Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    I think a smart thing to do would ,,1st get permission ,,then see if someone like Polli could take all the shows ,and build you a promo disk for sponsors ,,built for each boat,,or class ect..he made some great ones before,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

2. Collapse Details

As a fan and viewer--I'm glad that I have TV coverage to watch. So I'm writing in and hope everyone on this forum does the same! Let Versus know that fans are watching!!!!!!!

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    I think a smart thing to do would ,,1st get permission ,,then see if someone like Polli could take all the shows ,and build you a promo disk for sponsors ,,built for each boat,,or class ect..he made some great ones before,,
    My technology is out of date. I can't record the shows at all. I've asked Tampa Digital to sell the DVDs of each show for 20 bucks each. Hopefully they'll have copies available by Christmas.

4. Collapse Details
    Charter Member
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing View Post
    AS a result of the TV, we are already being contacted by potential sponsors. One of which will be signed this week. Nice change from trying to contact them. TV is where the money will come from. Tell everyone you know to turn on the TV. Traction is what we need. Thanks Scotty B.
    That is great news.I told some of my friends that are into other motorsports(NASCAR,IRL,NHRA) to watch the Ocean City,MD race.They now plan on watching the entire OPA series.I thought the production of the show was first class all the way;a great job by Tampa-Digital.The show also focused on exciting side by side racing.The GEICO "Rev It Up" segment is really cool too.Thanks to GEICO and OPA for making this happen.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty B View Post
    The goal of the show is to: 1. Make a show that will be attractive to the general public
    2. Provide a platform for race teams to gain sponsorship
    3. Get everyone on TV
    We have final editing rights for the show and I was not happy with the coverage of the P-Classes. Tampa digital got us the first two shows too late to change but we have made it clear how we feel for the remainder of the shows
    Glad you caught it when you did!

6. Collapse Details

The second show really sucked. They did not even show the results of the other P-Class races. I was dissapointed severly in the covarage. That show is the reason nobody watches offshore racing. They made it boring, and I love racing. The way to grow the sport is by showing it's possible for the little guy to get involved. If they think it's going to take millions of dollars to race you won't attract any new teams.

7. Collapse Details

I didn't see the second show yet, but if I could add anything it would to find a way to show what it is like in the boat. The noise, pounding, g force, not just the SD card shots but something else. It just seems to "easy" on TV.

8. Collapse Details

Darn, Cant find Verses on Dish Network

9. Collapse Details

Its hard to find any kind of boat racing on TV. You'll find once a year drag boat on speed channel, but offshore racing, Very rare! I'm happy for any coverage weather its 50' turbines or 24' Velocitys. Considering these OPA races are sponsored by Geico, well what do you thank there gonna show. Geico thank you for bringing us this coverage. Don

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Donskihp View Post
    Its hard to find any kind of boat racing on TV. You'll find once a year drag boat on speed channel, but offshore racing, Very rare! I'm happy for any coverage weather its 50' turbines or 24' Velocitys. Considering these OPA races are sponsored by Geico, well what do you thank there gonna show. Geico thank you for bringing us this coverage. Don
    Don,

I couldnt agree with you more, in fact when people busted on the Reggie infomercials they had the option to step up themselves and pay for the coverage and they didnt. However, in talking with some of the other sponsored teams in the past few weeks, their sponsors were sold on a "Youtube" video of Scott Colton(from the OPA awards dinner), management of AMF Offshore Racing and Fluid Media, and their sponsors are pissed at this point as the current show hasnt been delivered as promised. It creates a double edged sword, AMF(Miss Geico) SHOULD get the most coverage as they payed for it; on the flip side we as racers get press releases that tv is coming and its time to get sponsors lined up, at this point, the "little guys" have nothing to sell in order to get them.

Once a 2011 schedule is released, then we will be able to get demographical information on that race site and use that to sell, until then, we are just wasting our time. Teams have proven through the years that they were able to get sponsorship w/o even the promise of television, hopefully those teams will fill in the rest of us on some of their tricks, but understand as well why they wouldnt.

This is offshore and no matter what, I am appreciative that our sport is getting any kind of coverage. Hopefully the ratings are good enough to have more sponsors step up and collectively that money is then used to pay for the coverage and then you would see less of the one boat classes and more of the 10 boat class.
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

11. Collapse Details

I think you will see things a little differently as the shows continue. I to was concerned, so I made a few calls to see what happened. Remember, in Sunny Isles the Bracket classes were light on boats due to the travel to Florida. If you notice in the beginning of the show all the talk was about spec racing. That's because those classes were strong. St Clair I am told will be different. Tomorrow is the day.
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

12. Collapse Details

Looking forward to tomorrows race coverage Don

13. Collapse Details

Baby steps I think any coverage is great. Besides I got to look at my big fat head for 30 seconds in the first show. I am now working on a deal to star in the next jack a$$ movie.

LMAO
    TEAM 531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY OFFSHORE RACING
    www.WHOZYOURDADDYRACING.com
    OPA THE JERSEY BOYZ

14. Collapse Details

So is tomarrows show about St. Clair?