1. Collapse Details
    Whats it worth? #'s matching 454 70 Chevelle LS6, 450 HP
    how much would a numbers matching 454 70 Chevelle LS6, 450 HP engine be worth in today's market?

complete engine minus intake and carb, 0 hrs
    www.41apache.com

2. Collapse Details

without the correct car to gom with it, it's just another 454... what's the 3 letter build stamp on the block deck?
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

3. Collapse Details

well i restored 4 Ls6 chevelles so far, the last one i did in 07 and sold it in AC for 138k and it was top notch, Reggie Jackson almost bought it.....but those days are gone....id say today that car would go for 80 to 90k......and yours depending on how the body is, if theres any paperwork on the car (buildsheet, protecto plate) right tranny, rear, id say 40 to 50 k if it all there.....carb and intake is not that big of a deal there still out there.......i restore classic cars for a living, but im getting back into boating trying to buy a 30 cig ts mystique, been watching for awhile, this is my first post like this site...joe

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    without the correct car to gom with it, it's just another 454... what's the 3 letter build stamp on the block deck?
    h19-70 is stamped on the deck Part #3963512

im pretty sure its the head/block combo that make this 454 unique to a 1970 chevelle LS6?

head part number ends in 291. the head and valves seem to be bigger than any other 454 ive seen.

any help is appreciated
    www.41apache.com

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tcwcar View Post
    well i restored 4 Ls6 chevelles so far, the last one i did in 07 and sold it in AC for 138k and it was top notch, Reggie Jackson almost bought it.....but those days are gone....id say today that car would go for 80 to 90k......and yours depending on how the body is, if theres any paperwork on the car (buildsheet, protecto plate) right tranny, rear, id say 40 to 50 k if it all there.....carb and intake is not that big of a deal there still out there.......i restore classic cars for a living, but im getting back into boating trying to buy a 30 cig ts mystique, been watching for awhile, this is my first post like this site...joe
    no car... just the 454 engine
    www.41apache.com

6. Collapse Details

whats stamped on the right front deck pad of the block?

if nothing is there, then you have a 454 crate motor... H-19-70 is August 19, 1970, too late for 1970 LS6-450hp installed production
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

7. Collapse Details

how about a still in the crate 1970'ish LS7 454 they were rated at 600+ hp and 13.5 : 1 compressio.I've been told they were a factory race engine option yes/no. a buddy of mine has 1 in a 71' El Camino detuned to 9:1 and still makes 465hp to the rear wheels, he also has another sitting in the original crate that's why I ask.

8. Collapse Details

Crate motor OK but original motor that was in car brings value up a lot!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 4FX View Post
    how about a still in the crate 1970'ish LS7 454 they were rated at 600+ hp and 13.5 : 1 compressio.I've been told they were a factory race engine option yes/no. a buddy of mine has 1 in a 71' El Camino detuned to 9:1 and still makes 465hp to the rear wheels, he also has another sitting in the original crate that's why I ask.
    Is it for sale??

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by viperfitness1 View Post
    how much would a numbers matching 454 70 Chevelle LS6, 450 HP engine be worth in today's market?

complete engine minus intake and carb, 0 hrs
    Andy, I picked up a 70 LS6 454 longblock #s matching engine in october for 1800 in Amarillo. It needed rebuilt and got it and is now in my 71 chevelle. Ive had multiple people offer me 4-6k for the engine so they can throw it in their 70 chevelles.