Biloxi
    Sunny Isles
    Sarasota
    Gold Cup
    St Clair
    Clearwater
    Key West

with one or 2 more if possible
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

2. Collapse Details

too early for that Pete. However, All great sites for sure.

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    wishful thinking, I know there are a lot of internal issues to take care of, as well as no one wants their feelings hurt.

4. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    bruce is right ,way to early to tell ,,,but the dates will be a big consideration too Pete ..most can.t have to many to close together,,WORK PLAYS A ROLL..
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

5. Collapse Details

Don't forget P1 is supposed to take flight next season. Aren't they putting a schedule together for SVL?

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by capthump1 View Post
    Don't forget P1 is supposed to take flight next season. Aren't they putting a schedule together for SVL?
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    I think Smitty mention that in order for the teams to recieve prise money they would have to committ to at least 5 OPA race sites....I could be wrong but I thought I read that somewhere....
    2009 Activator/ Powered by ILMOR
    #540 Boat Responsibly Racing
    Presented by your U.S. Coast Guard

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    I think Smitty mention that in order for the teams to recieve prise money they would have to committ to at least 5 OPA race sites....I could be wrong but I thought I read that somewhere....
    Yes he did....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post

That phrase " Show me the Money" is going to come into play here before long!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    I would guess it will go more like " show me the boats and you will get paid after 5 events". Afterall the Orgs are investing in the class.

11. Collapse Details

Pete, I think you would have to argree in this case...
    OPA is taking on a big task here in getting the SVL class back on track,
    I would think if OPA is going to take control of the rules and carry them out like the SVL racers want...I would think the class would run the 5 race requirment that is being asked....

12. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    i believe he will do what he says,,,after all he .is still putting time to salvage us ,,were in good shape here ,,and the future looks bright..
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Just my opinion , but havent they already made rules for SVL?? and if they have I would say they did so without a commitment of 5 races. so the next thing would be show the money, as the 2011 season gets closer all the organizations will try and up the next one.
    SVL is a hot commodity when compared to other classes, ie not everyone can drop half a million to race SC.

Just curious what have they invested in this class??? did they buy data loggers?? Hire qualified inspectors to do before and after tear down inspections???

Lets be realistic here, they have come to the table with a offer and that's about it. Talk
    is about all, and you all should know talk is very cheap, just look at the last 7 or 8 years! just sayin.

14. Collapse Details

Competitor
    The SBI races will be open to any boats that want to race what ever races they want to race same as always. The SVL class has to get strong and stable again, it will take time but they are a tight group of racers. With the SVL reg. in KW we hope to see a few more. SVL had some great races day after day and put on a hell of a show. Look forward to a lot more of that this yr.

The revised SBI rules will be out soon and the schedule is set, it will be time to rock and roll soon.

Cocoa Beach would be a hell of a place to bust it open, I know George and Steve are ready.

15. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    The SBI races will be open to any boats that want to race what ever races they want to race same as always. The SVL class has to get strong and stable again, it will take time but they are a tight group of racers. With the SVL reg. in KW we hope to see a few more. SVL had some great races day after day and put on a hell of a show. Look forward to a lot more of that this yr.

The revised SBI rules will be out soon and the schedule is set, it will be time to rock and roll soon.

Cocoa Beach would be a hell of a place to bust it open, I know George and Steve are ready.

Thats the point of my previous post, there are a lot of great race sites some are just better venues than others for various reasons!

16. Collapse Details

Just my opinion , but havent they already made rules for SVL?? and if they have I would say they did so without a commitment of 5 races. so the next thing would be show the money, as the 2011 season gets closer all the organizations will try and up the next one.
    SVL is a hot commodity when compared to other classes, ie not everyone can drop half a million to race SC.

Just curious what have they invested in this class??? did they buy data loggers?? Hire qualified inspectors to do before and after tear down inspections???

Lets be realistic here, they have come to the table with a offer and that's about it. Talk
    is about all, and you all should know talk is very cheap, just look at the last 7 or 8 years! just sayin.
    I agree talk is talk...
    But I think all year there was no rules set in stone in 2010...
    It sounds like the orgs are going to put out the rules and enforce them...
    Don't know about tech and how that will all play out....I quess will just have to wait and see what there going to do.....
    But in the end..I'm sure if the SVL teams don't like what they see...they won't show....

17. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Rules are one thing enforcing them is another, the best rules in the world arent worth a $hit if they are not enforced.

18. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    Pete, that was the problem. The rules were written but the class wanted to allow non conforming boats to race in order to increase boat count. Great, but now they want rules that will allow ALL SVL boats to race against each other on a fair and level playing field without the need to go back to Mercury every time a seal needs to be broken.

Give Smitty and JC a few more weeks to come out with a new set of rules that takes into account all the different versions of engines and hulls. I think we all want the same thing - parity and close racing between a group of evenly matched race boats, both new and old....while still based on the equipment that is already in place.

19. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron P View Post
    Give Smitty and JC a few more weeks to come out with a new set of rules that takes into account all the different versions of engines and hulls. I think we all want the same thing - parity and close racing between a group of evenly matched race boats, both new and old....while still based on the equipment that is already in place.
    It would also be nice if the rules were such that SV, Cat Lite and SVL all had the same propulsion options.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

20. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    Why? Cat Lite runs a crashbox and #6 drive.