Thread: Winter Projects

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    nice!! Care to share your testing experience with the shorties?? Are you joining the rooster tail club now?
    The accelartion before I felt was pretty good but it felt stronger with the shorties. It throws a little bit of a rooster now under accelaration but nowhere near what you guy's throw.

Speaking of roosters you ought to see Whacka's rooster now that we installed the jack plates!

2. Collapse Details

I don't know why I didn't put these on years ago. They completely got rid of my porpoise from 70mph - 85mph. The entire boat rides and handles better.
    I am about 2" above the bottom now and still had good water pressure. I need to go out and test out some other heights to see if can get anymore improvement. Rooster tails look cool too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jackplate.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Whackas View Post
    I don't know why I didn't put these on years ago. They completely got rid of my porpoise from 70mph - 85mph. The entire boat rides and handles better.
    I am about 2" above the bottom now and still had good water pressure. I need to go out and test out some other heights to see if can get anymore improvement. Rooster tails look cool too.
    HELL YA. Awesome!

4. Collapse Details

Bryce is going to be mad you took off the LSR stickers....LOL

5. Collapse Details

You pick up any speed???

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    The accelartion before I felt was pretty good but it felt stronger with the shorties. It throws a little bit of a rooster now under accelaration but nowhere near what you guy's throw.

Speaking of roosters you ought to see Whacka's rooster now that we installed the jack plates!
    Nice at that speeds that puts you towards the top of the pack!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    You pick up any speed???
    The battery is my GPS receiver has been going dead so it has not been reading right all summer. So, I do not know for sure, but I was spinning my
    32's right at 6000, so it has to be faster than my 28's at 6100.

It is funny how that battery going dead affects the speed readings. I can be running wide open and the speedo reads 50mph then back off the throttles and all the sudden I am going 75mph. I am going to go pick up a hand held this weekend to use.

8. Collapse Details

The battery is my GPS receiver has been going dead so it has not been reading right all summer. So, I do not know for sure, but I was spinning my
    32's right at 6000, so it has to be faster than my 28's at 6100.

It is funny how that battery going dead affects the speed readings. I can be running wide open and the speedo reads 50mph then back off the throttles and all the sudden I am going 75mph. I am going to go pick up a hand held this weekend to use.
    Before you invest in a new reciever for your gps, which are not cheap, consider purchasing a GPS unit that has a NMEA output option. You can use that to supply the signal to your GPS speedo. Thats how mine is wired. One antenna for my chartplotter, than the output side of the chartplotter sends the signal to my speedo. Plus you get a GPS unit. So, I actually have a GPS reading on the chartplotter, and the dash speedo. Now only if they would read about 10mph faster i'd be happy.

9. Collapse Details

Here is the one I have on ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GARMI...item1c1e432598