Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    Hey Mike....Dont you have any ambulances to chase. Cmon man, Give it a rest!
    Good one. By the way, you should probably check with Smitty before making moron lawyer jokes.

2. Collapse Details

I think its more like this:

" We pull out a mothballed mold from a discountined hull, MODIFY THE HELL OUT OF IT, CLAIM ITS NOT BEEN MODIFIED, DONT LET ANYBODY INSPECT IT, THREATEN TO SUE IF THEY DO, TURN UP THE RPMS, USE A DRIVER WHO SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE SPORT, POUR HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS INTO THE BOAT, PURCHASED 40+ PROPS TO THE COMPETITIONS 5-6, and destroy class and the will of the other racers WHO ARE NOT CHEATING AND ENCOURAGE ANYBODY TO INSPECT THEIR BOATS. Just wait till we use the current molds WHERE WE PLAN ON CHEATING EVEN MORE.

3. Collapse Details

No nerve hit and I believe you are missing my point. Your SV class had faulty rules which allowed changes in powertrain which obsoleted the older boats. By not narrowing the rules to control drive options, gear ratios and prop selection not available to Bravos you killed a premier class. That is the true comparison here.

After the class was destroyed by that lack of rules, the OPA corrected those rules, the majority of the current SV racers, decided to buy boats to compete under those rules. If an owner wants to build a new boat that meets those rules I'm certain it will be welcome. Unlike SVL. Many of those boats that can't beat the Fountain SVs understood that a moved to C3 and are very competitive there.

Doc's boat meets the SVL rules, more so than the older boats. He is not asking to run a 6 or even NTX drive. Personalities should not exclude a boat nor should doing his homework or investing in his team. If after all the hull alterations, unsealed "525s", ecm upgrades and hidden ballast tanks the older SVL can't complete they should go to C4

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by baldtires View Post
    I think its more like this:

" We pull out a mothballed mold from a discountined hull, MODIFY THE HELL OUT OF IT, CLAIM ITS NOT BEEN MODIFIED, DONT LET ANYBODY INSPECT IT, THREATEN TO SUE IF THEY DO, TURN UP THE RPMS, USE A DRIVER WHO SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE SPORT, POUR HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS INTO THE BOAT, PURCHASED 40+ PROPS TO THE COMPETITIONS 5-6, and destroy class and the will of the other racers WHO ARE NOT CHEATING AND ENCOURAGE ANYBODY TO INSPECT THEIR BOATS. Just wait till we use the current molds WHERE WE PLAN ON CHEATING EVEN MORE.
    So if this is all true, why didn't the Pres of SVL not DQ the boat. Did Dunbar or George tell Smitty that as a group of racers that make thier own rules and chose their own events The Group wants the boat DQd for refusing tech?

Or could it be that the rules were so badly written and violated by the past racers that they were not enforcable?

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    No nerve hit and I believe you are missing my point. Your SV class had faulty rules which allowed changes in powertrain which obsoleted the older boats. By not narrowing the rules to control drive options, gear ratios and prop selection not available to Bravos you killed a premier class. That is the true comparison here.

After the class was destroyed by that lack of rules, the OPA corrected those rules, the majority of the current SV racers, decided to buy boats to compete under those rules. If an owner wants to build a new boat that meets those rules I'm certain it will be welcome. Unlike SVL. Many of those boats that can't beat the Fountain SVs understood that a moved to C3 and are very competitive there.

Doc's boat meets the SVL rules, more so than the older boats. He is not asking to run a 6 or even NTX drive. Personalities should not exclude a boat nor should doing his homework or investing in his team. If after all the hull alterations, unsealed "525s", ecm upgrades and hidden ballast tanks the older SVL can't complete they should go to C4
    Cool man, you have the rationalization down pat. Guess you can sleep well at night telling the SVL guys to go race P class rather than creating their own class for the 10 existing boats - which would give us 2 whole SVL classes, one with 10 and the other with 1 - even though there are 5,769 SV classes. Got it.

6. Collapse Details

Or we could create a class for every boat so everyone can get a trophy and pat themselves on the azz. Oh thats what we already have.

7. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    quote wahoo ::So if this is all true, why didn't the Pres of SVL not DQ the boat. Did Dunbar or George tell Smitty that as a group of racers that make thier own rules and chose their own events The Group wants the boat DQd for refusing tech?

again you don,t know what your talking about,,,nor do you know what was said,,,
    sorry you were not in the loop AGAIN,,,
    WE WILL TRY TO FIX IT FOR YOU,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

8. Collapse Details

Sorry George. That was a question I posed not a statement. Do you know the answer? If you posted it, this entire thread would be moot. Because I can only think of four reasons why he wasn't DQ'd.

