Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Originally Posted by Steve Miklos
    That's funny! Why wait for season to start?

LETS DO IT NOW!

Randy pick the place open ocean 60 miles or more anywhere from KW to Long Island I can leave in 4 hours. Bring some cash (or your boat title) let's make it interesting not some contrived BS as usual.
    Steve

Your quote not mine bud, And I understand the team part of it, I would love to have my boat there racing with you guys, but the other half of my team says no!!! Lol. Good luck to all, wish I could see it from my usual view point behind all you guys on the course!!

Steve's quote also reads to 'BRING CASH OR THE BOAT TITLE'. I guess the cash part is out so is team Typhoon really ready to transfer title of the boat if they don't win. After all, that was the challange! Hope you all are ready for this cause it sounds to me that you all are scrounging money to just go and race. Somebody needs to leave KW without a boat or out of some cash.

So don't forget to bring a clear title next week.

2. Collapse Details

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Steve Miklos
    Cool let's pick an amount and someone neutral to hold the cash non refundable, no show other team keeps the cash.
    Is New Jersey smart? I have been told the water patrol could be an issue.
    Steve

Steve, good job on ironing out all those stupid details....sounds like you have missed the whole point so let me spell it out for you. Randy has no interest in any money swapping hands nor who needs to hold on to it in the interim. However he would entertain the thought of doing some sort of percentage....for example you put up 10% of your 2,000,000 dollar a year salary and Randy will put up 10% of whatever his salary may be.(not real sure what his is as he has not posted it on the world wide web that i have seen) but back to my point the primary goal here is for you to SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

How can Steve be missing the point. After all he offered up the challange and you accepted.

I think Steve's primary goal with this challange was for you guys to put up or shutup. I'm guessing your not gonna put up or shutup.

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    At least I will show up!!!!!
    Last edited by TYPHOON; 11-04-2010 at 08:08 PM.
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

4. Collapse Details

This is all really funny.

Show up is not equal to put up or shut up.

I'll "show up" and race too if everyone wants to donate to the cause.. I'd love a good week in the Keys racing at everyone elses expense! Pay my bills and I'll even "let" you win!

There needs to be some risk in losing this race; too much mouthing going on. It's not a real challenge unless the winner gains something and the loser loses something.

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post
    This is all really funny.

Show up is not equal to put up or shut up.

I'll "show up" and race too if everyone wants to donate to the cause.. I'd love a good week in the Keys racing at everyone elses expense! Pay my bills and I'll even "let" you win!

There needs to be some risk in losing this race; too much mouthing going on. It's not a real challenge unless the winner gains something and the loser loses something.
    Shaved head boat wash and wax??????
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Shaved head boat wash and wax??????
    Title or Cash!!! That was the wager.

This is a big boy world accepting big boy wagers. We're not playing with Tonka trucks anymore.

7. Collapse Details

You know what? Go back and read this forum a weekand a half to two weeks ago there was much **** talked about the grudge match between sir miklos and duct tape Schluess ...I took a notion to to make all the talk a. reality and I can't get a single response from anyone of the instigators that provoked this BS in the first place what's up with that!! And miklos wants to pull the disappointment card

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jcolby View Post
    You know what? Go back and read this forum a weekand a half to two weeks ago there was much **** talked about the grudge match between sir miklos and duct tape Schluess ...I took a notion to to make all the talk a. reality and I can't get a single response from anyone of the instigators that provoked this BS in the first place what's up with that!! And miklos wants to pull the disappointment card
    Is your name on the Typhoon boat title? From Top Gun......"Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash!"
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

9. Collapse Details

Raceguymiami!! You want to join in? take a big jump out from behind your keyboard and join in with The big kids .....I'm certain We would
    be much abliged to kick your ass just as much as the next Guy!!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jcolby View Post
    Raceguymiami!! You want to join in? take a big jump out from behind your keyboard and join in with The big kids .....I'm certain We would
    be much abliged to kick your ass just as much as the next Guy!!
    Big kids? A part-time racer with no ownership/liability on the line? Really? Seriously?

