Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    I just got off the phone with the engine manufacture and we have a meeting on Friday afternoon....I hope it will be for the final contract....I will keep everyone informed on how it gose.....

2. Collapse Details

Good Luck!

3. Collapse Details

Get r done Gino. We have a 26 hull and deck sitting here!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nocigarette View Post
    I have to agree with ya on the engine builder thing.....It is real important to have the right trusted guy putting the motors together....This series should really take off and i am anxious to see how big it will get..(the sky is the limit)....finally a affordable way to compete on a equal playing field...
    Gino could not find a better builder than Tyler Crockett. Long-time racer who wants to see Offshore racing grow.

I'm just glad that OSS has seen fit to bring in an open cockpit "seed" class as it were. That's how Papa Dukes got started, and I predict we will see many more success stories as a result of Gino's hard work and vision.

5. Collapse Details

There are a lot of good,trusted engine builders out their...I would not want to be in gino's shoes....It would be a real easy decision for me not so much for gino.....Deck to deck even keel racing....Cant wait...
    Still searching for the ultimate old school project....

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catmando View Post
    Gino could not find a better builder than Tyler Crockett. Long-time racer who wants to see Offshore racing grow.

I'm just glad that OSS has seen fit to bring in an open cockpit "seed" class as it were. That's how Papa Dukes got started, and I predict we will see many more success stories as a result of Gino's hard work and vision.
    Tyler is one of the best..and I know he would do a great job as the builder....and he has done some work on my boat....and dose great work....He was one of the guys I wanted onboad....but the guy I went with is currently doing exactly what we will be doing in a road Series with the same engine...so they know this engine inside and out...plus I would love to have Tyler racing in our Series with George....and having him race with us and to be the builder could be a conflict of interest....

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nocigarette View Post
    There are a lot of good,trusted engine builders out their...I would not want to be in gino's shoes....It would be a real easy decision for me not so much for gino.....Deck to deck even keel racing....Cant wait...
    I here ya....and I have been told your nuts trying to start a new Series like this in this economy.....plus I'm leaving my 12 year job here to move and do this racing thing full time....I will be running a Class 5 boat and a Class 2 boat...and run the New Series (and run the 1st Joker boat till the Series takes off)....my girlfreind said I will end up working more hours then I do know...and the whole idea of leaving my job and race was to work less hours and travel....she might devorce me before we even get married....but I'm going to give it one shoot....The success on the new Series will really come down to Sponsorships....It looks like we should be done on the engine manufactures sponsorship on Friday....but I have not seen the final numbers from them but it will have to be a good number for this to work....plus the rigging parts.....that has been the biggest battle....getting companys to sell there parts at a good discount to get the numbers to work to a Series that has not even started....I have learned one thing....pricing out parts to rig a boat....its not as cheap as many of us would have thought it would be....even with discounts....but I will keep pluggin....I already have over a year invested in time and money...so there is no turning back now....

8. Collapse Details

You're tenacious Gino and that's what it will take. The further you move forward the more you just prove yourself. Keep it up and let me know when you need us.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    You're tenacious Gino and that's what it will take. The further you move forward the more you just prove yourself. Keep it up and let me know when you need us.
    Thanks Brian....I will be seeing if Tyler can get some info for me on the rigging sheet....

10. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    I have learned one thing....pricing out parts to rig a boat....its not as cheap as many of us would have thought it would be.
    Yeah, it's always been that way Gino.

When you get right down to it, the boat itself is the least expensive part...

Whether it be a Joker or a Skater, the rigging and power is where most of the money is spent...

Good luck with this project !

I hope it works out well.

It will certainly give me something else to shoot for !

