Thread: Winter Projects

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Winter Projects
    I thought it would be fun to start a thread showing pics. and progress being made on projects you may be completing on the boats this Winter. Myself, my friend Bryce and WETTE VETTE pulled my engines about 4 weeks ago. My main goals were to do some rerigging and get the engines and bilge cleaned up as well as install new MSD Ignition etc. The bilge is all finished up, blocks have been painted and brackets etc. have been cleaned up and painted. Here are some pics. of my progress so far....

Hey Twin Whackas....I need a supervisor on this project....can you help me?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bilge 1.jpg   Bilge 2.jpg   Bilge 3.jpg  

Paint 1.jpg   Paint 2.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Looks good!

3. Collapse Details

Cool, looking good. Hard to tell by the pics, but if it wasnt done, now is a good time to resin up those holes in the transom for the exhaust cutouts. You have full length tailpipes or standard wet style?

Some of my offseason plans include getting cockpit carpet made, new padding for the edges of my fairing, re-doing the lights in the cabin, and new dash panel, steering wheel, and a little tidying up on some bilge wiring/hoses, etc.

4. Collapse Details

I plan on alot of beer drinking and snowmobile riding!

5. Collapse Details

Hey Mike When did you get the quad? Dang son you have all the toys!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Cool, looking good. Hard to tell by the pics, but if it wasnt done, now is a good time to resin up those holes in the transom for the exhaust cutouts. You have full length tailpipes or standard wet style?

Some of my offseason plans include getting cockpit carpet made, new padding for the edges of my fairing, re-doing the lights in the cabin, and new dash panel, steering wheel, and a little tidying up on some bilge wiring/hoses, etc.
    Joe...gimme a call...I have Harvey's number and he can set you up with the carpet. I also have a hookup where I can get the cheap dashboards from the place Fountain gets them...like 1/2 the price the factory charges. I'm assuming you are going LED for the cabin lights...DO IT. There's an old thread on OSO in the Fountain section about where to get them and what part number you need.

As for me...my boat is heading to Jenison in an hour or so.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    That quad is the new PWHO and is a bad mofo!!

8. Collapse Details

Yeah Joe....that is one of my only gripes with Sunsation is that they do not gel or resin the exhaust cutouts as my 288 was not either. I will be doing that before installing the new tips....they are standard wet style.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    That is Taylor's power wheels that we picked up at a garage sale.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    That is Taylor's power wheels that we picked up at a garage sale.
    Looks bigger than a power wheel

11. Collapse Details

Hey Twin Whackas....I need a supervisor on this project....can you help me? [/QUOTE]

I am always up for some good supervising. As for my winter projects this year....hmmmm...nothing like always.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    Yeah Joe....that is one of my only gripes with Sunsation is that they do not gel or resin the exhaust cutouts as my 288 was not either. I will be doing that before installing the new tips....they are standard wet style.
    Did you go with all new gauges? I think we have the same gauges, the white gaffrig ones with the warning lights built in?

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Joe...gimme a call...I have Harvey's number and he can set you up with the carpet. I also have a hookup where I can get the cheap dashboards from the place Fountain gets them...like 1/2 the price the factory charges. I'm assuming you are going LED for the cabin lights...DO IT. There's an old thread on OSO in the Fountain section about where to get them and what part number you need.

As for me...my boat is heading to Jenison in an hour or so.
    Half price sounds delicious. I found the place you told me about online. Im gonna call them this week.

Prob gonna order the venturi wind deflector and Fairing upholstery trim pieces directly from Fountain. Might need harvey to sew a pocket in for the venturi on my cockpit cover.

Strange thing. All my mood rope lighting wasnt working this summer. Was down there today by the boat, turned batteries on, and voila! They are all working now! Even the ones in the ceiling. Still may do the LED thing, cuz them incandescent rope lights draw quite a bit of power. Goal is to replace every bulb in the boat with LED. I like lights, and really like the fact you can light the boat up like a xmas tree and not have to worry about plugging into shorepower with such low amp draw from the LED's.

14. Collapse Details

Looks like somebody else has started????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00421.JPG   DSC00424.JPG  

15. Collapse Details

Joe, if you're gonna replace the cockpit carpet, I've got a local guy (Joliet area), that puts the Fountain word and logo into it. He'll put anything you want into it. He did mine a few years ago, still looks great. If you're interested, give me a shout.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image00054.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

Team Marine in Wisconsin for the dash: 608-525-5005 Ask for Kevin. I paid $325.
    Harvey for the carpet: 231-855-6445

My bilge was DIRTY under those motors...scrubbed it clean when I got it back to the barn in Coloma. Now...I need to get ride of the gas that's in it somehow. Anybody have any ideas?

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    Joe, if you're gonna replace the cockpit carpet, I've got a local guy (Joliet area), that puts the Fountain word and logo into it. He'll put anything you want into it. He did mine a few years ago, still looks great. If you're interested, give me a shout.
    Really like the Fountain logo in the carpet. Looks great. Main thing i would need is someone who will come out and fit the carpet, since i dont have one to go off of. Im not very good at making templates...The boat did have cockpit carpet, snaps still there.

18. Collapse Details

Did you go with all new gauges? I think we have the same gauges, the white gaffrig ones with the warning lights built in?
    I am going to go with live oil psi gauges and add oil temp. gauges. I am also taking out the pito pickup speedo and going to add a GPS speedo. Thanks for the offer though.

19. Collapse Details

My bilge was DIRTY under those motors...scrubbed it clean when I got it back to the barn in Coloma. Now...I need to get ride of the gas that's in it somehow. Anybody have any ideas?
    Mike check on your gas tank....mine has of course the two pickups as well as the sender....but it also appears to have an inspecton port that is capped off. I am going to borrow some gas cans and try and siphon the 80 or so gallons out.

20. Collapse Details

Thanks dude.

How much gas you got in there? If its low, i'd throw some stabil in there for the winter, and come spring fill it up with 93. Or throw in some race fuel come spring...

You can rig up a electric fuel pump and start filling jugs and put the gas in Michelles vette and the snowmobiles too