Thread: Your neibor

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Your neibor
    Charter Member / Competitor
    How many times when you are racing do look at the boat next to you and say they look like they are floating on air. In the mean time you are getting the $hit kicked out of you. When I race against Superboat Eddy I get that feeling. and then when we get to the dock he says the same thing to me. I remember many races looking out the side or in front saying those guys are crazy!!! Whats your best memory?
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

2. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert/Competitor/Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    How many times when you are racing do look at the boat next to you and say they look like they are floating on air. In the mean time you are getting the $hit kicked out of you. When I race against Superboat Eddy I get that feeling. and then when we get to the dock he says the same thing to me. I remember many races looking out the side or in front saying those guys are crazy!!! Whats your best memory?
    MD

After they drop the flag the only one next to me is George
    The Michigan Madman
    url]www.crockettmarineengines.com[/url]

3. Collapse Details

I think its time for an AA intervention

4. Collapse Details

Your neibor
    MD

5. Collapse Details

I usually look out my side window thinking,". Dam%#t, I screwed my setup AGAIN!!!, knew I shoulda went with bigger prop!!!!

6. Collapse Details

I look out one side and Smitty, flat, level and fast. I look out the other side and see Louie eating Cannolis and Eric screaming at him.

7. Collapse Details

I look over and start screaming here comes Specialized and they almost hit us again.
    TEAM 531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY OFFSHORE RACING
    www.WHOZYOURDADDYRACING.com
    OPA THE JERSEY BOYZ

8. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Crockett View Post
    After they drop the flag the only one next to me is George
    First rule of Italian Driving: What's behind (or next ) to you is not important!
    Rich Smith
    Smith Brothers Offshore Racing Team
    Cotnertrailers.com 611

9. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    yea , I love those parade laps !!
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

10. Collapse Details

Great thread!!!
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

11. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    No doubt, being in a race boat is the best seat in the house! You get the real close up action. That's why I enjoy working the Pace Boat. Next best thing to being there.

Here's a good question. Personally, I like to hold back the pace boat to a speed that has the boats just over the hump and on plane, so when the green goes up, the throttles have a long way to go before they hit the stops. I also find that a slower run to the green allows for everyone to line up. I'll wait for someone to catch up and join the line up but if I don't see movement toward the front, then up the green goes.

So my question is... do you like to start like this at 35 MPH or would you prefer to start at 60 MPH? I'm looking for feedback on how you like to see the pace boat act. Do you like to run a mile under yellow or would you prefer a quick "Key West" flag. (seems like in Key West, when the pace boat begins to move, the green goes up before it's on plane...or anyone else for that matter.)

12. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Ron I have to say OPA does a good job at starting races. I Like what ever you are doing now. It seems you know when to hold us and give everyone a shot to get to the line. I like a good 1/4 mile pace to line up. I also like a speed of aprox 50-60 MPH steady and then the green. Less than that and we start to come off plane in the SVL boats. I also like the way OSS does there starts with a parade lap right into the start. No reason to stop and mill again for me. That way there is no way to miss the start or any reason not to be on the line. On the shorter race course we are running today I have been at OPA races that start the fast boats in the first race and by the time you start the 3rd race the first start is on the same straight as the 3rd start. This has to be addressed. Cambridge was the example I am refering to.
    As a racer there is nothing worse than driving to a race and the start boat just throws the green and you have lost the race before it started if you were not on that line. Ron thanks for the good starts. You are one of the best starters in my book!
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

13. Collapse Details

Ron I have to say OPA does a good job at starting races. I Like what ever you are doing now. It seems you know when to hold us and give everyone a shot to get to the line. I like a good 1/4 mile pace to line up. I also like a speed of aprox 50-60 MPH steady and then the green. Less than that and we start to come off plane in the SVL boats. I also like the way OSS does there starts with a parade lap right into the start. No reason to stop and mill again for me. That way there is no way to miss the start or any reason not to be on the line. On the shorter race course we are running today I have been at OPA races that start the fast boats in the first race and by the time you start the 3rd race the first start is on the same straight as the 3rd start. This has to be addressed. Cambridge was the example I am refering to.
    As a racer there is nothing worse than driving to a race and the start boat just throws the green and you have lost the race before it started if you were not on that line. Ron thanks for the good starts. You are one of the best starters in my book!
    MD
    What he said
    TEAM 531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY OFFSHORE RACING
    www.WHOZYOURDADDYRACING.com
    OPA THE JERSEY BOYZ

14. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    I kinda agree ,with one exception,,St Clair,,where whoever was driving the GEICO cig . drag raced us all the way down to the first turn and the feiasco took place and the boat on the pole ( OCTAIN ) had no place to go,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

15. Collapse Details

Not that again...............................
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

16. Collapse Details

Crockett the one thing i no that is next to you are the channel markers on the wrong side.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    I kinda agree ,with one exception,,St Clair,,where whoever was driving the GEICO cig . drag raced us all the way down to the first turn and the feiasco took place and the boat on the pole ( OCTAIN ) had no place to go,,
    Jesus Christ George....Stop crying. Its over! Get over it.

18. Collapse Details

Personally I like the parade lap then stay on plane to start after turn four like OSS does it, seems to be a better start with everyone lined up, just my rookie year but this seems more evenly matched.

19. Collapse Details

Competitor
    I Think everyone should be lined up regardless how fast you choose to be running when the green goes up. But the "if I don't see movement toward the front, then up the green goes." doesn't leave everyone a fair chance. Maybe they arefiddlin with trim or something and gonna come up then ....boom green flag and they are screwed. This is a most probable scenario especially after that team hears at the drivers meeting " I'll drag you guys all the way around the course till your lined up for a start" I can't count how many times i heard that and then its a SBI up and green start. Also in P class racing with different size boats sometimes you can't see the green go up over the boat next to you. If everyone is lined up in a line this is not a problem as long as the line isn't too close behind the pace boat.

20. Collapse Details

Competitor
    By the way I love the sound of that Typhoon when it's floating mid air next to you and catches a lil rev limit. That wumah crack noise is indescribable.