Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Thoughts on this boat
    I know nothing about outboards.. more trouble/less trouble? I`m good at breaking drives.. how do outboards hold up to stress?

I like the set up since theres more room with the outdrives outback..

Also it has been in salt water.. probably why its priced lower for a 32' boat?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o35275-en.html

thanx
    Dan
    Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 12-07-2010 at 07:37 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post
    I know nothing about outboards.. more trouble/less trouble? I`m good at breaking drives.. how do outdrives hold up to stress?

thanx
    Dan
    O.K. how many drives have you broken????

3. Collapse Details

Less than you?
    I would like more room even if I never break another drive regardless

4. Collapse Details

O.K. I like the more room thing but the drive deal......LOL

5. Collapse Details
    outboards +++
    outboards are great weight to hp ratio basicly no winterizing they are self draining.cheaper to run and fix when something does go wrong. I had tripple 2.5 race motors on a 33 powerplay very cool that set up you had to mix oil with the gas but it sounded so cool. and I blew 1 of them so had all 3 rebuilt for under 10g with block repairs on 1 motor. drive problems should be a thing of the past

6. Collapse Details

You didn't break you new Teague platinum upper do you?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by waycoolmarine View Post
    outboards are great weight to hp ratio basicly no winterizing they are self draining.cheaper to run and fix when something does go wrong. I had tripple 2.5 race motors on a 33 powerplay very cool that set up you had to mix oil with the gas but it sounded so cool. and I blew 1 of them so had all 3 rebuilt for under 10g with block repairs on 1 motor. drive problems should be a thing of the past
    The more I read the more I like em! Thank you for the info.
    B.Z. I don`t enjoy spending the money and the time without a boat during a already short season. 2 drives in one year leaves me wanting anything BUT a bravo out back in my next boat.

Don, no that drive is fine hardly broken in.
    First one was just a regular bravo that was on the boat when I bought it.
    Second one I got some awesome advice to build a drive using XZ helical gears instead of XR gears. After those basically stripped every tooth he says well if you have the power to break them .. ahh nevermind I`m getting pisssed just thinking about it,,,, these ****in so called internet gurus

8. Collapse Details

Keep in mind, a 600HP blower motor will be harder on drives that a 600HP naturally aspirated one! I had a single 540CI 600HP in front of a bravo x drive. No problems, but had to drive it like a wus. My buddies 31 Bullet had 600HP N/A motors in front of bravo x drives, 130 hours, no drive problems.

With that being said, some boats/setups just eat drives! BZ's Fountain and my old 402 Formula=drive busters!

I'd say pick a fast hull that dont need big power to run (easier on drives) or if you like big power, SSM drives.

I like that 33 powerplay out west that has teague motors, and ssm IV drives on boxes. Also comes with a spare pair of drives. That boat has got to run like a RAPED APE. 100mph and 33 powerplays are superb rough water boats for their size..

Saw you were looking at a 357 Formula, if looking to go that big, check out a 35 cafe racer cig! Or maybe even a baja 36 outlaw like obnoxus has which is a cigarette designed hull. Dennis boat is very roomy, and nice stabbin cabin..

According to my merc racing brochure from a while back, the biggest you could get with the bravo drive was 525SC. The 600sc shows only available with ssm IIIA or SSM V. The 600SC in front of a IIIA or V would be a bulletproof combo.
    Last edited by MILD THUNDER; 12-08-2010 at 08:19 AM. Reason: bz is a homo

9. Collapse Details

Hahahaha! Just saw your "Reason for edit". Hahahaha!

Saw your boat for sale last week Dan and I was worried you were getting out...I'm glad to see you are just trying to go bigger. That makes me smile.

10. Collapse Details
    Hell Man
    I know nothing about outboards.. more trouble/less trouble? I`m good at breaking drives.. how do outboards hold up to stress?

thanx
    Dan
    You Just Like The Last Picture on that Hustler ! .
    Dam mine is up for sale nice to keep it in the hood if we could , its all naturel 81 mph @ 647hp 680tq, pluss or minus water conditions

11. Collapse Details

I have run an outboard boat for the last 5 to 6 years. They are a lot easier to maintain, but things do break on them. The only good thing is when things do break, it is normally much cheaper to fix than the big inboards. I do not beat on my stuff, but I do run it hard and it has been a good 5/6 years of boating with very few problems. The funny thing is, is I am actually going to be looking to trade mine in the spring to go back to I/O power.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 101_0168.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
    You Just Like The Last Picture on that Hustler ! .
    Dam mine is up for sale nice to keep it in the hood if we could , its all naturel 81 mph @ 647hp 680tq, pluss or minus water conditions
    Not to bust balls but a 25' AT is going to ride better than most 25-28' boats.
    If I were looking in the low 30' range a 32 AT would be towards the top of my list!!!!

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Not to bust balls but a 25' AT is going to ride better than most 25-28' boats.
    If I were looking in the low 30' range a 32 AT would be towards the top of my list!!!!
    I agree. Problem is trying to find a 32 active thunder.31 Sonic, 32 hustler, 33 powerplay, 33 avs scarab, 33 outlaw, 33 zx donzi, 31 cig bullet are all nice boats

14. Collapse Details

I know where a 32' Little show is thats for sale for cheap money

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Hahahaha! Just saw your "Reason for edit". Hahahaha!

Saw your boat for sale last week Dan and I was worried you were getting out...I'm glad to see you are just trying to go bigger. That makes me smile.
    Hey That's not nice!!!!! LOL well I will try to upgrade to IV boat next time blowing up Bravo's is not fun...but I have become very good at getting them back together with Big D's help!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails broken drive!.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

I know where a 32' Little show is thats for sale for cheap money
    T
    I got a place that insures tonys 41....his has smaller power, but shouldn't be a prob for yours.

17. Collapse Details

Love the outboards, once you have them you will never go back, but keep in mind that even thought the ad says 300xs, it should read twin 300x(at least from the pics,look at the cowling decals), those are Promax motors, not optimax xs, good motor, but nowhere near as good on fuel as the 300xs optimax.

18. Collapse Details

Good info.. guess I`ll see if mine sells first, I only have it listed on OSO.
    It would be a perfect boat for the Chain of Wakes .. I should try to advertise it there after the holidays.

This guy sent me more pics (33 Powerplay), its got U shaped seating which gets my wifes nipples hard and looks to be all redone.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o36788-en.html

Can`t believe I already have the itch to upgrade after a season and a half, im ****in DE DE DEEEE
    I should have just went 10' out with the garage

Magic whats this 32' you tease with???

19. Collapse Details

Good info.. guess I`ll see if mine sells first, I only have it listed on OSO.
    It would be a perfect boat for the Chain of Wakes .. I should try to advertise it there after the holidays.

This guy sent me more pics (33 Powerplay), its got U shaped seating which gets my wifes nipples hard and looks to be all redone.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o36788-en.html

Can`t believe I already have the itch to upgrade after a season and a half, im ****in DE DE DEEEE
    I should have just went 10' out with the garage

Magic whats this 32' you tease with???
    Mine of course I lose interest in boats after the first season

20. Collapse Details

Mine of course I lose interest in boats after the first season