1. Collapse Details
    Looking for a shot gun. Need input
    I am looking for a shot gun for deer and bird hunting. I have a Browning A500 12 ga. now and I want something new. I was looking at a Smith and Wessen model 1012 12ga. I can get it for 500.00 new. Has anyone owned one. They are made in Turkey. It is a very light gun.

2. Collapse Details

If your looking for reasonably priced lightweight autoloader its tough to beat a Remington 1100.

3. Collapse Details

I have looked at those too. Nice gun.

4. Collapse Details

This thread made me curious, so yesterday I looked at the S and W 1012. It's a pretty gun. Very classic looking. I was finding them for around $550.

5. Collapse Details

If you wanna spend a little more, theres always the Beretta Xtrema. Its geared more towards waterfowl though.

6. Collapse Details

The Dealer here in town has the S&W 1012 for 515.00 new

There are no Beretta dealers in my area. Might have to make a trip to St.Louis

7. Collapse Details

Go with the Rem 1100. Best "bang" for the buck.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wardey View Post
    Go with the Rem 1100. Best "bang" for the buck.
    What he said

9. Collapse Details

The only shotgungun that you will ever need is a Benelli Super Black Eagle. You can shoot target loads at clay pigeons, field loads at pheasants, and then 3 1/2" magnums at geese all with the same gun with no adjustments. remove the smoiothe barrel and add a slug barrel, and you have one of the most accurate slug guns that are made. I would venture to guess that it IS the most accurate autoloader slug gun. Shooting the Hornadays, you can have awesome accuracy to 150-175 yards, and even reach beyond. Like I say, it is the only shotgun that you will ever need.

10. Collapse Details

Stoeger Model 2000, it has Benelli's Inertia driven system at less than half the price (499.00). I purchased it as a back up to my Benelli and because I got a killer price on a field/defence combo. I have had extensive experience with both the M2000 and the Super Black Eagle. Aside from the finishing on the Benelli being superior, they shoot identical. I have noticed no malfunctions in either. The only advantage of the Benelli has, is it is able to shoot 3 1/2in shells. I happen to prefer 3in shells as they pattern better. They both have the advantage of not being gas operated systems that require more cleaning and upkeep. Good luck with your purchase.

11. Collapse Details

Founding Member Edward R. Cozzi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    If your looking for reasonably priced lightweight autoloader its tough to beat a Remington 1100.
    +1
    Athiests better pray they're right.

12. Collapse Details

I too, like the Benelli's. Two SBE II's, one black, one camo. Didn't believe the hype until I was carrying it around all day, then carried my 11-87 the next day. The Benelli is a lot lighter and as said before, the ability to shoot 2-3/4 or 3-1/2's is nice. It's a big chunk of change but worth it. Clean too since it doesn't use the gas to cycle.

But the slug barrel can be hard to find, I actually bought my slug barrel before I bought the gun, knowing I could sell it for what I paid for it. This was about 2 years ago, they may be easier to come by now.

This year I just used my field barrel with rifled slugs, since I didn't have time to sight my slug barrel.