Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The Day SVL Died
    Today. That Fountain SVL is in a class by itself, or at least it should be. No offense to any other v-bottom builders or to Don Aronow, but Reggie is the best ever. The old SVL boats have NO chance of ever beating it, PERIOD. And no one is going to build a new one that can beat it, and if they do, Fountain will simply build the next one even better. Another class destroyed.

So as it is now, no one in their right mind would pay you two cents for your boats as SVL's. Pennies on the dollar maybe as P class boats.

2. Collapse Details

It will have to ba an all Fountain class another reason to buy 1

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Slandrew View Post
    Absolutely, just like the twin engine boats. No one can compete against them, and actually no one does. Really, they don't even compete against each other anymore. There were like 6 or 7 of them today and each one I think was racing in their own class. And that Skater looked like a turtle.

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think you are a little premature with the demise of the class. However under the current rules, or lack thereof, there is definitely a problem which exists. And, it must be rectified, or you may very well be correct.

Just my two cents......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

SVL.........R.I.P.
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Pala Pinga Viejo.....in my best cuban accent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

7. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    C.V.L. COMMING SOON
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

8. Collapse Details

Rat - You are a good guy, and optimism is a virtue. But I have been saying this since April so it is not premature to be saying it again 6 months later when the evidence is all in. Predicting that history will repeat itself is not rocket science and that is all I have done.

George - no disrespect, but the whole CVL is coming is old and tired. You guys have had the rules for months. What the hell are you waiting for? Are you all doing this before OB and KW? If not then my advice to the SVL teams are save your money and equipment for next year unless you are just Jonesin' for a boat ride. Otherwise, you are showing up as fodder for the Fountain.

Sean - What can I say; if any team can beat the Fountain it is you and Randy. Go get 'em! (Ouch - sorry, my tongue nearly perforated the side of my cheek.)

9. Collapse Details

if a tree falls in the forrest with no one around, does it still make noise? Does anyone even care if it does?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    if a tree falls in the forrest with no one around, does it still make noise? Does anyone even care if it does?
    Perfectly said. Evidently, the answer is NO. But, at least if the CVL guys would get off their rumps and pass the rules, OPA could have a good fleet of competitive CVL's where anyone could win, and everyone would have fun. So they sacrifice one boat, big deal, who cares, especially given the one team being sacrificed. After what they did yesterday, driving by Miklos like he was tied to the dock, and lapping Pirate like they were in a two person kayak, if I was a CVL team owner I would give the Fountain team a Bronx cheer and a single digit wave goodbye and be done with it. Can you hear the trees falling now?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Slandrew View Post
    I just said this same thing yesterday.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wardey View Post
    I just said this same thing yesterday.
    And just to be clear, it would be a very cool class if enough people with money bought the boats. In fact, if I were running a sanctioning body, I would probably work with Fountain to create a single engine Fountain class. I would urge Fountain to lock in their current spec for 5 years. Then I would go out and try to convince all the current owners of the big expensive boats to buy the single engine Fountains and race. You could then build a tight spec, 625hp engine for everyone that would push the boats over 100mph. With the new suspension seats even the current crop of fat old guys could race without beating themselves up too bad. If you could build a class of 20 or more such boats you could then do something pretty cool. One thing for sure is based on yesterday, there is a hunger out there among recreational boaters for good racing.

13. Collapse Details

Thread Re-write That Fountain SVL is in a class by itself,*and so is its driver. No offense to any other v-bottom builders or to Don Aronow, but Reggie is the best builder/designer ever, and Brian and Doc run that boat at 110% all the time.* The*old-current SVL teams have NO chance of ever beating*that team, or any other*team that is prepared, tests*continuously,*and is willing to push the boat to the limits at every event.**Face it, the*Fountain crushed and destroyed the one boat in the class that had the longest and strongest*"competitive advantage monopoly".* And then after the race, rather than congratulate the team and the manufacturer for their rough water performance, the looser*of the race again chose to throw more*unsubstantiated accusations of cheating.* The sad reality is that the Fountain wasn't the winner, it can't drive itself.**Brian Forehand and Doc Janssen ran the boat flawlessly and embarrassed the self proclaimed class emperor, who*likely would not have won had he been in the Fountain and had to race Forehand.
    I can't wait to see the other manufacturers go after Fountain and put professional teams in the boats.* Extreme and Outerlimits are ready for the team that thinks they are up to that*competitive level, and*THEY know that they*CAN compete with the Fountain,*PERIOD.* At last another dynasty is destroyed.
    Since there has not been a rush of people trying to by 10-year old technology boats, its time to either work on the performance of your current boat, or step-up to this decades technology.* Another two cents worth...

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by earthwerks View Post
    Thread Re-write That Fountain SVL is in a class by itself,*and so is its driver. No offense to any other v-bottom builders or to Don Aronow, but Reggie is the best builder/designer ever, and Brian and Doc run that boat at 110% all the time.* The*old-current SVL teams have NO chance of ever beating*that team, or any other*team that is prepared, tests*continuously,*and is willing to push the boat to the limits at every event.**Face it, the*Fountain crushed and destroyed the one boat in the class that had the longest and strongest*"competitive advantage monopoly".* And then after the race, rather than congratulate the team and the manufacturer for their rough water performance, the looser*of the race again chose to throw more*unsubstantiated accusations of cheating.* The sad reality is that the Fountain wasn't the winner, it can't drive itself.**Brian Forehand and Doc Janssen ran the boat flawlessly and embarrassed the self proclaimed class emperor, who*likely would not have won had he been in the Fountain and had to race Forehand.
    I can't wait to see the other manufacturers go after Fountain and put professional teams in the boats.* Extreme and Outerlimits are ready for the team that thinks they are up to that*competitive level, and*THEY know that they*CAN compete with the Fountain,*PERIOD.* At last another dynasty is destroyed.
    Since there has not been a rush of people trying to by 10-year old technology boats, its time to either work on the performance of your current boat, or step-up to this decades technology.* Another two cents worth...
    No thanks on the re-write deal. But I will say this: the best part of yesterday was watching the Fountain team freak out that Miklos got in front of them for a lap. We almost fell off our boat watching those guys chine walk, bow steer and nearly crash trying to pass the Extreme so soon. Classic. Real racers, as opposed to ego-maniacs in a forest by themselves, knowing they have more revs, more power, and by far a better boat, take their time. But still, it was hilarious watching this charade from just outside the forest!

BTW - we were laughing just as hard watching you guys futiley chase Brett around with 200 more horsepower and never catching him. But, you guys were racing safe and under controlled, glued to the water, not taking any chances while Brett was racing up front with the Supercats. Now that is a real race team and a pleasure to watch. Unfortunately, we could only bear witness for about 20 minutes. BORING.

15. Collapse Details

* DAN that is a great quote ...and sorry YOU are out of the loop ....BUT 3 OR 4 BOATS HAVE WORKED ON THE 10 YR OLDS ..OMLY TO GET BLIND SIDED BY THE WORLDS GREATEST BOAT RACER TEAM ,,HEY HEY MISTER TECH MAN ,,THEM GUYS ARE WORKING ON THEIR 10 YR OLD BOATS ,,, STOP THEM STOP THEM ,,AFTER ALL WERE ;;THE WORLDS GREATEST BOAT RACER ;;

CAN YOU SAY ,,,WHAT A JOKE,,,

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    * DAN that is a great quote ...and sorry YOU are out of the loop ....BUT 3 OR 4 BOATS HAVE WORKED ON THE 10 YR OLDS ..OMLY TO GET BLIND SIDED BY THE WORLDS GREATEST BOAT RACER TEAM ,,HEY HEY MISTER TECH MAN ,,THEM GUYS ARE WORKING ON THEIR 10 YR OLD BOATS ,,, STOP THEM STOP THEM ,,AFTER ALL WERE ;;THE WORLDS GREATEST BOAT RACER ;;

CAN YOU SAY ,,,WHAT A JOKE,,,
    George,

So, why don't you get off your can, finish the rules, get them approved in phone call and be done with it already.

17. Collapse Details

MIKEY,,,,, don,t make me come down their ,,, gimme 72 hrs,,,

18. Collapse Details

Registered
    Now we,re getting somewhere. (You just needed a little nudge)

19. Collapse Details

George, I am just trying to help you guys if you want to maintain the value of your boats, and have fun. I know OPA will honor the class's wishes if they get rules in place for a CVL class before the OB Worlds, but it is not fair to make them wait. The sooner the better for everyone involved.

20. Collapse Details

your right ,ALL.S GOOD ..WE,RE IN GOOD SHAPE ,,