Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Hull manufacture picked for New Racing Series
    Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Well after working with 3 manufactures since Feb 08, the new 1 engine, 1 hull, 1 drive Series will be the 26 Joker. The boat has been race proven over the years and its latest campained race boat with Tyler C and George running the 26 Joker in OPA, it has proven it would best fit in for the Series.

On the engine package...I have had another manufacture that is showing interest in the Series...and I will hear what they can bring to the table before deciding...they could bring in a lot of options for the Series along with a bigger sponsorship package...along with a number of options for reliable HP.

Once the engine package is signed I will purchase the first hull that is already built, and have it rigged to the templete so interested teams can see it first hand. I have had a number of interested owners that are willing to committ to the Series....the best thing so far is, of the 5 teams, 4 are not currently racing so it will bring old racers back out....

I will be keeping the race boat cost between 48k to 50k.... and with the savings on sponsorships, turn that into the contingency money . We may go to a fully rigged boat or everything rigged other then the eninge and drive, if some teams want to partially rig there own boats.. but we will still cut the whole for the drive to keep all teams at the same X. Once the templete for the X is made and cut, every boat will be at the same height...even in F1 we had teams that were 1/8 higher then others on there X....

Even though a lot of the Series rules and how it will be run are in place...I am still open to any conversations about it.....

1. The Series will be kept simple and inexpensive....
    2. With the only set up that you will be able to do on the race boat is picking 1 of 2 props (a calm water prop and a ruff water prop) and adding weight to a box in the bow, it will come down to the racers in the boat, the boats will have to make a min. weight at the completions of the race.
    3. I'm making the set up minimal so that every team will be at the same speeds and it will really come down to who practices the most and who is the better drivers and throttlemen

Thanks ahead for any input

2. Collapse Details

sounds like it hould make for some close racing. will you have 1 or 2 boats available for lease (like the bat boats) so if there were poker runners etc, thinking of trying racing , they could do a race or 2 to see if they wanted to make the commitment?
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    sounds like it hould make for some close racing. will you have 1 or 2 boats available for lease (like the bat boats) so if there were poker runners etc, thinking of trying racing , they could do a race or 2 to see if they wanted to make the commitment?
    The first 5 or so teams I'm looking to get owners of teams....After the 1st year I may lease my boat out...I'm just racing the 1st year or so to get things started...I will have my hands full with my current race team.

4. Collapse Details

is this for 2009? what schedule/race sites are you gonna run at?

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean H View Post
    is this for 2009? what schedule/race sites are you gonna run at?
    Sean...Im trying to at least get some boats out for 09....even 4 or 5 for the first year and pay the first 4 or 5 teams some good money for investing into the Series....buy the end of the season if we can have 6 or 7 boats that would be a good start....Pop has called me to invite us to Chattannoga, TN for his race at the end of the year....I have had calls to see if I was interested at running at some sites...but I still have not approached any Orgs....I will be doing that this month but I want to have the sponsors locked up so I can lay out what the Series can bring to a race site.....

6. Collapse Details

thats a cool idea. i dont know much about racing, but its always more fun when the competition is extremely close!

7. Collapse Details

Another thing that has been secured in the price of the boat...it will come with a onboard camera with a DVR and will be mounted on all boats in the same place, you will be required to turn in the SP card after every race to be downloaded for a show, but will be returned to you at the next race. These DVRs come with a plug that gose into your tv and you can play it back on your TV or download it.....It also comes with a Pelican box which all will be mounted in the same spot...

8. Collapse Details

Great idea for racing. Hopefully some new racers and some CLOSE racing

9. Collapse Details

Gino:

You have our full support! We're looking forward to this series. If anybody has any questions on the 26 Joker hull , please feel free to give us a call. Better yet call Tyler Crockett and he will tell you what a safe , great running boat we build. All pricing , rigging , etc please contact Gino direct. We'll be offering a cash contingency for the series winner. Gino is putting together something that we have a great passion for , deck to deck racing w/ equal power and hull! My hat is off to you Gino!

Brian Hollis
    www.JokerPerformanceBoats.com
    70-560-3747
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 26 in shop.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

My hat is off to you guys for trying this. Best of luck to you. When I was racing F-2 several years ago, and Pro-Stock many years before that, this was our hope: to equalize the performance of the boats so that it came down to the talent in the boat and the set-up, NOT the wallets! This is the only way to create the deck-to-deck racing that will make a race interesting to the fans.

Good luck! Makes me want to "unretire".

Tom Caruso
    Total Marine

11. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Great news guys.

Brian do you have some pix you share?

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Great news guys.

Brian do you have some pix you share?
    Tyler has a ton of his boat. Look on the thread he has his boat for sale.

13. Collapse Details

I love it!!!! I wish you guys all the luck in the world and look forward to seeing it all happen. YA!!!!!!!!

14. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Gino,
    Congrats on the new series. If you need anything just give me a call.
    Hot Licks Racing 371, seriousoffshore.com where everyone is an expert.

15. Collapse Details

Gino,
    Great job and I'm here if I can help also. This should be great for guy's that want to race but don't have the big bucks.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    Gino:

You have our full support! We're looking forward to this series. If anybody has any questions on the 26 Joker hull , please feel free to give us a call. Better yet call Tyler Crockett and he will tell you what a safe , great running boat we build. All pricing , rigging , etc please contact Gino direct. We'll be offering a cash contingency for the series winner. Gino is putting together something that we have a great passion for , deck to deck racing w/ equal power and hull! My hat is off to you Gino!

Brian Hollis
    www.JokerPerformanceBoats.com
    70-560-3747
    Brian....Thanks for helping out....I think your boat will fit in perfectly for the Series....its proven...its safe....and its built by a racer.....looking foward to getting into the 1st one...

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TGC-32 View Post
    My hat is off to you guys for trying this. Best of luck to you. When I was racing F-2 several years ago, and Pro-Stock many years before that, this was our hope: to equalize the performance of the boats so that it came down to the talent in the boat and the set-up, NOT the wallets! This is the only way to create the deck-to-deck racing that will make a race interesting to the fans.

Good luck! Makes me want to "unretire".

Tom Caruso
    Total Marine
    Tom....it would be great to have you back out with us....

18. Collapse Details

Gino:

Keep pushing. I love the idea of basically a IROC Series on water. Identical hulls , rigging , etc. We can't wait and we'll supoort you and your customers 100%.

19. Collapse Details

Well....I just got off the phone with our leader of OPA....As far as race sites go, Smitty said he is behind us....there may be some ocean races we will not be able to due, but with the C.G. behind us we will have a lot of backing and may be able to works things out as they come along...even if we do 6 to 7 races in the first couple of years...it will be a great start....

Thank you OPA for supporting us and our sport.....

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by scottc View Post
    Gino,
    Great job and I'm here if I can help also. This should be great for guy's that want to race but don't have the big bucks.
    I don't see this as a low budget or starter class, I see it as show your skills
    class, if this thing takes off it would be great to see racers from all levels
    of racing from Class 6 to Supercat, like the IROC series, especially if it
    races on Saturday.

Eddie