1. Collapse Details
    Offshore Racing 2011
    2010 is done and over with now. Time to move on to the 2011 season. The number of race boats is dwindling and there are too many classes. What do the race team owners really want out of their sport - other than more prize money, tow money, television and sponsors. It seems to me that the sport is really at a crossroads and some decisions need to be made. Thoughts?

2. Collapse Details

Competitor
    I know OPA's classes 5 and 6 are growing. There are a couple of older "A" boats and some F-1 boats coming out next year. Although not perfect, the brackett racing does allow older boats to come out, race, and be competative. It's going to be a long off season!

3. Collapse Details

I'm hearing of a brand new boat that is going to put a whole new meaning to SVL........just say'n.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

4. Collapse Details

mkeywest
    Well ,..Since The SVL class has had a great following since it,s inception Why not start there ?.
    Just model all the current hull,s after The White boat ( sunprint )There,s a 12 boat class ready to rumble .I ,d go to a race just to see that !

I peronally Cannot handle 55 flags for 55 boats anymore .

5. Collapse Details

DEspite the hopes and dreams of free/paid rides, Prime time tv exposure, and unlimited sponsor dollars frlying in from all angles, the best line I have heard all year was "we are just a bunch of old guys having fun". Shouldn't it be about having fun? consistant rules so you know what your doing so that fun doesn't come at the expense of others? The odds of doing anything but loosing money in the sport are pretty long, so if your going to loose money, why not enjoy it. have fun with your buddies in the pits and beat him fair and square on the racecourse...
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

6. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    ROB we have had that for the past 7 years,,then 2010 we got blind sided by unhomologated fountain in BILOXI ,,after that the season went to hell ,,the ones who worked hard at being competitive saw a stacked deck,,the ones who went to a social event ,and free baked potatos, did not care ,,so we have a split,,I can only hope after this past week some more eyes have been opened to the what the others have been saying all year..
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions