Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    Serious Question,

Doesn't 750lbs for an extra step seem like alot? How much did they add to Spiderman when it smoked SV?
    I don't know what the final weight addition was, I'm sure it is easy to find out. But I know the driver and throttleman for that boat said 1000 lbs would not have mattered one bit. It was just a dominant boat at the time.

Talking about that is what made me suggest drive height or RPM vs weight for possible parity adjustments in this class earlier in the discussion for 2011 rules. Some boats just run better with additional weight. I believe there are a couple in SVL currently that run over the minimum because of the overall speed of the boat in race conditions vs the top speed in a straight line under ideal conditions.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

You guys are debating rules that are designed to change if needed to ensure parity in the class..

3. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    You guys are debating rules that are designed to change if needed to ensure parity in the class..
    Which is exactly the way it should be.

I like the new rules, almost completely.......

I am curious of the way the engines will be sealed to prevent tampering. And also the allowed HP range on the Dyno.

Now, enforcement will be watched.....

Are you thinking of making the jump???????

4. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    Point is it did NOT come out of the box dominating , it took some work , and trial and error set ups .
    So the work , the testing I think is the funnest part of any motorsport.
    Just an off the wall opinion .
    I think George would agree. He has done a bunch of work, trial and error, testing, etc to make the IMCO boat and team a front runner in almost every event it enters. The others in the class also deserve a lot of Kudos for the help they gave him. That is why I like that group so much, even if they get a little cranky sometimes........

5. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by extras View Post
    Randy come for a ride
    if your asking ,why i think your asking,,,i thought you could run some big numbers,,,everyone can with a little work,, be carefull and come race ,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

6. Collapse Details

George you can come for a ride

7. Collapse Details

Without a doubt a step in the right direction, still several GREY areas in the engine department for a well funded team.
    Cbell

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cbell View Post
    Without a doubt a step in the right direction, still several GREY areas in the engine department for a well funded team.
    Cbell
    I'm not so sure about that with the additional Dyno requirements. I actually thought that part was overkill.

What areas are you thinking?

9. Collapse Details

Let me just say that In the world of Professional Motorsports my job is to extract every last HP from a given combination and to find grey areas.
    There are Fuels/Additives that cannot be detected by the methods listed, the Merc wiring harness can be modified to alter ignition timing between the ECU and the Dist. and never show up on the dyno. There are Oils available today that will produce 20hp in this engine but after they are heated and then cool back down below 160f they will never produce that power again so the Dyno would never catch it. These are just a couple.
    What OPA is doing is great and without a doubt a positive step in the right direction but when you have heavily funded teams these products/ideas are sought out and paid for. It becomes an ego thing for them not a moral thing.
    I do applaud the efforts that OPA is making and hopefully it will bring the class back together and maybe even bring new boats. I just hate to see someone come into a class with a couple of extra checks in their checkbook and ruin it for the working racers in the class.
    cbell

10. Collapse Details

The rules are guidelines and a place to start, I think that parity is what the ultimate goal is, if someone walks off from the pack next season, they will be pulled back in by the org.
    This was the feeling I got from Smitty. Theres always going to be boats that perform better than others, that's racing, of any kind, but the idea is to keep us all in the same race this season, pretty sure you won't see what we had last season happen this year, if so it will be dealt with accordingly.
    Thank you again Smitty for stepping up to bat, and helping our class get back on track.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckdoctor View Post
    The rules are guidelines and a place to start, I think that parity is what the ultimate goal is, if someone walks off from the pack next season, they will be pulled back in by the org.
    This was the feeling I got from Smitty. Theres always going to be boats that perform better than others, that's racing, of any kind, but the idea is to keep us all in the same race this season, pretty sure you won't see what we had last season happen this year, if so it will be dealt with accordingly.
    Thank you again Smitty for stepping up to bat, and helping our class get back on track.
    You got it. This is going to be much easier than you think. It is just going to take the effort. Many of you know my son, Anthony. He is all yours. I am handing him the bodies, and the tools, to do the job. We are building the OPA Tech Truck, just for you. Stocked with 525/Bravo parts. Plus one spare drive, and one spare 525. Smitty
    Last edited by Wazzup Racing; 12-13-2010 at 05:26 PM.
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

12. Collapse Details

great , i think anthony will be a great asset to the class ,,he knows boats and rigging and he builds 525 ,s ,,thanks to OPA for all the efforts and time spent on our class,,

Lance , do you think I could borrow your LOTO engine for the first two races ??

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    great , i think anthony will be a great asset to the class ,,he knows boats and rigging and he builds 525 ,s ,,thanks to OPA for all the efforts and time spent on our class,,

Lance , do you think I could borrow your LOTO engine for the first two races ??
    Lol, if you can get it to pass the dyno and get it sealed,,, it's all yours George!!! Your gonna need to call Julie and order a custom built 31 pitch tho, we guessed and spun a six blade herring 34 lab finished 7,800 rpm at the shootout. May wanna get the ECM looked at to bump your rev limiter a bit, it starts to pull real nicely at about 6500..

14. Collapse Details

is it BLUE ,,lol

15. Collapse Details

Competitor
    George,I'm sure Lance can paint it blue if you really think it will matter.

16. Collapse Details

Whatever it takes to help a fellow svl racer!!! Lol. Heck, I'll even lend ya a world championship prop, if I ever get it back that is!!! Not sure randys gonna let me have it back....

17. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing View Post
    You got it. This is going to be much easier than you think. It is just going to take the effort. Many of you know my son, Anthony. He is all yours. I am handing him the bodies, and the tools, to do the job. We are building the OPA Tech Truck, just for you. Stocked with 525/Bravo parts. Plus one spare drive, and one spare 525. Smitty
    Wow, this is awesome. Good luck to everyone involved racers, officials, etc. Hope to see you guys again in Michigan in '11
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

18. Collapse Details

I do not have a dog in this fight, other than to say that thsi is, without a doubt, the most fun class of offshore racing that there is! You guys lay it all out! I hope that whatever is chosen for the rules works for everybody. To be selfish, though, it should be in the rules that you race at Lake of the Ozarks once a year. We miss you guys!

19. Collapse Details

QUOTE=36Tango;536225]I do not have a dog in this fight, other than to say that thsi is, without a doubt, the most fun class of offshore racing that there is! You guys lay it all out! I hope that whatever is chosen for the rules works for everybody. To be selfish, though, it should be in the rules that you race at Lake of the Ozarks once a year. We miss you guys![/QUOTE]

x2 on the lake of the ozarks!!!!! help a brother out smitty!!!!

20. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    We had an offer to race at Lake of the Ozarks but it's got to be a September race - no other available dates and it just doesn't work between Soloman's and Orange Beach.

Sorry, maybe if a date opens up in the future we'll try again. I agree, I love the lake and wish we could find a way to race there.