1. Your Class President didn't object.
    2. Your rules didn't require it
    3. It never happened.
    4. The Organization sold out to Fountain and the Doc and it is a gaint scam.

Which is it?

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    Not sure where this "Refused to be inspected" crap is coming from. Someone overheard something and started the rumor. (Gee that's a first in offshore racing) If you are pointing to Sunny Isles Beach as the location for this offense, it never happened.

Anyone wanting to discuss should call Bob Owen.

10. Collapse Details

Looks like found the answer behind door number 3

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Doc has been inspected every race he has raced with SBI. Richie has never had an issue with the inspection process of the SVL's .
    Is Richie the guy who was freaking out over Miklos' swim platform but has no interest or ability to tech ECM's?

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Mike SBI said in Cocoa that they are not going to tech ECM's and you know that. IF fountain is running a hot ECM do u really think he is the only one.
    Right, and why did they say that? Because this Richie person did not want to, know how to, or care to test ECM's, right? And so rather than figuring that out and bring some much needed parity to a class, this guy goes crazy over a freaking swim platform on a slower 15 year old boat? Why? So the Fountain could win by even more? Look, I do not care what the old boats are doing. There is parity there so it cancels out whatever extra they are doing. But when you have a one-off, custom Fountain with a hot ECM that runs over 100mph why not put him on a legal ECM and bring him back to the fleet some more?

13. Collapse Details

14. Collapse Details

Back when Sports Car Club of America was running a spec Corvette series
    (Corvette Challenge) the officials kept the ECM's and you drew which one you would use for each race. Eliminated the tech inspection of ECM's other than checking that you installed the correct one for the race.

Just a thought.
    Rich Smith
    Smith Brothers Offshore Racing Team
    Cotnertrailers.com 611

15. Collapse Details

I bought about 20 ECMs from Merc while at OSS to do exactly that for the cat lite class and 850 class. I believe Gene has them, George, maybe you can borrow a bunch for Orange Beach if you have a concern with ECMs. Not a big deal to shuffle them and hand them out.

16. Collapse Details
    Is it true?
    That Forehand runs the entire boat by himself and the Doc just sits there? If it is then Brian IS the best boat racer in the world. And I am not kidding. As hard and crazy as it was running in Clearwater, if he was doing that by himself then he is mad good. At the same time, if it is true then...bwaaaaaaahaahahahahahahaoooooooooooweeeeeheheheeeeheeeee.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ron P View Post
    I bought about 20 ECMs from Merc while at OSS to do exactly that for the cat lite class and 850 class. I believe Gene has them, George, maybe you can borrow a bunch for Orange Beach if you have a concern with ECMs. Not a big deal to shuffle them and hand them out.
    The issue is the bringing parity to the class by slowing the Fountain down, not slowing everyone else too. What would the point of that be. Either weigh the thing down or change out the ECM and eliminate the back-up system that is probably in there to avoid detection. The sanctioning body would need to add the weight too, not the team, to bypass the illegal water ballast system that might be there too. Just speaking from experience, don't you know.

18. Collapse Details

There's a famous saying that would be appropriate at this time since the last race of the OPA season is just days away and everyone should be focused on getting there and bringing their A Game.

"SHUT UP AND RACE" Yes, I believe that's how it goes.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    The issue is the bringing parity to the class by slowing the Fountain down, not slowing everyone else too. What would the point of that be. Either weigh the thing down or change out the ECM and eliminate the back-up system that is probably in there to avoid detection. The sanctioning body would need to add the weight too, not the team, to bypass the illegal water ballast system that might be there too. Just speaking from experience, don't you know.
    The one missing part to this whole discussion is Smitty. Without his consent to any rule changes or adjustments, it's all just talk.

I believe Smitty has a damn good plan for this class for 2011 and I hope he'll pull the class aside in Orange Beach and share it with all of you. As for this upcoming race, any rule adjustments or additional weights will need to be run by Smitty.....and you know how he feels about rule changes during the season.....I doubt it will happen.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ron P View Post
    There's a famous saying that would be appropriate at this time since the last race of the OPA season is just days away and everyone should be focused on getting there and bringing their A Game.

"SHUT UP AND RACE" Yes, I believe that's how it goes.
    Hey Ron, here is another one: "Up Yours", yeah, I believe that's how it goes.