotten way out of hand ( $$$$$$$) and to the point where the little guy who owns a thirty foot plus boat cant even afford to come up there any more after lodging , gas ,gas , gas , Meals and drinks, WOW . Blue Oval , the bottom line is............ if you feel the the course is fine in your opinion along with other's why change it ?

5. Collapse Details

OK I can understand that. I guess I would like to know why. Is it the length, card stops, lunch? My thoughts are you can t make everyone happy but always trying to do better is a good thing. And since a proker run is driven by participation you need to listen to the feedback.

My Question to the dirctors would be what is the goal if changes are made?

6. Collapse Details

I think it would be cool to have a card boat at Fox Island, then go to Beaver, then Harbor maybe(They still don't want the boat's to come all the way into there harbor)Lunch still at Bay Harbor. We have some pretty cool Island around here that most people never get to see.

7. Collapse Details

It was pretty cool running out to Beaver (i almost ALWAYS run to beaver)...but DAYUM that was a LOOONG distance to those of us with smaller and slower boats. I think I was tied with being the smallest to complete the whole run...and I did gas up in Petosky just to be certain I'd make it back to BC.

8. Collapse Details

Registered
    They are working on Northport ,TC and Bowers Harbor for other stops.
    That may not sit well with the group that started the new run out of T.C. last summer.
    ed

9. Collapse Details

I brought that up also TCEd,I need to get to a meeting. This is why I put this post up, need to get this feed back to the planners. Thanks for input and keep it coming.

10. Collapse Details

Leave the run as is, then include form for the boat to turn in with cards, give choice of stops for 2012 and have direct feedback?

11. Collapse Details

The planners need to give the participants resons for change and improvement. Then feedback can be given.

12. Collapse Details

The problem started with a couple big boys saying they would not come back again if they didn't do something with the course stops. Awesome stops we have, it's just hard to fix awesome. I think a good DJ or band Sat. night would be a nice change, keep people together for more fun.

13. Collapse Details

Gotta say , the high dollar rollers are the biggest Frickin cry babies out there and they all think there money is worth more then anyone else's..... and if they do not want to attend who care's , because........ that just might open the door for other people who want to attend , considering some people do not really have the money at this time , which sometimes feel they are not worthy of such of an event, and just a quick mention ...... poker runs sometimes can be all show with all the (fun) left on the side of the curb . Just mt 2 cents as far as a Poker runs go . BLUE OVAL , i really wish you the best with this event considering i know that you can poor a lot of time and energy into this type of event trying to make everybody happy on both sides of the fence .

14. Collapse Details

How often do the "other" big name poker runs change the course layout???? In my opinion you can't get much better than boating in Northern Michigan. If you are going to
    lenghten the run, a fuel stop would be needed for smaller boats and those that don't carry much fuel.

15. Collapse Details

Talked to the director yesterday, 2011 course to stay the same. Thanks for the help and input.