Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Fountain/Forehand Failure?
    It seems Fountain needs to clean the egg from its face.
    The big Fountains were screaming fast!
    However, As for the SVL Fountain, How were they even allowed to race on Sunday? Why were they not DQ'ed from the event?
    Years ago, if you got caught cheating, you got the downhill ride inside the porta-potty with the door nailed shut.
    Since it seems this Forehand guy drives, throttles, builds the boat, builds the engine, and runs the team, he himself should tske sole blame and responsablity for the Drs' embarrassment.
    Abbysomeone

2. Collapse Details

I agree, I would like to understand how any of the SVL (other than Sun Print) can run in the class. The SVL teams themselves have said that thier boats are not within the rules.

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    I think Matt Trulio should do an investigative interview with ol' Reggie in his boys. Should make for some interesting reading....between the lines.

4. Collapse Details

mkeywest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    I agree, I would like to understand how any of the SVL (other than Sun Print) can run in the class. The SVL teams themselves have said that thier boats are not within the rules.
    Exacly !! the only thing that has been changed on the white boat ( sun print ) is the oil .

5. Collapse Details

There should be an astrisk next to the whole SVL season and just move on to 2011 with new rules that makes all the boats legal and place season ending penalties for significant rule violations.

6. Collapse Details

Don't worry about it Gordo......there's a new boat coming out that will make the fountain look like it is sitting still.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    There should be an astrisk next to the whole SVL season and just move on to 2011 with new rules that makes all the boats legal and place season ending penalties for significant rule violations.
    Or change from SVL to SVA, Super Vee Anarchy
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

8. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron P View Post
    I think Matt Trulio should do an investigative interview with ol' Reggie in his boys. Should make for some interesting reading....between the lines.
    they have been doing this for 10 years,, they have got this down to a fine science , ,,the cheating,,,blame placement,,,the interviews,,what happened here was they got so comfortable with it ,and arrogant ,,they did not even try to hide it, STUPID ,,1.89 CAN OF SPRAY PAINT,,,LOLOLOL

MY HATS OFF TO SBI AND RICHIE ,,it,s a start ,,,

ps everybody might know ,,I HAVE NO USE FOR ( FORHAND " THE JOKE ") BUT he cant be blaimed for this alone ,,he takes orders from someone,,he gets paid from someone,,and does what he is told ,,he does not own ANYTHING,,,
    Last edited by imco offshore; 11-15-2010 at 03:48 PM.
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron P View Post
    I agree but I do not see that happening.
    Steve

10. Collapse Details

Spray painting it would be deliberate and willfull intent... instead of "Oh, I did't know..."

11. Collapse Details

does eveybody's flywheel get checked with a magnet?
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

12. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    When given the chance.. Racers have been busted before for that.. Some motor like the 525's bravos are hard or impossible to get to with out some dis assembly.

Karma is a bitch.. If the worlds greatest driver had not of spun out. The engine would not have been pulled and it would have gone undetected.

The truth usually comes out over time..This time the truth came out in time..

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    They asked if they could check ours. We complied not sure it was done but it was no issue or concern for us.
    Steve

14. Collapse Details

From what I saw, team Watch Your Back failed post race inspection were given a penalty and corrected the infraction. Seems cut and dry to me.

15. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwerks View Post
    From what I saw, team Watch Your Back failed post race inspection were given a penalty and corrected the infraction. Seems cut and dry to me.
    Cut and dry like firewood thats going to keep this fire burning all winter.
    Last edited by Dunbar 104; 11-15-2010 at 06:09 PM. Reason: sp

16. Collapse Details

For those of us who were not around and haven't heard about this, what exactly was illegal?
    www.blackduckcafe.net

17. Collapse Details

SBI needs to be congratulated for being the only organization to find and hold responsible the team for infractions.

The grey area is what to penalize the team for use of an illegal part. I believe that if a part is discovered in pre-race tech, the team is given the opportunity to make the boat legal by changing the part. IF the team is found to have raced the illegal part then usually is disqualification.
    Maybe Steve or Mike can clear this up for us.

Wil

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by earthwerks View Post

19. Collapse Details

i believe it was a zero balance aluminum fly wheel. aluminum fly wheel at the very least.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ros View Post
    SBI needs to be congratulated for being the only organization to find and hold responsible the team for infractions.

The grey area is what to penalize the team for use of an illegal part. I believe that if a part is discovered in pre-race tech, the team is given the opportunity to make the boat legal by changing the part. IF the team is found to have raced the illegal part then usually is disqualification.
    Maybe Steve or Mike can clear this up for us.

Wil
    The APBA LLC rules on infractions changed over time. At first we had a zero tolerance policy. If you got caught cheating before or after a race you were DQ'd suspended, fined, and docked all accumulated points. By 2003, we had adopted more of a NASCAR formula, where, depending on the infraction, you would receive anywhere from a DQ to time penalties and loss of points plus fines, or a combination of those things.

From my perspective, 2010 is over and everyone should look toward 2011 right now. There are two real sanctioning bodies. Both groups should adopt the same rules for their common classes. I think the racers should tell anyone trying to put a third sanctioning body together to forget it and work within the existing two groups. The sport does not need another sanctioning body.

If it were me, I would take all of the existing non-P classes and put them in P. Maybe tweek the rules a little to separate twins from singles, but that is it.

Then, I would create one single engine spec V class and one twin cat class that all existing 36'-40' cats could fit in. I would go to Ilmor and get them involved as an engine provider, and then allow the 525's to be modified up to the Ilmor spec. I might even have some rules laying around that could be used as models to make this a little easier. Talk to the racers for input but do not let them vote on anything!!!!!!

You might have something then, but the current mishmash of classes and rules does not work too well IMO. When Bob Teague cannot get the classes straight while giving radio commentary you know, or at least you should know that there is a major problem.