Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jcolby View Post
    Hey steve I was wondering if you had time to review your on board for race three and if so could you post some of it? We felt pretty out of shape a couple times on the approach to turn one. I am wondering if it looks as violent as it felt.
    It did the sun just has a big bright spot out my window while running to turn 1, I was bummed. What I saw was a big flight about 85-88 MPH that landed on your side with another big skip. Randy stayed in it and then the corner.

It was quite a flight.
    Steve

2. Collapse Details

Hey Steve, did you have something on your boat in Clearwater that SBI deemed illegal?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by earthwerks View Post
    Hey Steve, did you have something on your boat in Clearwater that SBI deemed illegal?
    Absolutely not and it is still not illegal. I did agree to remove it and it was hardly something that I was hiding. If you care to debate it I can give you all the details and where the rule in question originated and why it is in the rulebook.
    Steve

4. Collapse Details

Thank you.

5. Collapse Details

Thank you.
    And that means?

6. Collapse Details

Steve, do you think that it is safe to say that one rule in the SBI book is no less important to enforce then another?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post
    And that means?
    I didn't know the details, thank you for clearing it up.

8. Collapse Details

Steve, do you think that it is safe to say that one rule in the SBI book is no less important to enforce then another?
    No, but do tell what rule you are refering to?
    Steve

9. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    To make it alot easier for your Teams and inspectors, you should consider asking to have the OPA apply the same engine spec rules that we in SV have agreed to.
    your right ,,were working with Smitty now ,,you guys have the same equipment ,,I think were going in the same direction with the exception of
    NO PORT AND POLISH ,,HOWEVER we are at Smittys AND SBI discretion this time ,,THEY gave us last year to do it , and we ended up blind sided and devided ,, I only hope Smity and Mr,John can come up with a set of rules close to eachother.. either way THE RACERS CAN AND SHOULD NOT DO IT,,,
    THE ORG.S PUT ON THE RACES ,,AND THEY HAVE THE RESPONSABILTY TO ENFORCE THEM.
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

10. Collapse Details

This question has nothing to do with my first one. I take your word for it 100% this was just in general. I have been reviewing the SBI book only to find a lot of holes

11. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This question has nothing to do with my first one. I take your word for it 100% this was just in general. I have been reviewing the SBI book only to find a lot of holes
    I have all three orgs rules printed out and they all have major "gray" areas....

OPA's GPS class rules are pretty cut and dried though.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

12. Collapse Details
    Take a deep breath and look around
    Dan

With all due respect.

You are very new to boat racing and only appear to know the Fountain way that is corrupt and despicable.

You are one of the very few who think Martin is a stand up guy who can run a business and a sanctioning body. For the record when Martin was given a top position in the LLC he acted just as he has done selling boats. He over promised under delivered and "banged" around with the likes of "Helicopter girl" costing the enterprise hundreds of thousands of dollars and the racers most probably millions.

Martin had nothing to do with creating the competition model. He sold almost no sponsorship and gave favors to friends and worse. His actions caused some racer's to be at a disadvantage for his personal gain.

This is not the Chicago municipal bids process where such things and sharp elbows are common place and accepted. This is Sportsman racing where Ladies and Gentleman spend great sums and take risk for little reward.

A fair contest is all the racer's seek.
    Steve

You may want to get some fresh air and see how it really works, when I first met you seemed like a nice guy.

Steve

13. Collapse Details

Awesome!.............................Robertjr.............................. .

14. Collapse Details

Thank you for your answer of no. If that is your idea of respect, there is no use in engaging you any further.

15. Collapse Details

16. Collapse Details

Thank you for your answer of no. If that is your idea of respect, there is no use in engaging you any further.

I was giving you the respect of thinking perhaps you were misdirected. Your response seems to indicate you think cheating at boat racing and other things is just fine. So now I know where you stand.
    Steve

17. Collapse Details

God this is great, only day 3 of the Silly Season maybe this Winter will not be so long after all, Bashing, Cartoons, whats next?

18. Collapse Details

By your short (obviously trying to be condecending) Question, I also didn't see where it deemed respect. If you want answers about a certain thing "Ask It" otherwise don't get your panties in a wad if you get an answer with the same amout "Respect".....