11. Collapse Details

Well just an update on our meeting....after a 1 1/2 hour meeting..with a lot of numbers being put out there....we are still not were we need to be...they have given me an option were the more motors I buy up front the more money they will put in...which I think is fare....but...buying 20 motors up front will be a big investment...I can use 3 or 4 motors for myself and can buy another 3 or 4 for the next boats....but we are currently working on a 10 motor purchase up front with a higher contingency payout that will go threw the 2010 season.....Tyler has the rigging list and I'm waiting to see what he comes up with....if we can save some more money on parts....then we could still make this work...the other options are to go with not big name parts ie: gauges,batery box's, seats, ect. We will be running the HP gimble and a XR...I am looking at the possiblity of going with IMCO on there gimble and steering package....I can get some manufactures to sponsor some free parts which is good for the 1st few boats and keeps the cost down...but I'm looking at the numbers after that...and the numbers are going up another 7k+....but I'm still working on it...any input is welcome....we have some good stuff already sponsored which is helping out....but I have seen why there are not to many boat manufactures that are selling boats for 50k new....I'm going to talk to Tyler in th enext few days and see what he thinks....

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    I have seen why there are not to many boat manufactures that are selling boats for 50k new....I'm going to talk to Tyler in th enext few days and see what he thinks....
    Well DUH!!!!

Cmon Gino...your loaded. Im sure you can afford 20 motors. Keep up the good work....We are looking forward to the inaugural race.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    Well DUH!!!!

Cmon Gino...your loaded. Im sure you can afford 20 motors. Keep up the good work....We are looking forward to the inaugural race.
    Well...I went into this with the mine set....I will put up 80K of my own money....plus sponsorships money.....after building my boat which would run me around 40 to 45k it would leave me with about 35k...well....now add 19 more motors plus having a few sent to have them converted to marine application....and have money set aside to begin to have another hull started so we can keep the hulls being built....that woudl be unreasonalbe....but 10 is a strong number of motors to buy up front....but that is what I am willing to do...becasue I can put 2 in the Dragon and another in my Class 5 boat...so I can use 4 right off the bat...and I have summitted that I will purchase 10 more by the end of 2010...so I have given them a good committment...with a sponsorship number for me for 2009 and another check in the begining of 2010. This way we will have sponsorship money threw the 2010 Season....I have a good relationship with the engine manufacture guys....so I think we will work it out...if I can offset some of the sponsorship monies to the rigging equipment that will also work with the numbers I have right now......the Rep said he will call me next week...and we will know exactly know what the final figures will be and I will post what the race boat will cost....if the interested teams think they are still good with that number....then will make it a go.....

14. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=SVL66;156442]Well DUH!!!!

Cmon Gino...your loaded.

I forgot to tell ya....I'm getting married.....what the hell is up with the price of rings......thats a boat right there.....

15. Collapse Details

Very generious of you to get your dream up and running!

Awesome idea and I plan on supporting it if it gets off the ground...er....or water I mean I guess.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post

Awesome idea and I plan on supporting it if it gets off the ground...er....or water I mean I guess.
    Thanks Mark.....it will get off the ground....just needs some tweeking....

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post

Unfortunately, thats the problem. Everyone is sitting back watching to see if it takes off before they pull the trigger on a $50K boat. You need 10 people willing to take the risk. Not too many people feel comfy taking a 50k risk these days. Im sure they are perfectly content with their P-5 boats.

Maybe you should try and get a bank on board for financing. I know that will be a tough sell.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    Unfortunately, thats the problem. Everyone is sitting back watching to see if it takes off before they pull the trigger on a $50K boat. You need 10 people willing to take the risk. Not too many people feel comfy taking a 50k risk these days. Im sure they are perfectly content with their P-5 boats.

Maybe you should try and get a bank on board for financing. I know that will be a tough sell.
    I have a secondary bank on board....but higher interest rates....but I have alot of conections with banks....but like anything today you will need a large downpayment....and your debt to income has to be inline....

19. Collapse Details

ps- my support was in the way of buying shirts and coming to races. I can't afford to be a boat racer even at "only" $50K unless I quit drinking which ani't going to happen.

20. Collapse Details

tarzan
    nice work