Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post
    Good info.. guess I`ll see if mine sells first, I only have it listed on OSO.
    It would be a perfect boat for the Chain of Wakes .. I should try to advertise it there after the holidays.

This guy sent me more pics (33 Powerplay), its got U shaped seating which gets my wifes nipples hard and looks to be all redone.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o36788-en.html

Can`t believe I already have the itch to upgrade after a season and a half, im ****in DE DE DEEEE
    I should have just went 10' out with the garage

Magic whats this 32' you tease with???
    Nice ride, I kinda know that boat also, saw it in Miami a few times. i believe those are 300x motors also, not a bad thing, but the 300xs is WAYYYYYYY better on fuel.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post

I like that 33 powerplay out west that has teague motors, and ssm IV drives on boxes. Also comes with a spare pair of drives. That boat has got to run like a RAPED APE. 100mph and 33 powerplays are superb rough water boats for their size..

Saw you were looking at a 357 Formula, if looking to go that big, check out a 35 cafe racer cig! Or maybe even a baja 36 outlaw like obnoxus has which is a cigarette designed hull. Dennis boat is very roomy, and nice stabbin cabin..

You`re right on, I went looking around to GSC and Shogrens and was really impressed with the room of the 36 Outlaw.. the 38 special was unbelievably roomy, its like a cruiser!
    They have a 35 Outlaw there with a wild paintjob that was just awesome! Way out of my price range at $114K but just awesome.

After seeing the Bajas im not sure id be happy with all the other boats i`ve been considering. Is it just me or is even a 32 AT small compared to the OUTLAW (cockpitwise)

Theres like 8 people in there!

You could fit a serious party in this bitch!

3. Collapse Details

Talk to Obnoxus. He's had a 38 and a 36. Likes the 36 waaaaay more. I LOVE that they set up the 4 bolster cockpit as an option...always thought that'd be pretty cool.

4. Collapse Details

Really!?!? Thats interesting

5. Collapse Details

Put it this way,,,,,, I owned the 38 for 2 weeks

6. Collapse Details

Wow thats a shame I really love the set up.. so what was so bad? Ride? Speed?
    Engine access seems like a real bitch

7. Collapse Details

The 36 was originally a Cigarette hull. When Dennis isn't pussing out, tabbing down and stuffing waves, it really handles rough water well.

8. Collapse Details

Wow thats a shame I really love the set up.. so what was so bad? Ride? Speed?
    Engine access seems like a real bitch
    We bought a 272 brand new in 1997, and there was a 38 special on the showroom floor.

That was the drool over, end all be all of what we wanted, layout , amenities,,, all the room, and still a performance boat.

Fast forward 10 years, can finally afford one, had a trailer built for it drove out to Ohio picked it up couldnt wait to get on the water.

Idled out of the marina pulled on plane made a turn and went through a couple waves and we both just kinda looked at each other.

Again, great boat,,,,, lots of room, but handles a bit to much like a cruiser for me, I like the "sporty " feel better.

And yes, I stuffed the 36 last summer with some " novice " boaters in back in some big water when I should have let it fly more !!!

9. Collapse Details

Ok well thats good info I can take it off my list (was out of my price range pretty much anyway) So Dennis how you like the 36 Outlaw?
    I`m looking for something sporty but roomy.
    I still like the 33 Powerplay but my wife thinks its too shallow and she wouldnt feel safe. I don`t know how true that is not that it matters cause there just isnt any for sale with outboards anyway.

I thought about a 32' AT not sure if I`d be happy with the amount of room. Theres a early 1990 without power if I could get for $25K and throw in some motor could be a good deal in the end..
    35' cafes seem nice too.. theres some 1990`s that have been redone for sale in my price range (about $50K)damn theres too many choices and Mild the "boat Whisperer" keeps finding the deals.
    Thanx Joe for all your help!!

10. Collapse Details

Yeah...Joe is great for that! hahahaha! I looked a lot at Cafes before I bought the Fountain...would have bought one if my boat had sold to a private buyer...instead I traded at a dealer. Great hull, nice interior...but they are pretty heavy. Look for something with newer or upgraded drives...it would be worth your while. I'd think you could get a way newer Outlaw for the $$ of a Cafe?

BTW...the "shallow" rear bench is a MAJOR turnoff for me...my Powerquest was pretty shallow, and in rough water, the people in the back don't feel too safe.

11. Collapse Details

How about that 380 Powerquest with fresh 600SC mercs and ssm V drives?????

12. Collapse Details

32' AT is a hell of a boat, less room than a 36' Outlaw but that is a bigger boat!!!!
    I think both boats are great choices, 36' Baja will take some decent power to run fast. That PQ Mild mentioned seems interesting!!!! In my opinion, your better to spend the money up front to get what you want rather than trying to upgrade what you buy or spending money on a fixer up er

13. Collapse Details

A friend of mine has his Baja 302 for sale for 65K and its loaded including blue 500 efi motors. Its a super nice boat that runs in the low 80's and pretty sure he just listed it on ebay. Just a thought

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    32' AT is a hell of a boat, less room than a 36' Outlaw but that is a bigger boat!!!!
    I think both boats are great choices, 36' Baja will take some decent power to run fast. That PQ Mild mentioned seems interesting!!!! In my opinion, your better to spend the money up front to get what you want rather than trying to upgrade what you buy or spending money on a fixer up er
    And yes buy what you want becasue in the end you will spend much less money that way

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    How about that 380 Powerquest with fresh 600SC mercs and ssm V drives?????
    That is a great deal especially with those drives.. from experience those are pretty thirsty motors, not too crazy about the teal wife says I`d have to strip it all off lol ...but beggars can`t be choosers, I`ll have to take a trip out there to check it out.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post

17. Collapse Details

That is a great deal especially with those drives.. from experience those are pretty thirsty motors, not too crazy about the teal wife says I`d have to strip it all off lol ...but beggars can`t be choosers, I`ll have to take a trip out there to check it out.
    Plenty of Room, nice stabbin cabin, and i bet it runs real respectable and reliable with that motor/drive package. merc also offered the SSM V package with the 800SC mills. So overpowering them with 600SC's wont be a issue. Lots of guys ran 900-1000HP thru them with good results. So if you ever decided to bolt on intercoolers or larger blowers, your good to go!

18. Collapse Details

Interior on a 38 PQ is just awesome. TONS of room...think Formula or NorTech room...

19. Collapse Details

I love the 36,,,, lots of room,,,,rides great,,,,but its not a very fast hull.

Its all depending on what you want

20. Collapse Details

You guys think the 38 PQ would ride like the .38 Special thou?
    It is a serious drive train thats for sure no more broken drives
    I like speed but its secondary to me now, with two small kids its just not a priority . I think 70mph would be fine with me.
    Ride quality (wave crushing) and room are on top of my list.
    My AT can go fast but not in any kind of bigger water so whats the point.

Joe did the performance brokerage place that has that Formula ever get back to you after your awesome email?