Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. Collapse Details

So who has sent thier engines to the OPA for Dyno testing?

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    last I heard was everyone was waiting on everyone else. I also believe that OSS will not allow the OPA seals if you rebuild your own motor. Wont know for sure unitil the OSS rules come out. And for the record I did not vote on any of the OSS rules for 2011. As a racer I stayed clear of all the board votes on rules. I believe Mike T. will be posting the OSS rules shortly. IF you plan on racing OSS please dont break your seals yet.
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

3. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    So who has sent thier engines to the OPA for Dyno testing?
    From the teams I have talked to I dont think any of them have yet.

4. Collapse Details

I dont get it? Smitty put on a good confrence call and it sounded like a solid plan was proposed. Now no one is willing to send there motor? No one said you had to rebuild it just send it and add the OPA seals. Steve ,George??? we need a base line from someone.
    Smitty if you need a 525 motor I will pull the one out of my class 5 boat for you. It is stock with aprox 50 hrs on it. My other SVL motor is in Texas. There is nothing worse than people saying they are all in and then not showing !!! Im not saying break your seals but at least send your motors to show some support for what they are triyng to do. At this rate class 4 may be the only compatition for the SVL fleet in OPA.
    MD

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Randy, What is your schedule?

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    I dont get it? Smitty put on a good confrence call and it sounded like a solid plan was proposed. Now no one is willing to send there motor? No one said you had to rebuild it just send it and add the OPA seals. Steve ,George??? we need a base line from someone.
    Smitty if you need a 525 motor I will pull the one out of my class 5 boat for you. It is stock with aprox 50 hrs on it. My other SVL motor is in Texas. There is nothing worse than people saying they are all in and then not showing !!! Im not saying break your seals but at least send your motors to show some support for what they are triyng to do. At this rate class 4 may be the only compatition for the SVL fleet in OPA.
    MD
    Randy, we agree!!!! Seems like a lot of guys are jerking Smitty around after he gave them exactly what they ask for.

7. Collapse Details

So far its Biloxi and what ever the OSS/P1 TBA schedual is. I would also like to do Ocean City,Patchaugh and Atlantic City with OPA and possably NYC with SBI. Im waiting like the rest of you to hear where the TBA races will be. It may be month by month for me. It sucks but it is what it is.
    Randy

8. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    So far its Biloxi and what ever the OSS/P1 TBA schedual is. I would also like to do Ocean City,Patchaugh and Atlantic City with OPA and possably NYC with SBI. Im waiting like the rest of you to hear where the TBA races will be. It may be month by month for me. It sucks but it is what it is.
    Randy
    Sarasota could have a good turn.

Everyone I have talked to is just sitting around waiting for someone else to make the first move. I do feel better that there are people worried about where SVL might race this year.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    Sarasota could have a good turn.

Everyone I have talked to is just sitting around waiting for someone else to make the first move. I do feel better that there are people worried about where SVL might race this year.
    I don't know if I would say people are worried about were your racing. I think its more like a morbid curiosity like when people slow up to look at a car wreck.

Last season's online antics had the inter-forums jumping.

10. Collapse Details

And perhaps the fact that an organization accomendated your class demands only to be what appears to be slapped in the face. Should not be a surprise to anyone that follows SVL. What a shame.

11. Collapse Details

is doc racing this year? will he want to after being caught cheating?

12. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    seems like a lot of sh1t talking already ,,and no racing for 3 more months,,,dying to point fingers and start ,,,same people,, same drama ,only now i see some side stepping and back peddeling,,hmmmmm ... i see some thrive on humility and humble pie ..
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

13. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by baldtires View Post
    is doc racing this year? will he want to after being caught cheating?
    Yes Doc will be racing this yr. last I heard.

14. Collapse Details

Easy Dean. How many races are you racing this year and which ones. Your class needs you at every race as well. As I recall you were a no show last year. Is that a slap in the face? Many have there own reasons including you. Dont throw stones if you cant live up to it either. I agree with some of what you say but you have a boat and dont show support as well. Its not just the SVL teams. First you want us then you hate us then you exclude us from TV, now your mad at the teams for not dynoing, and the SVL class is slapping your face now.
    MD

15. Collapse Details

Not slapping my face. I also did not demand that an entire org bend to my demands and then screw them. Additionally, I did not go on a keybroad binge saying that I would no long race with the org that went out of it's way for my class. Oh well at least C4 will have a larger fleet.

16. Collapse Details

Nice to see a little Offshore chatter back. First off, fear not. we put the rules out there for the class, because the class was looking for it. Thats our job. If you race with OPA great if not, at least stick together, there is power in numbers. I wish in my class I had ten other boats to race with. But, at the end of the day, that is up to you, the racer, not the Org. As far as the Dyno goes, three teams have called in to schedule time. Hopefully, if teams are going to follow our rules you don't wait till the last minute. Thanks Randy, but in the past year we have dynoed 14 525's, and have a real good base line on those engines. But understand, we only offered this package, to try and keep some sort of parity in SVL, if this is not what you all want to do, thats fine.

Randy one of the TBA's in June is official. Sunny Isles is a go. Last meeting was yesterday, deal is done. 3rd week in June. Hope to see you there.

To the rest of the SVL fleet.....keep it together, we as a whole are reponsible for the growth of our sport. No one person can make a change. Thanks Smitty
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

17. Collapse Details

Well sorry I wont be racing OPA in 2011. I dont want to trip on my shoes. Good luck getting any of the other SVL teams to give you $1500 per race as well. Or maybe thats just me you want to pay that.
    Buy the way OSS doesnt charge the SVL teams registration money at the site either. It comes out of there purse for the class and the winner normaly walks away with at least a $2000 check on the spot. And no money paid at registration. Sorry we couldnt work things out. Its your show.
    So guys and girls let this be a lesson. DONT ASK FOR YOUR MONEY or you will be charged more next year. Great message Smitty. Stop calling me I am done with you!
    Randy "The guy who cry's broke and trips threw life"
    Glad to see you two kiss and make up, look forward to racing you again Randy!!!
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

18. Collapse Details

Great post Smitty, I agree completely. Smitty and the Opa organization have taken the bull by the horns and gotten rid of the grey areas in the rules that caused so much turmoil last season in Svl. Everyone seems to be sitting around waiting for someone to step up and take the reins within the group. Svl teams need to start talking and get a schedule in the works now while it's early and everyone can start making travel plans. The organizations have all done their jobs to make Svl a tight competitive class,
    Start talking and go race!!!

19. Collapse Details

Competitor
    If anyone needs any info. on the SBI rules they r posted on the web. site under Tech rules, and if you have any question I would be happy to try and anwser them.

Frank
    321 693-0023