Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Donzi Moving to Washington NC
    Changes Underway at Donzi Marine and Pro-Line Boats; Rebirth Announced for Baja Marine
    Washington, North Carolina – November 22, 2010: Liberty Associates and American Marine Holdings Chairman Bill Gates is proud to make the following announcement regarding significant changes to the operations of Liberty’s recreational fiberglass powerboat brands Donzi Marine, Pro-Line Boats, Baja Marine, and Fountain Powerboats.
    Liberty, owner of Fountain Powerboats and Baja; and American Marine Holdings, owner of Donzi Marine and Pro-Line; announced today that manufacturing operations for Donzi and Pro-Line are being relocated from production facilities in Sarasota and Crystal River, Florida; to Liberty's 250,000 square foot, 66-acre waterfront facility in Washington, North Carolina, long known as the home of Fountain Powerboats. Production for both brands is expected to commence by late November. North Carolina officials, lead by Governor Beverly Perdue, were instrumental in working with Liberty and AMH to offer state and county economic grants as incentives to make this project a reality.
    John Walker, recently appointed as vice president and chief operating officer of Liberty, explained, “In North Carolina, Donzi and Pro-Line boats will be produced by their own dedicated workforces. Sales, marketing, and administration for both brands will continue to be run from our Florida offices. Donzi and Pro-Line will enjoy the benefits of a state of the art, wholly self-contained facility right on the water. At the same time, the added production volume will significantly enhance manufacturing efficiency at the North Carolina plant, which has been fully operational since November of 2009 when Fountain emerged from bankruptcy under our ownership.”
    Donzi is currently enjoying strong sales and increased market share in the high performance powerboat segment, where the its upscale models typically sell for more than $200,000. The company has reported retail sales of nearly 160 units in the past 15 months, while at the same time seeing a nearly complete elimination of existing field inventory.
    Meanwhile, sales at Pro-Line have been seen a boost following the recent introduction of several new models, including a 35-foot center console.
    Liberty has also announced plans to re-launch Baja as a stand-alone brand. According to Walker, who will serve as president of the new company, “We have given Baja a very thorough evaluation. The brand has some of the most loyal customers in all of high performance boating, and many of them, along with several very successful past Baja dealers, have given us some tremendous feedback. We will reintroduce Baja with a very new and fresh model lineup, while retaining the key attributes and features that made this company so popular and successful for so many years.”
    According to Walker, centralizing production in North Carolina is a strategic move that will provide significant advantages to Liberty’s brands. “After evaluating our options, North Carolina was really the only logical choice. The state has a very refreshing pro-industry stance, and the economic development people have been excellent to work with. We feel very welcome here. Beyond the many economic considerations, Eastern North Carolina has a very stable, skilled workforce and a strong boat building heritage.”
    Gates added, “We have reorganized Fountain over the past 12 months, and are moving forward with our plans to improve operational and cost efficiencies, and gear up for future. Now we’re bringing in Donzi, with its dominance in the high end luxury performance boat market, and Pro-Line, the world’s largest builder of family fishing boats. With the rebirth of Baja now underway, I think it’s safe to say that Washington, North Carolina is the new capital of the boat building world.”
    For more information, contact Josh Stickles at 941.400.8494, or josh.stickles@gmail.com.

2. Collapse Details

Can't wait I want A Fonzi i want a Fonzi

3. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Will Henry Winkler be the spokesperson
    ________

4. Collapse Details

It actually may be a good move, in theory they will cut cost just by tripling up all the orders
    Run until it sounds expensive

5. Collapse Details

It puts a lot of easter NCers to work too!
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Davidmnc View Post
    It puts a lot of easter NCers to work too!
    or cubans

7. Collapse Details

But all the people from the old locations get to be unemployed....unless they relocate.

8. Collapse Details

I may sound a little pessimistic, but running a company from another state than the production location,seems like a bad idea. I guess Reggie will have to oversee production.

9. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Donskihp View Post
    I may sound a little pessimistic, but running a company from another state than the production location,seems like a bad idea. I guess Reggie will have to oversee production.
    The car companies run their plants from different countries.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    ONLY IN AMERICA can you run a company into the ground ,squander all the money,,
    file bankrupt, and for your great leadership ,,get handed 4 major brands to run and operate,,go figure,,
    Just curious George. Do you have any idea how big business works. It appears Fountain, along with the others have been bought out by American Marine Holdings because they were in Financial distress. If you're referring to Reggie, Im pretty sure he doesn't have a whole lot to say about things anymore. I would also assume he doesn't own the property in NC either. You take pot shots at him just because your bitter. It's pretty obvious. Its beneath you George. If Reggie has a stake in AMH, please feel free to correct me.

11. Collapse Details

ONLY IN AMERICA can you run a company into the ground ,squander all the money,,
    file bankrupt, and for your great leadership ,,get handed 4 major brands to run and operate,,go figure,,
    Dont forget the part about building the World's Fastest vee hulls, advanacing performance boating further than most anyother modern builder. Risking his personal capitial and a massing significant personal wealth because of it. Oh did you know a guy racing a Fountain cheated in Key West?

12. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    ooo now it,s " a guy racing a FOUNTAIN " NOT "THE FOUNTAIN GUY CHEATED"
    Bruce i didnt, mean it to point like that ,,,,it,s in boating ,,the banking ,,,automobile ind,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

13. Collapse Details

Yea an look at the car companys, thev'e done well recently. You all do realize its Liberty Associates that owns the whole shooting match now!. My problem is when companys get bought out and combined with others they loose there identy. Case in point, Buick, Pointiac,Olsmible, etc. PS..theres no doubt Reggie knows how to build a fast boat

14. Collapse Details

ooo now it,s " a guy racing a FOUNTAIN " NOT "THE FOUNTAIN GUY CHEATED"
    Bruce i didnt, mean it to point like that ,,,,it,s in boating ,,the banking ,,,automobile ind,,
    not the way i read it.....seems you were directly pointing a finger at Reggie

15. Collapse Details

No what I was getting at is Craig Barrie lives on the east coast of FL. works in sarasota,traveles home on the weekends. He can't spend much time overseeing production of boats,out of town. My point was Reggie is in the same building,so who else to over see production. Fountain is Reggies babie, not Donzi

16. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    not the way i read it.....seems you were directly pointing a finger at Reggie
    well bruce you are so prespective ,,kinda right ,,yes reggie ,,the chase bank ceo,s ,,bank of america ceo,s the gm ceo,s ect how,s that for ya,, that s what i said ONLY IN AMERICA,, AND YOUR RIGHT i don,t know anything about adding and subtraction,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Donskihp View Post
    My point was Reggie is in the same building,so who else to over see production. Fountain is Reggies babie, not Donzi
    I've never been there, but it's my understanding that the different brands will be in different facilities on the same property.

18. Collapse Details

Who cares lets hope they all continue building all 3 brands and not wind up like Detroit

19. Collapse Details

I don't know the guys at liberty, but I do know Bankers .... Bean counters, its all about the money .... Their into money (not boats) .... Moving all production into one place is logical ..... Building everything with with the same people, products, and on the same line, is logical .... Manufacturing the same product under three different names, thereby aquiring a larger market share, is logical ...... and so on .... We're all watching though, hoping (I think in part for them) that they can keep the three Iconic Brands Unique ...... Ofcourse, in terms of making money after the expense of setting everything up like this, just doesn't seem Logical .... Lol ... this rant sponsered in part by Statbucks tripple shot, whatever .....Lol

20. Collapse Details

I've been to the Fountain plant, and its the nicest one I've seen. Several large new buildings,all on the water. There is room for all companys to do there own thing,if they are left alone. Intentions sometimes start out good, but often turn sour later.