Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
  1. Collapse Details

Sorry it didnt work out. I never thought it would. I dont see any one parting with 50k in these tough economic times. Especially, taking a risk on something that may or may not take off. And when it doesnt, those who invested, are stuck with a class 6 boat for 50k.

Nice try though. You gave it a shot.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    Sorry it didnt work out. I never thought it would. I dont see any one parting with 50k in these tough economic times. Especially, taking a risk on something that may or may not take off. And when it doesnt, those who invested, are stuck with a class 6 boat for 50k.

Nice try though. You gave it a shot.
    I don't know if i would give up on this that easy.....I think 50 grand is a drop in the bucket compared to what most guys spend a year on there equip alone...Keep plugging gino.....
    Still searching for the ultimate old school project....

3. Collapse Details

I just think, with the state racing is in today, it is alot easier (and cheaper) for someone to go out and buy, say a used F-1 boat in good shape. Screamin Eagle or Typhoon come to mind. For less than 50k. And have just as much fun and excitement of competition in class 5 with a reliable motor. For 60k they could jump in a used SVL. Its just bad timing. Class 5 has been growing for the last couple years. Ok, its bracket racing, I get it. But the adrenaline rush is the same. Who cares?

4. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    I just think, with the state racing is in today, it is alot easier (and cheaper) for someone to go out and buy, say a used F-1 boat in good shape. Screamin Eagle or Typhoon come to mind. For less than 50k. And have just as much fun and excitement of competition in class 5 with a reliable motor. For 60k they could jump in a used SVL. Its just bad timing. Class 5 has been growing for the last couple years. Ok, its bracket racing, I get it. But the adrenaline rush is the same. Who cares?
    Bruce thats a good point....but I figured with the 50k boats being new...and geting the contingcey money back...after the first year of racing you would have only around 42k in the boat and with prize money to keep them afloat....

I was asked to still give it a go at the 58k....but I agree with you...at 58k you start getting into the th price of a class 5 boat....

I'm still not done with this project....I really feel it will work....and I have 4 to 5 guys that are really interested in it.....I just could nto get into Mercury on the drive/gimble help...also the cost of a good sterring system and tabs were lot of the cost....I'm hoping a company will see this and take a chance with us and help us out.....I still think a 50k race boat new with contingency money is a good idea....I just need a little help from some venders....I have a few options to go with and I'm visiting them now....but in the mean time...I need a boat to race in Class 5.....

I will put this Series together.....I have to many things in place to make this work....I just thought in some tough times some venders would see the light of it.....

I'm not throwing in the towel.....I just need a little help......

5. Collapse Details

Gino:

I applaud your efforts. I know how tough it is to get the committment from racers. If you still need a boat I will make you a deal on the new 26 I have sitting here. Call me.

6. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Thanks Brian....and its no over.....I'm looking at picking up a cheap boat just to run in Class 5 now...Dougs Activator is looking good at this point...and Jimmys 09 27 Activator....I don't have time to rig a new boat and be able to start racing...I will keep intouch though....and thanks for all the help...

Gino

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Thanks Brian....and its no over.....I'm looking at picking up a cheap boat just to run in Class 5 now...Dougs Activator is looking good at this point...and Jimmys 09 27 Activator....I don't have time to rig a new boat and be able to start racing...I will keep intouch though....and thanks for all the help...

Gino
    Where did Gino wander off to?

8. Collapse Details

9. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean H View Post
    Where did Gino wander off to?
    ??? really where did ya go gino ? I think in a year or so youre idea will work .
    Going by the way SVL took off back (before the boycott )there is a definite interest in race boats under the 100,000,00 mark .

I hope you keep it on the table , good luck .

10. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    CG members in Point this year asked me about him.

I put in a good word for him and the promotional stuff he had been doing for the Coast Guard.

I just couldn't answer as to why he wasn't at the race because I just didn't know.

Hopefully he will surface in Key West.

Even if it is bar stool racing....