Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

As a boat owner in the bracket classes, I personally would not expect to get any coverage. I'm happy when we do, but I don't expect it.

The benefit to us bracket guys is the sponsors OPA can get to support the series, not individual teams. There are too many boats for the helicopter to
    cover to guarantee coverage of everyone. And they have to show boat to boat racing to build some excitement. Nobody wants to watch a parade.

If OPA can bring in series sponsors based on the TV coverage we will all benefit.

Rich 611
    Rich Smith
    Smith Brothers Offshore Racing Team
    Cotnertrailers.com 611

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    Guess you didnt pay the Vig to Augie
    No Pete, he didn't
    .......Augie Pensa.......

The Godfather

3. Collapse Details

The race from MD was by far the best one I 've seen yet. The mix of the smaller boats and the big boats was very good. I think they should show the best racing no matter which class it comes from. I understand they must show case the prime sponsors, but it was great to see some of the other classes get covered. I think Versus is on the right track now!

4. Collapse Details

Ok, thanks for the info

5. Collapse Details

Whole family has been enjoying watching this with me on the weekends!
    The build up of Wazz Up versus Strictly Business is beginning to get a bit "played"...
    but not as bad as American Chopper or anything.
    If it was the only one episode it wouldn't be bad. But with as many stories as could be told, the same one each week ...?
    That is as fine a nit picking point as I can scrounge up.
    Otherwise for myself, my wife, my near 12 year old son and my 2 and a 1/2 year old daughter to be entertained by one form of motorsports is an accomplishment. Daughter knows "race-boat" now. Son and wife have always liked the sport, but replacing Spongue BOB, Real Wives (or who knows what BS the wife watches), and MTV2's cribs (son), ...Gotta hand to you guys!!!!
    I hope hope hope it keeps coming!!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by northernoffshore View Post
    your boat looked good running.
    Thanks
    TEAM 531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY OFFSHORE RACING
    www.WHOZYOURDADDYRACING.com
    OPA THE JERSEY BOYZ

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    It was a tad bit rough.......

Mikey and Teague went out in the CaveMan cig. Bob said it was "Raceable", but there was no way to tow a boat in that broke down. And the Coast Guard said there wass no way to assist a boat that would have had an issue inside where the waves were breaking in the shallower water.

In other words, an upside down boat with a canopy would almost have been left to fend for themselves if they went over within a half mile of shore or so.....

He's missing a few screws in that picture and not on the Donzi

8. Collapse Details
    Charter Member
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by sbracing View Post
    As a boat owner in the bracket classes, I personally would not expect to get any coverage. I'm happy when we do, but I don't expect it.

The benefit to us bracket guys is the sponsors OPA can get to support the series, not individual teams. There are too many boats for the helicopter to
    cover to guarantee coverage of everyone. And they have to show boat to boat racing to build some excitement. Nobody wants to watch a parade.

If OPA can bring in series sponsors based on the TV coverage we will all benefit.

Rich 611
    I agree with you Rich.Tampa Digital has done a nice job with the production of the shows, and I think that OPA really has something to offer companies interested in sponsoring the series.Thanks again to GEICO and OPA for putting this together.

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    Today's show from Orange Beach was clearly the best show with all classes getting airtime.

Hope you all enjoyed the shows.

For next year, what time slot would you prefer? For me, 10pm on Sunday night would be great.

10. Collapse Details

Yes they did a nice job but they need to cover all the classes more best show so far.
    class 5 and 6 really got left out svl really got covered .
    Im not complaining just making a point for the teams that use tv as a way to get sponsorship we would not look good to our sponsors.

In the lower p classes our racing was as good and as tight as the big guns .
    Needs a little tweeking on a good point i recieved a lot phone calls that liked the show they just wanted to know how come we werent covered since they watched the live internet coverage when it was on.

11. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Just watched the Orange Beach show.

What absolute CRAP coverage!

The announcers do not have a clue.

Very sad.

The lowest ever.

12. Collapse Details

Sorry you didn't enjoy it Pete, I guess we'll have to try harder next year.

The Godfather

13. Collapse Details

Whole family gather around to watch it again yesterday.
    Imagine...
    My 2 and a half year old daughter waking from a nap, sitting on Daddy's lap for an hour long program that wasn't animated characters (loosely speaking, and by definition only)
    She picks up on little things the announcer say, and quotes the racers to her older brother.
    "See Brody, set up for rougher water...." We all got some big smiles and really ENJOYED watching again.
    Saw the "farewell" to John Haggin. Told my son that we will keep our fingers crossed that we get to watch next year.

Great job and THANKS to all involved for providing the awesome entertainment and show!!!!!!

14. Collapse Details

The Shows are getting better every week. Glad they came on after a mortorsport based show. I think the people at Versus are listening to the feedback and making some changes for the better.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rschap1 View Post
    Whole family gather around to watch it again yesterday.
    Imagine...
    My 2 and a half year old daughter waking from a nap, sitting on Daddy's lap for an hour long program that wasn't animated characters (loosely speaking, and by definition only)
    She picks up on little things the announcer say, and quotes the racers to her older brother.
    "See Brody, set up for rougher water...." We all got some big smiles and really ENJOYED watching again.
    Saw the "farewell" to John Haggin. Told my son that we will keep our fingers crossed that we get to watch next year.

Great job and THANKS to all involved for providing the awesome entertainment and show!!!!!!
    Thank You, glad your Family enjoyed the show. We are working hard to bring Verses back to Offshore Powerboat Racing in 2011 for The OPA/JERSEY BOYZ SERIES. Again, Thank You for your comments. Augie

The Godfather

16. Collapse Details

First I want to say I like the show watch it every week, this week I really liked the ride around the course with the announcers. I think that helped the average guy get a feel for what it feels like to ride in our type of boats.

I would like to see more coverage of the smaller classes, the boats like the ones you and I have or could actually own and run, and more behind the scene of every team not just the same four every week. That is why nascar is so popular people can relate the race cars to ones that are acually sitting in there driveway. Not many none go fast boaters let alone none boaters can relate to what there watching so they'll get bored and turn the channel. For sake of keeping it on the air and getting more sponsors involved. you have to get more viewers then us hard core guys. More ratings will eventually bring more sponsors that want to get involved. Reality t.v. is big right now. Look at Jerseyshores dumb show but everyone in America knows who those people are and they do nothing more then get drunk and fight every show. Same with Pawn stars, and Pickers.

17. Collapse Details

I enjoyed watching all of the aired races. I hope next years races will be aired as planned. Airing times really don't make much difference to me because I DVR the shows.