Thread: Reggie Resigns

1. Collapse Details
    Reggie Resigns
    It's official Reggie Fountain has resigned from Fountain Powerboats:

http://www.powerboatmag.com/reggie-f...direction.html

2. Collapse Details

there is another topic already started on this... no need to be redundant, his ego is out of control as it is..
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

3. Collapse Details

BREAKING NEWS: Reggie Fountain resigns
    Posted on December 10, 2010 ShareThis Reggie Fountain, who founded Fountain Powerboats more than 30 years ago, today announced his resignation from the company.

See Related Articles
    •Fountain eliminates factory-direct purchases
    •Donzi, Pro-Line production headed to North Carolina
    •Former president has a new Fountain

"There are key differences in opinion and philosophy between the current owners and myself on how to run the company," Fountain said in a statement.

"I've always been one that plotted his own course and feel the best ways to utilize my talents is in new-product development, racing and working directly with my customers," he added. "The performance-boat business is changing fast, and there are certain basic elements that must be in place to succeed."

Fountain filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in August 2009.

After the company was sold to Liberty Associates, Fountain told Soundings Trade Only that he was happy with how things had worked out.

Liberty Associates also is the majority shareholder of Donzi Marine and Pro-Line Boats. It was recently announced that production of both of those lines will be moved to Fountain's Washington, N.C., facility. Liberty also recently announced plans to relaunch Baja as a standalone line.

It also was recently announced that Fountain Powerboats was discontinuing its factory-direct Fountain Factory Superstore, citing new sales strategies.

John Walker, chief operating officer of Fountain, could not be reached for immediate comment this afternoon.

Fountain's statement did not seem to rule out his return to the boating industry.

"Although I'm not able to announce any firm plans moving forward, boatbuilding has always been my passion, and the future looks both exciting and challenging," he said.

4. Collapse Details

Sorry, had not seen one in the forums yet about his announcement. Best of luck to him anyhow.

5. Collapse Details

He built a good boat good luck to him hope he builds more!Then Johnny Walker will be walking not talking

6. Collapse Details

"The performance-boat business is changing fast, and there are certain basic elements that must be in place to succeed."

Fountain filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in August 2009.

anyone else see the humor?

7. Collapse Details

Maybe Reggie will make this the next Champion and AC spark plug story
    Run until it sounds expensive

8. Collapse Details

Dancing with the Stars or next seasons Survivor is what I see in the tabloids.
    Parabellum FJ²B

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Slandrew View Post
    He built a good boat good luck to him hope he builds more!Then Johnny Walker will be walking not talking
    Funny I saw him today

10. Collapse Details

Love him or hate him, In no way is this good for the sport!

11. Collapse Details

Nobody can argue Reggie knows how to make his boats fast. Fountain won't be the same without him.

12. Collapse Details

it is what it is .. catkiller is one of the fastest v bottoms i hope reggie comes back with a boat to wip catkillers azz.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JaJo View Post
    Sorry, had not seen one in the forums yet about his announcement. Best of luck to him anyhow.
    Thanks for the post. I did not know about this development, and can't find another announcement other than the joke thread that was posted after yours.