Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    if you have to submit different propellers ,,why not engines ??
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I understand to a point. But when the engine swap infraction was called in, and SBI/Richie responded, why they would allow the change of flywheels on the one they were installing without teching the rest of the engine instead of making them put the one they had removed back in ????
    All of this seems a bit sketchy to me. What are the real facts? I take from the above post that an aluminum flywheel was found on an engine that was going to be installed and was caught before the engine went in the boat. So was the aluminum flywheel run in the boat or not? Someone in the know should post the facts of what transpired other than an aluminum flywheel was found on a motor sitting on the ground. I'm not defending them if they indeed used unapproved parts but am not condemning them either till I know for sure what transpired. Really not interested in what somebody heard happened either.

3. Collapse Details

Scott ,I believe they saw it ,as it came out of the boat, and was hanging in the air ,,we can all come up with a way out ,,bottom line ,,WHY DID THEY EVEN BUY IT and put it on a motor they might end up needing to use,,

4. Collapse Details

i would really just like to know the facts before I pass judgement.

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerguymiami View Post
    Call SBI.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    we need as many builders as posible to get in the sport again. yrs ago they all showcased their boats.
    no boat builder with any integrity will enter or fund a boat in a series that blatantly allows cheating in favor of one specific brand..
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

7. Collapse Details

Competitor
    the fly wheel was on the motor that was coming out of the boat and ran fri race.

8. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Alot on question for someone that doesnt race, have a boat , or that wasnt there .

It not rocket science not sure where u are going. Doc hasnt denied it so not sure what ur trying to say or ask. There was no gray area pretty simple ...if the maginet doesnt stick u have to convict.

9. Collapse Details

the fly wheel was on the motor that was coming out of the boat and ran fri race.
    I think we all understand what crankshaft rebalancing/mallory metal is required to offset that theatre of lightweight rotational cheating.. as I stated before, if your caught blatantly cheating, your gone for good... this could also be in the sponsor fund language that any prize monies will be witheld until a tech inspection is done, even one grey area will be a prize fund forfeiture with those funds being equally distributed to the remaining race finishers. Seems clear as mud to me.
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

10. Collapse Details

Alot on question for someone that doesnt race, have a boat , or that wasnt there .

It not rocket science not sure where u are going. Doc hasnt denied it so not sure what ur trying to say or ask. There was no gray area pretty simple ...if the maginet doesnt stick u have to convict.
    Dude, I do race, have boats and I was there. I was asking a simple question. Read back through this thread and you will see that it sounded like the motor was going into the boat. Where are you going?

11. Collapse Details
    Holy Sh*t
    All these Threads about SVL End Up Just as Toxic and F'd up as the class it's self. I'm with Buiz, Cheat and your out........But then someone would just use more colored hair Gel and change his name a little and try to run the sister ship to the boat/engine combo that was deemed illegle. Taking prize money from these Bozo's doesn't do anything. they spend more to cheat for one race than they could win in one year.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FastDonzi View Post
    All these Threads about SVL End Up Just as Toxic and F'd up as the class it's self. I'm with Buiz, Cheat and your out........But then someone would just use more colored hair Gel and change his name a little and try to run the sister ship to the boat/engine combo that was deemed illegle. Taking prize money from these Bozo's doesn't do anything. they spend more to cheat for one race than they could win in one year.
    you hit the nail on the head.. it,s little people with big ego,s

13. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Dude, I do race, have boats and I was there. I was asking a simple question. Read back through this thread and you will see that it sounded like the motor was going into the boat. Where are you going?
    Well you have your anwser...so now you dont need to wonder any longer.

What race did you race in this past yr 2010 schedule ?? What boat did you race this past yr (boat class) ?? What Org. were u a register member with for 2010 ??
    Last edited by XtremeRacing; 11-21-2010 at 10:01 AM.

14. Collapse Details

Frank , This is a manufacturer who is building svl,s ,i,m sure wants to know the cards are not stacked against him ,like the class had this year,,
    your post #98
    we need as many builders as posible to get in the sport again. yrs ago they all showcased their boats

15. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    Frank , This is a manufacturer who is building svl,s ,i,m sure wants to know the cards are not stacked against him ,like the class had this year,,
    your post #98
    we need as many builders as posible to get in the sport again. yrs ago they all showcased their boats
    He says he is I havent seen a boat have you , heard a lot of talk about it. Was supose to be in OB and KW didnt see it did u??

Sounds like he is just stiring the pot.

16. Collapse Details

The Fountain should be the least of your worries. Most likely after OB this thread will be re-directed cause we're coming baby. Our clock sits easily on the century mark too.

I tend to agree, if your going to come on the thread and make comments like this and tell everyone your boat is going to be at certain events, then put up or shut up. If the boat exhist let's see it, if you are truely building these boats that will be the next class killer, then let's see it, what better place to showcase it than right here. Racers buy race boats, there are plenty of racers on here, hell maybe I'll buy one. I know heater wants back under a lid,

So there ya go, let's see something besides a 525 sitting on the floor.

17. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Glad to see your input Frank, I think we all really appreciate it.

As far as rules to completely eliminate any blatant cheating, I think many of those who race believe that anyone, factory sponsored or not, should be banned for at least one year from winning a national championship or world championship. And they are not eligible for prize money from races for that same amount of time. Much like NCAA schools are banned from post season play or Bowl payouts.

I do not include "Gray" areas in this statement.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

18. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Glad to see your input Frank, I think we all really appreciate it.

As far as rules to completely eliminate any blatant cheating, I think many of those who race believe that anyone, factory sponsored or not, should be banned for at least one year from winning a national championship or world championship. And they are not eligible for prize money from races for that same amount of time. Much like NCAA schools are banned from post season play or Bowl payouts.

19. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar

I don't see were there are grey areas in the rules,
    If you have a stock 525 or Vortec sealed (no work can be done to them other then a certicfied builder listed in the rule book)They can not be touched other then changing oil and plugs.
    A bravo base drive 1;50 gear only
    No mods to the hull inside or out of any kind. (no adding, moving or removing anything).
    No one off props and they must be avilable to all racers.
    Min weight to come out at.

What would be considered a gray area.
    2009 Activator/ Powered by ILMOR
    #540 Boat Responsibly Racing
    Presented by your U.S. Coast Guard

20. Collapse Details

Gino ,,life is a Grey area ,,rules ,laws,,competition,,ect....thats why we have LAWYERS..LOL I understand what your saying ,,,I think our sport is to small to throw out people for a year,, MAYBE, disquailfy for the event ,no prize money ,no points for the event ,,and a factual infraction posted ...ps we don,t have a NO MOD HULL OR DECK RULE ,,,actually we don,t know what our rules are yet ,,!! when they hit print ,,then we will know,,,I just hope NON-INVOLVED don,t influence ,,