Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fastedy View Post
    5- Eddie Simmons, strong possibility
    Thanks for posting Eddie....I'll call you in a few days..I wanted to get your input on some rigging idea's

1- Gino Marronne
    2- Brian Hollis
    3-
    4-
    5-Eddie Simmons (strong possibility)
    6-
    7-
    9-
    10-

2. Collapse Details

The really great part about this is the money it costs to get into it.....50,000 grand is not a lot of money a couple of guys can split the cost and it would be no more than buying a new pickup truck.....Split the costs for the room and fuel and have a good time all weekend......Man this idea rocks i have to find a buddy with some money and pull the trigger....You could even build yourself a spare kick ass poker run motor and have the boat as a dual purpose machine....
    Still searching for the ultimate old school project....

3. Collapse Details

NoCig- better option is one person buy the boat with a buddy committed to toss in some $$ toward what it takes to race. Then split the winnings whatever percentages you figure out.

If you mix friends and money, be prepared to lose one of them...

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nocigarette View Post
    The really great part about this is the money it costs to get into it.....50,000 grand is not a lot of money a couple of guys can split the cost and it would be no more than buying a new pickup truck.....Split the costs for the room and fuel and have a good time all weekend......Man this idea rocks i have to find a buddy with some money and pull the trigger....You could even build yourself a spare kick ass poker run motor and have the boat as a dual purpose machine....

Plus with the boat that will only weight around 4000 lbs you can tow it with just about anything
    Plus Contingency money at each race...

We already have a $5k prise purse for the end of the year with 5 boats put up by Joker Powerboats.

It looks like we will have the Coast Guard also tied into the Series...I had a good talk with them again today.

I will work with every company I can find...even if its to get them to sponsor hoses, wires, fasteners, nuts and bolts for every boat in the Series....

Even down to the offical spark plug of the Series, so we don't have to pay for them for the whole year....

I'm almost finished with the whole rigging sheet and will send it to a number of riggers and boat builders that have rigged these types of race boats and look it over and see what I have missed, Once I have the full list completed I can brake it down to see how much we can get sponsored.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    NoCig- better option is one person buy the boat with a buddy committed to toss in some $$ toward what it takes to race. Then split the winnings whatever percentages you figure out.

If you mix friends and money, be prepared to lose one of them...
    Thats what Mark K and I did when we raced F1....he handled the boat...i got the sponsorships to pay the bills and we split the prise money....

6. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Gino,
    Do you need a throttle man for your boat?
    Hot Licks Racing 371, seriousoffshore.com where everyone is an expert.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyB View Post
    Gino,
    Do you need a throttle man for your boat?
    Yoda....you need to rest....you will still need to sit on 2 phone books to see over the dash....

8. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Yoda....you need to rest....you will still need to sit on 2 phone books to see over the dash....
    I will be rested by then. And i might need 3 phonebooks to see over the dash.
    Hot Licks Racing 371, seriousoffshore.com where everyone is an expert.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyB View Post
    I will be rested by then. And i might need 3 phonebooks to see over the dash.
    I would have tought Joe would want to get in one with you...

10. Collapse Details

Yes we are in! We also committed $5000.00 to the year ending points champion. If Gino can pull this off it will be great deck to deck , safe , budget offshore racing. Gino needs everybody's support and I would think atleast 3 more teams. Keep pushing Gino!

11. Collapse Details

Thanks Brian for being apart of it.....

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Thanks Brian for being apart of it.....
    You know how much this spec racing stuff means to me. I lived it and breathed it for 3 years. You've taken it to a new level now w/ the IROC Concept.
    Just don't let up Gino and never doubt yourself. I've watched you since 2000 race , race and somehow keep racing. You've proved yourself to me. Get r done!

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor RACESDAD's Avatar
    Do i get a free one? Dad and i would have fun, maybe the new gf in it.
    Mike

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    This is what I do - sourcing and procurement.
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    when you get down to the bottom line, thats a pirates job description,... AARRGGGGHHHHH!!
    Aye.
    It must be in my blood.
    Rape and pillage.
    I guess it's just a nicer way of saying it.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nocigarette View Post
    Once I figure out where I'm gonna land geographically we may need to talk
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RACESDAD View Post
    Do i get a free one? Dad and i would have fun, maybe the new gf in it.
    Mike
    Mike....You know to have you and your dad would be a honor to run with us...you have a long great history of racing....and if your one of the 1st 5 teams I would make it worth your investement to the Series.....

17. Collapse Details

Hey Gino,
    I think what you are doing with this spec series is fantastic. If people would leave their egos behind and look at racing, the important part is the racing, not the fancy trucks and who can go 180mph. The thrill is the
    deck to deck stuff.
    Pete and I would be first in line if we were entering the sport right now as I think you have something that will really be fun. Unfortunately, we already have an investment in our current rig, so we will have to watch
    from class 6.
    Let us know if we can help in any way.

Regards & Merry Christmas,
    Rich Smith
    Cotnertrailers.com 611
    Rich Smith
    Smith Brothers Offshore Racing Team
    Cotnertrailers.com 611

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sbracing View Post
    Hey Gino,
    I think what you are doing with this spec series is fantastic. If people would leave their egos behind and look at racing, the important part is the racing, not the fancy trucks and who can go 180mph. The thrill is the
    deck to deck stuff.
    Pete and I would be first in line if we were entering the sport right now as I think you have something that will really be fun. Unfortunately, we already have an investment in our current rig, so we will have to watch
    from class 6.

Rich Smith
    Cotnertrailers.com 611
    Rich....thanks for the kind words and support....you guys have a great racing program and are doing a great job in Class 6

19. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbracing View Post
    Hey Gino,
    deck to deck stuff.
    from class 6.

Rich Smith
    Cotnertrailers.com 611
    Rich,
    I totally agree with you that our sport should be focused on the racing;and not the ego driven "show" that some people think deserves recognition.This is what is so applealing about this new class that Gino is developing...its all about the racing!I look forward to seeing you and Pete at the OPA meeting.

Mark

20. Collapse Details

No reason you can't have both racing and a show. IMHO I don't think either can survive without the other. There is already a show- add in some spec racing to improve on that.

You have to commend the "big boys" for all that they do; not ostracize them for being able to do it. The guy going in this spec class can't do what the big boys do- money or time wise. Most in this class can't travel across the country doing charity, going to hospitals to see sick kids, setting records from city to city, etc. Joe Six-pack (or plumber) wants to see the flashy big boys- and so do I.

I love "racing"- deck to deck, same setup where skill, testing and training determine the winner.

I love the "show"- big top tents, 20 vehicles rolling in like the circus coming to town, flashily trucks/boats/cars/chicks, shirts/hats/posters for sale/freebies, fan involvement and the like.

Adding this class will be awesome and I can't want to see it happen. The ones that want this the most already attend the races; you have to get the non-boaters involved and interested which is what the big boys bring.

Sponsors want ROI. Get more people there, then more people see their product which gets more coverage which gets even more people involved and on down the line. Then comes TV and sponsorships which leads the racers in to being able to race full time. Now they are professional racers and have the time and money to make record runs, see sick kids, do charity, do poster signings which gets more coverage. Make it happen and it can evolve in to a self supporting sport.

I can tell you this is one of the best idea's I've heard in a long time. If it were to get on it's feet and knew it were going to last more people (myself included) would want to "invest" in a race boat. I can't afford to have the rules changed every few years but if it were a spec class and my boat would be competitive for a decade that would be a different story.