I bet as a kid, you told people that that your dad could kick their dad's azz?
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

11. Collapse Details

Racerguymiami,I'm not quite sure you really even have a boat built yet or ever will.Why dont you post a picture of it so we can all take you seriously
    KMP the only thing funny here is the boat in your avatar.
    Phantom1 I think think the cash or title part of this went out with the race in New Jersey,I really dont think steve wants Randys boat or his money.I think he would be happier just beating Randy and proving to us who is king.But I guess he can speak for himself.
    Also I think Colby was saying "my dads boat can kick your dads boats azz"

12. Collapse Details

Guys

I should know by this time tomorrow. sorry for the lack of communication I have been held up as this is our year end so meetings etc have not made things any easier. I knew I would have these (year end) challenges when this came up that is why a firm commitment was needed. I expect to hear a final answer from Gary and Ernie soon but at this point they are not on board.

They were on board when we offered to go race wherever after Orange Beach and they said they would do this (Key West) with proper notice to change their plans.

I was very clear on this site and with Colby I really needed to know by last Monday. Once Colby wrote Randy was non responsive and Monday was long passed we decided it wasn't going to happen and proceeded with our normal plans.

If this does not happen we absolutely will still do a race in the ocean against you guys. If you like we can drop the monetary aspect of the event.

Steve

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post
    If it makes you feel better Steve, I'll send you an official pair of Filipe Massa/Ferrari Puma's to Lap Randy in. (Yellow and Green)!!!!
    Hey Kent
    How how have you been! I did not think you came on the Offshore boards anymore. We are not going to Brazil just somewhere really cool to watch it (call me I will fill you in).

Dont mind Colby. I am sure since he does not know you he does not realize the Turbine hp you have at your disposal!
    Steve

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    Steve,

If you need a volunteer to fill your Brazil F1 seats. I would be willing to scarifice my weekend to cover for you.

Thanks I appeciate that! We are not going to Interlagos. We got invited to watch it in a very cool place. Less travel (and crowds). The hope is the Championship fight ends in Brazil!

Steve

15. Collapse Details

Steve,I am sure you will do whatever you can to get there.Especially after all this hype.If there is something I can do to replace Gary or ernie dont be afraid to ask.All trash talkin aside,anyone on the Typhoon team would be there to give a hand.

16. Collapse Details

Hey Steve,

I check in every once in a while. Between work and family, I have been extremely busy so not much boating. As for the boat joke...you know me; so you know I like that comment; I love sleepers.

Hope you can make the race in KW; I'll see if I can jump over for the match.

Kent

17. Collapse Details

Here is another idea if Steve cannot make it to KW - Randy and Colby can come here and we can set up the long distance rough water race. No money, no boat titles. Just a good old fashioned scrap, then a great lunch at Gators, some laughs, some hatchet burying, and some planning for the future of the class and racing in general. I'll buy lunch.

18. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Mike A, thats the best response on this whole thread! Maybe we can sell tickets to benefit the winner's favorite charity?

19. Collapse Details

One thing I dont understand.....This was never a Randy v. Steve battle. I dont think this was ever a Randy v. anyone. How did it get to this point? If anything, Randy and Steve have different adjendas for their own personal reasons. Both valid. Randy supports OSS, P-1 and Martin. Steve and Mike A. don't. Once again...both valid. It was never Steve v. Randy.

With that said....Typhoon is heading to KW. Their bags are packed, their flights are booked. There's no turning back now, w/o losing some $ on cancelled flights.

It would be a shame if they show up to KW, only to race one other boat (Pirate).

At that point, there will be no second chances, no lunches, no olive branches.

So please !!!! try and make this happen. For the good of the sport.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post

At that point, there will be no second chances, no lunches, no olive branches.