Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

But pretty cool you have to admit.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by John P View Post
    I went and measured mine before I posted so unless 28 on the tape means something else please fill me in on the change.

Lets see swim up between to 2 props that are maybe 20" apart and a then over the tie bar and up the ladder oh there is no ladder on that boat.

Don't get me wrong I think the Arneson is a great drive but I don't think its place is on the family boat. We use the back of our boat way to much to have Arneson's on it and the grand kids playing around them would make me nervous for sure. If I had go fast boat they would be at the top of my list.
    John, you realize that the same propeller goes on the Arneson that goes on the Mercury, BMax, IMCO, etc. etc..

If you have a side by side you are between 34.5 to 36" on centers and this is the same for Arnesons as it is for the other drives I mentioned. I just do not see your fear of a propeller simply because it is mounted on an Arneson.

3. Collapse Details

Rik its just the fact they will stick out 2 feet past the swim platform and with trips it would make the back of my boat none accessible.

Thats funny I have never seen a Bravo 1 4 blade prop used for a surface drive.

34 inch drive space and lets take 7" a side for each prop [bravo style] that leaves 20 inch's between, and I believe you use a 17" dia prop so now we are at 17" between props.

Like I said before if I had a go fast boat the arneson would be at the top of the list for sure it just isn't right for the boat I have now.

4. Collapse Details

My XRs are 12 inches forward the end of swim deck. Plus the props are closer to the transom trimmed in. Not knocking the surface drive, but we use the ladder every time we use the boat. Thats where we hang out when its hot out. Its just not for my BT.

5. Collapse Details

Rik its just the fact they will stick out 2 feet past the swim platform and with trips it would make the back of my boat none accessible.

Thats funny I have never seen a Bravo 1 4 blade prop used for a surface drive.

34 inch drive space and lets take 7" a side for each prop [bravo style] that leaves 20 inch's between, and I believe you use a 17" dia prop so now we are at 17" between props.

Like I said before if I had a go fast boat the arneson would be at the top of the list for sure it just isn't right for the boat I have now.
    You mean a propeller like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails arnesonbravokit.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

You mean to tell me that is the prop of choice for your drive.

Or did you do a little photo shop for a good laugh.

7. Collapse Details

8. Collapse Details

You mean to tell me that is the prop of choice for your drive.

Or did you do a little photo shop for a good laugh.
    John, I am not Bull****ting you, I have both housings that I've made to do either a Bravo propeller or a Speedmaster propeller. Been displayed at the Miami Boat Show for the past 3 years now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03859.JPG   untitled.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    John, I am not Bull****ting you, I have both housings that I've made to do either a Bravo propeller or a Speedmaster propeller. Been displayed at the Miami Boat Show for the past 3 years now.
    those are some big motors in tiny boats.......

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Learn something new everyday, what is the advantage of using the B1 4 blade over a surface drive prop.

I have to wonder how many times the red boat has almost had his drive hit by the guy behind him at the stop light.

11. Collapse Details

Learn something new everyday, what is the advantage of using the B1 4 blade over a surface drive prop.

I have to wonder how many times the red boat has almost had his drive hit by the guy behind him at the stop light.
    Some people are blind enough that they'll even drive into the side of a yellow and red 460 BT!

How have you been since that idiot drove into the side of you? I know you were having some trouble with severe headaches for awhile....

12. Collapse Details

Pretty good Thanks.

Now I can look back and laugh at it some but it just pissed me off for the longest time.
    We are still dealing with the insurance company on that deal we had to get a lawyer and now he is dealing with it.

13. Collapse Details

Pretty good Thanks.

Now I can look back and laugh at it some but it just pissed me off for the longest time.
    We are still dealing with the insurance company on that deal we had to get a lawyer and now he is dealing with it.
    Glad to see that you know first hand that Idiots don't solely target Arnesons

The Bravo propellers work fine for smaller boats, the Maximus works even better and the ideal "Bravo" style propeller would be a bit different but for the larger boats the Speedmaster propellers would be the best by far.

14. Collapse Details

Sax did yall ever consider surface drives on the worlds fastest BLACK THUNDER.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BDARCHER View Post
    Sax did yall ever consider surface drives on the worlds fastest BLACK THUNDER.
    For whatever reason, we chose not to..... Hindsight, we wish we would have chose arnesons. The 6's are stout for sure.... just never dreamed back in 1999/2000 that we'd be making enough power to take gears out.
    Last edited by Coolerman; 11-06-2010 at 03:32 PM.

16. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    For whatever reason, we chose not to..... Hindsight, we wish we would have chose arnesons. The 6's are stout for sure.... just never dreamed back in 1999/2000 that we'd be making enough power to take gears out.
    Specially out of #6's.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

17. Collapse Details

Boys Boys, lets get along, i would say that both drives have there place, as a potential buyer of replacement bravo drives, lets stick to the facts, what is the transom to prop nut dimensions, Arensons have standoff boxes for transmissions (mandatory) on bravos, B-max direct bolt on to Merc Gimbal (is it?) that was a question. What are the dimension from transom to prop nut (end of shaft). I also am a father and grandfather but realistically props extending out behind the boat ??? I would thank that if your at that level of boating that is your last concern! Im sure i will catch some heat over that statement, but get over it. At this point im looking at the best value for the $$$. so far im seeing bravo derivatives as ?????? etc, B-Max has been a good alternative but has had issues, hopefully John will be able to do what no other has been able to. Arenson (RIK) has been able to provide a alternative to the Bravo drive with a twist. If you look at the consumer response the B-Max has had issue's. But there is liitle, if not any, discusion about the Arenson conversions. What has been the results of the Arensons, or they holding up with elevated HP, how is the handling characterists of the Arenson drive, and im not talking at WOT, how is it around the docks, (i boat LOTO and go to bars and resturants and often times im threading inbetween boats to get to a slip) is it user friendly? Anyone out there with actual experience with these drive?

later

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Specially out of #6's.....
    yeah........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boat parts 062.jpg   boat parts 063.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by later View Post
    Boys Boys, lets get along, i would say that both drives have there place, as a potential buyer of replacement bravo drives, lets stick to the facts, what is the transom to prop nut dimensions, Arensons have standoff boxes for transmissions (mandatory) on bravos, B-max direct bolt on to Merc Gimbal (is it?) that was a question. What are the dimension from transom to prop nut (end of shaft). I also am a father and grandfather but realistically props extending out behind the boat ??? I would thank that if your at that level of boating that is your last concern! Im sure i will catch some heat over that statement, but get over it. At this point im looking at the best value for the $$$. so far im seeing bravo derivatives as ?????? etc, B-Max has been a good alternative but has had issues, hopefully John will be able to do what no other has been able to. Arenson (RIK) has been able to provide a alternative to the Bravo drive with a twist. If you look at the consumer response the B-Max has had issue's. But there is liitle, if not any, discusion about the Arenson conversions. What has been the results of the Arensons, or they holding up with elevated HP, how is the handling characterists of the Arenson drive, and im not talking at WOT, how is it around the docks, (i boat LOTO and go to bars and resturants and often times im threading inbetween boats to get to a slip) is it user friendly? Anyone out there with actual experience with these drive?

later
    That is what I have been saying each drive does have its place. But as with everything we as consumers do we push it to the limit and then ask why it broke.
    Yes the Bmax is a direct bolt on replacement.

20. Collapse Details

Good point LATER. Rik how do you think the surface drives will work on a 46 ft 15k top heavy stepped deep vee. From backing in a slip in the wind to crusing in open water. What would be the advantages over the bravo besides the bravo breaking from time to time. Bobby