Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Cigarette Update time!
    Today me and the big guy went down to have some fun. yanked the old mills out, and gettin ready for a bilge makeover and of course, new motors.

All i can say is there was some interesting stuff inside that bilge. Tube socks zip tied to the motors, and lots of foreign material in places they shouldnt be I think next time ryan and I tear motors apart and re-assemble at the dock, we should lay off the grey goose. or at least do it during the daytime when its light out. On the plus side, we found a few items we lost that night (or thought we did)

There will be some "Wild Boys Racing" updates done to it this winter too. Fresh coat of white benjamin moore bathroom paint for the bilge, Summit racing decals on the transom, 2" yellow ratchet "torque straps" that will run across both engines, to the outer stringers. We wanna make sure those motors dont pull the bolts right outta the stringers when he holeshots it. As for a new breather system, we are designing a system that will have fittings plumbed into the valve covers, that we will attach ankle socks to via a hose clamp. We think his k&n breathers are too restrictive, and make too much crankcase psi. Nice thing about the ankle socks is they are short, and at idle, they wont catch fire on the headers. The long tube socks are overkill we feel in this application anyhow.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0170.jpg   IMAG0164.jpg   IMAG0166.jpg  

IMAG0165.jpg   IMAG0167.jpg   IMAG0168.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Joe, tell me you're kiddin, right ??? Socks ??? Design a vacuum system ??? Straps over the engines to hold them in place ??? Pullin bolts out of the stringers ??? WOW, you guys sure got some work ahead of yas.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    Joe, tell me you're kiddin, right ??? Socks ??? Design a vacuum system ??? Straps over the engines to hold them in place ??? Pullin bolts out of the stringers ??? WOW, you guys sure got some work ahead of yas.
    ya, just bein a wise a$$ lol

on a more serious note, new engines will be 522Ci Merlin blocks, brodix heads, 8-71 blowers with intercoolers, 10 or 14qt pans, 13 plate coolers, hyd rollers, new ignitions, and some other goodies.

4. Collapse Details

That sounds boring. I like the first post better and would like to see how it would work. I think you might be on to something with this sock thing.

5. Collapse Details

You told me the sock was to filter the oil in the bilge before it got pumped back into the motor !!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post
    You told me the sock was to filter the oil in the bilge before it got pumped back into the motor !!
    True, but that was with our duel wet sump recirculation system we were using.

if the 8-71's fall thru, we have a couple extra attwood bilge blowers we plan to ducttape to the carbs. Once we are on plane, flip a toggle switch, and bingo...we got forced induction. We are going to incorporate a resistor style heater fan switch from a chevy truck. This way we have, 4 different speeds for the blower, which we can control from the helm. Helps save the drives from full boost.

7. Collapse Details

Gotta better idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blower.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Gotta better idea.
    Man, that looks like it would work nicely! Even the air cleaner on the leaf blower looks like it might be USCG approved as a flame arrestor!

9. Collapse Details

Gotta better idea.
    HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING LOOKING UNDER MY HOOD!

10. Collapse Details

With the toggle induction...you can truely be Miami Vice-like and say "Hit it, Zito." Then you definately take down that 50 Cary and get the drugs.

11. Collapse Details

Well as I see it you are going to need at least 1000 HP a side to move that boat to anything over 80 MPH...so stick with your MacGyver set up any you will be fine....LOL

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    With the toggle induction...you can truely be Miami Vice-like and say "Hit it, Zito." Then you definately take down that 50 Cary and get the drugs.
    Thats what we were thinking. We definintly need the orange racing helmets and race suits.

That episode was funny. They were all suited up in that 39ft chris craft stinger with the twin 400's and 60mph!

13. Collapse Details

that was fast back then !!!

14. Collapse Details

Registered
    I thought the sock was so Ryan did not make a mess in his cabin after a long night of playing checkers at the yacht club and having to go back to his boat all by himself...LOL

15. Collapse Details

Ryan and I should race now! Get the paddles!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mke 005.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by specialk View Post
    I thought the sock was so Ryan did not make a mess in his cabin after a long night of playing checkers at the yacht club and having to go back to his boat all by himself...LOL
    I would not bring a black light down in his cabin....

As for checkers, we are thinking of building a permanant checker board table on T-dock, next to his slip. Nothing like a nice cig vs. Fountain race, then take it to the table. Loser in the boat race automatically loses two checkers.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Ryan and I should race now! Get the paddles!
    Bolt on some rear mount minn kota's and let em' rip...

18. Collapse Details

Update...Superchillers and Mooneyham blowers stocked. Next is getting going on engine builds..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails phone pics 319.jpg   phone pics 302.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

note: the first pic is takening in rhino's living room. Gotta love 2 sets of blowers for the
    rooms focal point!

20. Collapse Details

I thought that looked like a couch. haha Ryan you had better stay single or all the toys get to sleep in the barn.