Thread: 6.0L Solutions

1. Collapse Details
    6.0L Solutions
    http://www.mkmcustoms.com/60powerstrokesolution.aspx

Anybody here done this to a 6.0? Does it sucsessfully put an end to the common 6.0 nightmares?

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    http://www.mkmcustoms.com/60powerstrokesolution.aspx

Anybody here done this to a 6.0? Does it sucsessfully put an end to the common 6.0 nightmares?
    Yes, typically, if you do all three of those things, it will end all problems. The two biggest are the Studs and Oil Cooler. But since either the motor will be out of the truck or cab is removed, you may as well do all of them, and maybe new injectors.

3. Collapse Details

as a car/truck dealer, we have done a bunch of 6.0s if and if yours is not broke that is the common problems,and should make it bullet proof as they say. we have seen other isues mainly do to the heat produced from egr/oil cooler failure. look at wiring harness for injectors we have seen a couple[usually in broke units]passenger side melted. if you get hot enough to pop head gaskets, need to deck surfaces. its a shame you have to remove the cab and bassicly rebuild the top end to try to make it relable. like the fords but none of us will drive a 6.0 as a personnel or vacation vehicle.

4. Collapse Details

I've got a few buddies going through this with 03 and 04's that are down. I just bought an 07 still under warranty and was considering cutting the problems off early. I'm on the fence wether to do the switch or wait till the warranty expires.

5. Collapse Details

if your still under warranty. ford had a program[because of the issues] to extend motor warranty till 200k miles ,its around $1200. but then its still undependable,just affordable to get fixxed. when they pop head gasket its about $7000 if nothing goes real bad,which by that time theres other issues

6. Collapse Details

I am service director of a Chevy Buick and Ford store. I have no issues driving my 04 6.0 as a daily driver as matter of fact the truck has 175,000 miles of relatively trouble free operation. I get sick in tired of reading these posts, 6.0 litres main problem is misdiagnosis. Bottom line is there is not enough
    qualified diesel tech out there. Im luck to have 2 great ones, one at ford and one at chevy!!!!

7. Collapse Details

04 6.0...90k miles...Did the EGR cooler, oil cooler, head gaskets, ARP head studs, and all new injectors last year. the EGR and Injectors died at different times. unfortunately beyond warranty. cost around 8 grand . Hopefully thats it.

8. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    03 ,6.0 i did what Bruce did and the exhaust ,,so far so good
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions