Thread: Winter Projects

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    I am going to go with live oil psi gauges and add oil temp. gauges. I am also taking out the pito pickup speedo and going to add a GPS speedo. Thanks for the offer though.
    I was gonna do a GPS speedo to replace the gaffrig liquid one. Installed my chartplotter, and the liquid speedo is almost dead nuts with the gps, so im gonna stick with that. My oil psi gauges dont seem to be very accurate, although they do work. I prefer mechanical oil pressure gauge to know whats really going on. What i might do is mount a mechanical gauge off the plugged port on the oil filter remote head. Ill be able to see it when the hatches are open. Same deal for fuel psi. I have elec fuel psi gauges, but dont trust them.

2. Collapse Details

I'd love to siphon it into Michelle's car or my Jeep...but the boat is in Michigan. So, I'm thinking I might just grab as many gas cans as I can get my hands on, siphon it out, bring it home and fill the cars and the sleds...might take a couple trips....

Gotta head back up there in the near future anyway to reattach the wood pieces I have as inner-fender walls on the trailer...all the bolts came out this summer somehow! Also, I have to replace YET ANOTHER trailer tire...lost one on the hwy yesterday. Was thinking of doing my bearings as well...so I've got a bit of work ahead of me.

Could use a little help in these endeavors, as well, because I also need to get the SRX into the bed of the new truck...definately a two man job.

3. Collapse Details

As for just adding Stabil and then mixing with higher octane...I've already done the Stabil, so no problem there...but I am more than a bit worried about the freshness of the fuel with brand new mills.

The "Driven" 46 Cig burned down BOTH motors because he got bad fuel .

4. Collapse Details

Ill be spending some time towards South Haven soon helping the parentswith the new digs.

Ill give ya a hand one weekend.

This new ethanol fuel is going to be the death of us,,,,, we will all be filling up on the water soon.

I just read 15% was just approved,,,,, DO NOT put that in any boat, snowmobile, motorcycle etc.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post
    Ill be spending some time towards South Haven soon helping the parentswith the new digs.

This new ethanol fuel is going to be the death of us,,,,, we will all be filling up on the water soon.

I just read 15% was just approved,,,,, DO NOT put that in any boat, snowmobile, motorcycle etc.
    Or filling up at the gary airport!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    I'd love to siphon it into Michelle's car or my Jeep...but the boat is in Michigan. So, I'm thinking I might just grab as many gas cans as I can get my hands on, siphon it out, bring it home and fill the cars and the sleds...might take a couple trips....

Gotta head back up there in the near future anyway to reattach the wood pieces I have as inner-fender walls on the trailer...all the bolts came out this summer somehow! Also, I have to replace YET ANOTHER trailer tire...lost one on the hwy yesterday. Was thinking of doing my bearings as well...so I've got a bit of work ahead of me.

Could use a little help in these endeavors, as well, because I also need to get the SRX into the bed of the new truck...definately a two man job.
    I might have a hookup on trailer tires for you. Theres a place in indiana, that sells trailer wheel/tire combos for not much more than the tire itself cost. My buddy matt who had the bullet bought 4 rims/tires brand new for like 700 bucks and bolted them on. They were the nice 5 star aluminum wheels like bz's trailer has. They also have the modular wheels, like my trailer. I'll look into it. I'd wait till spring though, no point in mounting fresh tires now only to sit all winter on them. Might be better to wait till spring, leave boat in slip for a night, and do bearings, tires, and inner fender well boards while boat is off the trailer...

are your wheels 5 or 6 lug? 15 or 16"?

7. Collapse Details

WOW that sux.....there goes the advantage of being on a trailer!!!

8. Collapse Details

I've got 15", 6 lug. I'm just going to pick up another couple tires right here...I've got a guy that gets them for me pretty cheap.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by B.Z. View Post
    WOW that sux.....there goes the advantage of being on a trailer!!!
    Ya, these shmo's don't give a hoot. The ethanol kills gas mileage. I think the key is to run it through as soon as possible. My boat was on E when I winterized it yesterday. I put a chit load of stabile in it, probably 5 times the recommended amount!

10. Collapse Details

Mike, get yourself a Holley electric fuel pump. Attach some 1/2" hose to both ends about 15-20 ft. long each. Rig up a few feet of wire with clips on each end to clip to a battery. Have a toggle switch somewhere in the middle of the line to start & stop the flow. Get a couple 55 gal drums and put em in the bed of the truck. Pump the fuel from the boat into the drums. When you get home, either pump the fuel into smaller jugs, or put a couple unmounted tires behind the back of the tailgate, lay the drums down and roll em off onto the tires, stand em up and roll em into the garage or where ever you want to get em.
    Those Holley blue pumps will flow 110 gph. It'll take you about a half hour to fill a drum. I've been doing this for the last 9 yrs every fall and spring, works fine for me. Plus, this is how I fuel the boat every weekend.

Joe, this guy from Joliet will come to your boat and measure it and cut a template out of plastic and snap the plastic to your snaps in the floor. That way he knows where to put the snaps into the carpet. I did this myself and just gave him the piece of plastic to make the carpet from, then showed him where I wanted the emblem at.

11. Collapse Details

As for just adding Stabil and then mixing with higher octane...I've already done the Stabil, so no problem there...but I am more than a bit worried about the freshness of the fuel with brand new mills.

And Mike bought that fuel in Mi. right before him and Dave water tested the boat up there the day he took it home. SUCKS big time to get bad fuel right out of the pump. Think I might've went back and lit that station up. That's one reason why I always fuel with the "good" gas. LOL

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    And Mike bought that fuel in Mi. right before him and Dave water tested the boat up there the day he took it home. SUCKS big time to get bad fuel right out of the pump. Think I might've went back and lit that station up. That's one reason why I always fuel with the "good" gas. LOL
    I am assuming he fuel with stale 93 octane. There has to be some type of reprocussion??? I wonder what octane the fuel tested at????? I'd be pissed to say the least

13. Collapse Details

Get 20-30 gallons out of the full tanks and top them off with some 110-114 leaded octane for the first run with new mills. That will bring any lost octane back and the other additives in the leaded race fuel will be an added benefit for the first tanks. I have about 100 gallons of 112 leaded fuel that I paid $6.00/gallon if you want some and its just down the road from Andy.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    That REALLY F'n sucks for Mike. Not always a sure thing, but i try to buy fuel from places that sell LOTS of it and stay away from the small stations that dont sell much, especially 93oct.

I'll get with ya on that carpet deal Frank. Thanks for the info.

15. Collapse Details

Pulled engines out for refresh and also putting the circulating pumps back on, pulled the drives and transom assemblies off, upgrading to HP gimbals. Replacing all cables.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bullet reload #2 036.jpg   bullet reload #2 056.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

Registered
    I dont know how they will get away with 15%. Service engine lights come on when the pcm starts reading 12% or so on everday vehicles. I dont think the manufactures will come up with a free calibration to avoid a MIL.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by eightsecmopar View Post
    Pulled engines out for refresh and also putting the circulating pumps back on, pulled the drives and transom assemblies off, upgrading to HP gimbals. Replacing all cables.
    nice! My buddies bullet had the hd gimbals too. Looks like your gonna be a busy bee.

18. Collapse Details

Put some Marine tech fuel in today,,,,while we were at Michigan City boating,,,, on OCT 25th !!!!

19. Collapse Details

Put some Marine tech fuel in today,,,,while we were at Michigan City boating,,,, on OCT 25th !!!!
    yup! Was nice and sunny running down the cal sag at 80+ today!!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    yup! Was nice and sunny running down the cal sag at 80+ today!!

Must be nice. Some of us had to work.