1. Collapse Details
    How many Boat Manufacturers Are Out Of Business?
    Question
    We all know the economy is really bad. I was wondering the question about how many boat manufacturers are out of business or on their way out? It's really sad to see this happening.

I ask because I was in Lake Havasu City, AZ this past weekend. Most of the manufacturers had little to know boats on thier lots- however, Magic Powerboats/Sleek Craft Powerboats had over 100 boats built on their lot and covered. I believe they all had no power. I was really wondering what's going on with them. Anyone have some updates?

2. Collapse Details

Does anyone have any info?

3. Collapse Details

Gerard, better be careful asking about companies going out of business...People get all butt hurt when others try to confirm or deny roomers or observations.
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

4. Collapse Details

registered
    No, confirming a rumor (at which point, it's no longer a rumor), or denying one is A.O.K.

People get butt hurt when folks spread rumors (unmitigated and unsubstantiated information).
    Let's remember that tall tales can really hurt business.

Semper's question if perfectly okay - it's an innocent question to a genuine observation.
    Let's just remember to keep the forthcoming posts factual.

5. Collapse Details

Thanks for the responses Tank and CigDaze....I just want to confirm that I'm asking about rock-solid info, not rumors here. I really found it puzzling that Magic/Sleek had so many boats built on their lot with covers on them with no power. There was over 100 boats!! It was incredible. I do hope they make it.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CigDaze View Post
    No, confirming a rumor (at which point, it's no longer a rumor), or denying one is A.O.K.

People get butt hurt when folks spread rumors (unmitigated and unsubstantiated information).
    Let's remember that tall tales can really hurt business.

Semper's question if perfectly okay - it's an innocent question to a genuine observation.
    Let's just remember to keep the forthcoming posts factual.

Agreed 100%.... I just took some of the other threads on this topic to be kind've BS. I'm sure I haven't read all comments and tails about who's doing what but I've seen a couple threads on various boards like, "Hey, I heard so and so is going out of business. Anyone confirm or deny this?"

Now, hopefully someone in the know would pipe up (as they have several times) and say, "no, not true, alive and kicking", in which case it can actually help business.

Or, someone could come on a say, "the rumors are not exactly true but...." Or "Yes, the rumors are true, I work there, I know...." Etc....

And in the end, really, it's none of our (99% of the peoples) business...Since we wont be affected by any of it. It's that 1% that are getting ready to buy or maybe just bought or will have some sort of problem if said company goes under.

However, I think most (me included) are just curious as to what's going on in the community that is performance boating. The passion and sport we are all addicted too. Happy when we can talk about all the good that happens and sad when we talk about bad that happens. Either way, it's conversation on boards such as this, about topics that involve our sport that is the reason we're on here.

and again, I'm not condoning anyone coming on here (or anywhere else) and spreading vicious rumors that are un-true. I completely understand the negative repercussions of such rumors and even rumors that are truth have a double-edged sword effect. My whole point I guess; is that you can't blame people for being interested/curious/nosey/etc. about what's going on in the inner circles of our sport.

my .02
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

7. Collapse Details

What...no cabin?? Nice boat take vids on the shakedown cruise.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catmando View Post
    What...no cabin?? Nice boat take vids on the shakedown cruise.
    17 ft of cabin

9. Collapse Details

If Magic was in any trouble I am sure he could take out a small loan from his brother who owns Swift Trucking and Swift Aviation, they are a little company that did 2.5 billion in sales 2 years ago.

10. Collapse Details
    registered
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Agreed 100%.... I just took some of the other threads on this topic to be kind've BS. I'm sure I haven't read all comments and tails about who's doing what but I've seen a couple threads on various boards like, "Hey, I heard so and so is going out of business. Anyone confirm or deny this?"

Now, hopefully someone in the know would pipe up (as they have several times) and say, "no, not true, alive and kicking", in which case it can actually help business.

Or, someone could come on a say, "the rumors are not exactly true but...." Or "Yes, the rumors are true, I work there, I know...." Etc....

And in the end, really, it's none of our (99% of the peoples) business...Since we wont be affected by any of it. It's that 1% that are getting ready to buy or maybe just bought or will have some sort of problem if said company goes under.

However, I think most (me included) are just curious as to what's going on in the community that is performance boating. The passion and sport we are all addicted too. Happy when we can talk about all the good that happens and sad when we talk about bad that happens. Either way, it's conversation on boards such as this, about topics that involve our sport that is the reason we're on here.

and again, I'm not condoning anyone coming on here (or anywhere else) and spreading vicious rumors that are un-true. I completely understand the negative repercussions of such rumors and even rumors that are truth have a double-edged sword effect. My whole point I guess; is that you can't blame people for being interested/curious/nosey/etc. about what's going on in the inner circles of our sport.

my .02
    Right on.

11. Collapse Details

why would Sleek build 100 boats without power?

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    why would Sleek build 100 boats without power?
    Maybe a dealer network say 5 boats each to 20 dealers hopefully this or something like it is the case.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

13. Collapse Details

It was very quiet in sarasota along the manufacturers row there in sept. I'm sure all the major players will be able to ride it out. Chris craft and genmar lots were pretty quiet from what I saw. Usually bustling with activity.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MetalBrosRacing View Post
    If Magic was in any trouble I am sure he could take out a small loan from his brother who owns Swift Trucking and Swift Aviation, they are a little company that did 2.5 billion in sales 2 years ago.
    Yea the coat companies backed by trucking companies seem to have stability!