Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by poncho View Post
    Still worth watching even though it was more of recap episode! Looked rough from the heli shots. Still just a little comical that "offshore" boats didn't race because of the ocean conditions!!!! Logic does have me going that it wouldn't have been safe though................
    the waves were breaking a mile + offshore. plus any boats that broke down would probably not make it back into the inlet under tow. they would get swamped, and most likely sink.

i think most, if not all the teams were psyched for big big water.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    the waves were breaking a mile + offshore. plus any boats that broke down would probably not make it back into the inlet under tow. they would get swamped, and most likely sink.

i think most, if not all the teams were psyhed for big big water.
    It wouldn't have been safe to race--but still would be cool to see boats running in big big water!!!!

3. Collapse Details

I was in Moorehead NC (SBI Crystal Coast Grand Prix) the same weekend. They also had rough conditions, but nowhere comparable to Atlantic City. Most of the boats running broke down because of bad conditions.

4. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    ???? We raced on the intercoastal in Morehead City, it was not rough at all????
    Ryan Beckley

5. Collapse Details

I was under the impression that was the reason for all the break downs

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    ???? We raced on the intercoastal in Morehead City, it was not rough at all????
    I'll bet if the race was in the ocean, it would have been cancelled as well. The seas down there were bigger than AC.

7. Collapse Details

I forget who and exactly how they said it on the show, it was something like: "the offshore racer in me wants to go out" Than they said why AC was canceled for safety reason's...................... Overall the show has become my favorite hour of television! Its cool that this forum has a lot of people involved with racing--bet though us fans on here are but a hand full of whats is out in the world.

I've been thinking after watching Ice Road Truckers, that a reality show behind the scenes would be a good watch as well! I'm sure others have thought about this and hope someone who can do it, does!!!!!

8. Collapse Details

All I can say is I didnt pay a dime towards any of the TV time and have seen my fat head in 2 interviews and my boat on tv about 10 times. We dont have any real sponsers but I can imagine if I told a buisness they would be on TV for x amount of time for X amount of $$$ and it didnt happen I would be a little upset also. But over all I think the entire show on Versus is a plus for OPA and Offshore racing.

Mike O
    531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY
    TEAM 531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY OFFSHORE RACING
    www.WHOZYOURDADDYRACING.com
    OPA THE JERSEY BOYZ

9. Collapse Details

Missed it yesterday, but have it DVR'd. Gonna' catch up with it tonight.

10. Collapse Details

Who at Versus choose to put boat racing on after the T.O. show? I can't think of a weirder choice than that.

11. Collapse Details

Poncho I'm with you on the reality show. I think thats will be the only way to get none boaters or cruiser boaters to want to watch.

12. Collapse Details

Caught the A.C. show. Although no racing still a good show. Looking forward to this Sunday.

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    Don't forget to watch OPA Racing from Soloman's Island MD this Sunday at 4pm EST.

14. Collapse Details

Registered
    I was there with two divers ready to go out when they canceled, I was concerned about engine trouble in the inlet and with a fountain and the following sea It could come right in over the transon. The divers were dispointed and wanted to go out and see but that never happened. We had a great weekend with a lot of great people and looking foward to next season.
    Rich

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WATCHUS View Post
    I was there with two divers ready to go out when they canceled, I was concerned about engine trouble in the inlet and with a fountain and the following sea It could come right in over the transon. The divers were dispointed and wanted to go out and see but that never happened. We had a great weekend with a lot of great people and looking foward to next season.
    Rich
    It was a tad bit rough.......

Mikey and Teague went out in the CaveMan cig. Bob said it was "Raceable", but there was no way to tow a boat in that broke down. And the Coast Guard said there wass no way to assist a boat that would have had an issue inside where the waves were breaking in the shallower water.

In other words, an upside down boat with a canopy would almost have been left to fend for themselves if they went over within a half mile of shore or so.....

Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

16. Collapse Details

That guy in that Donzi is awesome. Good Shots

17. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoz Your Daddy View Post
    All I can say is I didnt pay a dime towards any of the TV time and have seen my fat head in 2 interviews and my boat on tv about 10 times. We dont have any real sponsers but I can imagine if I told a buisness they would be on TV for x amount of time for X amount of $$$ and it didnt happen I would be a little upset also. But over all I think the entire show on Versus is a plus for OPA and Offshore racing.

Mike O
    531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY
    your boat looked good running.

18. Collapse Details

What do I need to do to get air time with my apache and the sponsorship. It seems likes it's the same boats each week. Do I need to go out a buy a super cat or super vee to get coverage?

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrGaryDC View Post
    What do I need to do to get air time with my apache and the sponsorship. It seems likes it's the same boats each week. Do I need to go out a buy a super cat or super vee to get coverage?
    yup, want did you think? class 5 gets coverage by default, since their the only class with more than a hand of of boats and actually have great racing.

20. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGaryDC View Post

Guess you didnt pay the Vig to Augie
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!