Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    Seeing it runs 103 MPH it should run P-2, I remember a 24 Skater with twin 200"s having to run P-2.
    Is that back when the LLC P class rules were based on top speed, P2 was for boats that ran 90-100mph, and that boat ran over 90? Is that also back when the LLC averaged 40+ P class boats per event? Just wondering.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Doubtful.

But, they test that boat more in one week than most of the guys and girls have total seat time this year.
    They also have exprience and a huge budget.

New Tech + Experience + Testing + Factory Support + $$$$$ = Azz Kicking

Sounds like it is time for the rest to step it up or fit into another class

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Mike....I like your idea...
    Let them do there own thing...if the Orgs want them, let them race...if they don't let them find somewhere else to race or let them run Class 4 or whatever rules John wants them to run under...
    Remember this is the same class that ran off from APBA when they had somewere else to race...
    Lets remember...
    They only did 2 OPA races...and if you ask people...there were not to many plus's to it..with the unprofessionalism seens at the awards...the blamming of OPA's tech..and so on...and did they even run a SBI race..
    I'm not saying a select couple like Steve, Doc or Pirate...I'm saying the 9+ boats they are supposta have...
    If the Orgs want them..they will be welcomed in...
    But do you want to bet if OSS had a full 6 or 7 race schedule...OPA or SBI would not even be a issue right now...or the rules for that matter..
    2009 Activator/ Powered by ILMOR
    #540 Boat Responsibly Racing
    Presented by your U.S. Coast Guard

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post

The other boats cannot step it up without adding steps, pads, notched transoms, and bulk. Sounds to me like it is time for the one boat that does not meet the spec of the entire fleet to move to another class.

Perhaps you can help me understand your perspective: Why do 8-10 good running boats need to move elsewhere? Why not let the one boat that really does not fit with the others move? My formula keeps a class of 8-10 boats together. Your formula gives us another class with one boat in it. Isn't there enough of that?

At the end of the day, I suspect this is just an exercise in futility. The old SVL boats will try a few more times to chase the Fountain around, then retire, and another class will be dead just like the title to this thread says.

5. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar

well i,v sat here long enough,,Dean you have no idea what your talking about,!!period ,,,
    their has been 3 or 4 teams who have spent time and money to step it up ,,only to have your ' super team ' ,,cry and complain,,,tech man ,,tech man ,,those guys are working on their 10 yr old boats trying to stay up with us ,,please stop them ,,,, as for deluting your purse ,,again not ,,,opa has offered 1000 dollars to any team who shows up ,,,,WHATS THE DIFFERANCE OF THE NAME OF THE CLASS ??

GINO ,,SOMe HOW we KNEW YOU COULD NOT SIT TOO LONG WITHOUT TELLING US ALL YOUR WORLDLY WISDOM,,,
    WE have talked to the OPA and are welcome ,,, sorry you were not informed,,
    we.ll do our best to keep you in the loop..
    YOU GUYS HAVE NOT BEEN INFORMED ,,SORRY ,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

6. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    Is this a done deal? If so, I appaude you guys for finally settling on a rule book. Are we supposed to enforce this new rule book in Orange Beach? Where can I get a copy of it?

See ya next week! It's gonna be a busy weekend.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    The other boats cannot step it up without adding steps, pads, notched transoms, and bulk. Sounds to me like it is time for the one boat that does not meet the spec of the entire fleet to move to another class.

Perhaps you can help me understand your perspective: Why do 8-10 good running boats need to move elsewhere? Why not let the one boat that really does not fit with the others move? My formula keeps a class of 8-10 boats together. Your formula gives us another class with one boat in it. Isn't there enough of that?

At the end of the day, I suspect this is just an exercise in futility. The old SVL boats will try a few more times to chase the Fountain around, then retire, and another class will be dead just like the title to this thread says.
    Mike,

They have already altered their bottoms, decks, transom and nearly everything else. So let it be open season on the hull, since it is already, and save SVL. If not enforce the rules and fill C4. You will have one boat in SVL until more new ones are built. Why add more classes and have one less boat and no new ones being built when you can use what is there. It saves the site and orgs money while creating a better show. That is my perspective.

8. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=imco offshore;525104]well i,v sat here long enough,,Dean you have no idea what your talking about,!!period ,,,
    their has been 3 or 4 teams who have spent time and money to step it up ,,only to have your ' super team ' ,,cry and complain,,,tech man ,,tech man ,,those guys are working on their 10 yr old boats trying to stay up with us ,,please stop them ,,,, as for deluting your purse ,,again not ,,,opa has offered 1000 dollars to any team who shows up ,,,,WHATS THE DIFFERANCE OF THE NAME OF THE CLASS ??
    QUOTE]

George,

They are not my "super team". I have never even met Doc. The "cry"ing goes on in all the spec classes. The refusing tech thing is your fault or the Orgs. Since SVL has it's own rule book and you chose your own schedule, Your class Pres should have DQ'd them. I believe The $1000 is at this point only for OB, so what about after that? What about the remaining $$ of the purse which is to be split over the class winners. Do you expect a piece of that?

You are right, I know nothing of your class other than what has been aired here and seen first hand at awards banquets, but I am a firm believer that your boats fit into an existing class and the sport has too many classes and whinners already.

9. Collapse Details

Mike,

They have already altered their bottoms, decks, transom and nearly everything else. So let it be open season on the hull, since it is already, and save SVL. If not enforce the rules and fill C4. You will have one boat in SVL until more new ones are built. Why add more classes and have one less boat and no new ones being built when you can use what is there. It saves the site and orgs money while creating a better show. That is my perspective.
    Hey no problem. I still do not get what you're saying but what do I know anyway? What I tried failed!!! And with that ...

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    well i,v sat here long enough,,Dean you have no idea what your talking about,!!period ,,,

GINO ,,SOMe HOW we KNEW YOU COULD NOT SIT TOO LONG WITHOUT TELLING US ALL YOUR WORLDLY WISDOM,,,
    WE have talked to the OPA and are welcome ,,, sorry you were not informed,,
    we.ll do our best to keep you in the loop..
    YOU GUYS HAVE NOT BEEN INFORMED ,,SORRY ,,
    Funny George...This has nothing to do with resisting...it has to do with all your crying...that last time I asked you a question and you told me you will let me know when you were ready...I was informed by 1 Org the deal within hours of your post...and then found out the next day of the other Org rules....

So I don't need to get the info from you and my wisdom came from the Org...not you....accept it as it is...
    I know what was told to me...
    And again...if you read my post it says...If the Orgs welcome you then so be it....if they don't oh well...
    Its amazing how you are welcome and you don't even have rules...
    So why was there no SVL class in LI and how come there was no SVL class in Solomons...
    So were was I missinformed...we all seen it with our own eyes...they ran Class 4...
    So you keep your boat on a trailer and keep running your mouth on your rules while you site on a computer and will just keep racing and supporting our Org like we have all year..
    Last edited by MANITIE; 10-05-2010 at 03:24 PM.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ron P View Post
    Is this a done deal? If so, I appaude you guys for finally settling on a rule book. Are we supposed to enforce this new rule book in Orange Beach? Where can I get a copy of it?

See ya next week! It's gonna be a busy weekend.
    Finally....you swear they were writing the 10 commandments....

THOU SHALL NOT RACE AGAINST THE FOUNTIAN...

Done...that simple..
    Last edited by MANITIE; 10-05-2010 at 03:09 PM.

12. Collapse Details

Hey no problem. I still do not get what you're saying but what do I know anyway? What I tried failed!!! And with that ...
    From what I hear we would all be better off if you didn't fail. You had it going on.

13. Collapse Details

The refusing tech thing is your fault or the Orgs. Since SVL has it's own rule book and you chose your own schedule, Your class Pres should have DQ'd them.

If the SVL Club runs the class and one boat is refusing tech and breaking the rules why weren’t they DQ'ed on the spot?

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    If the SVL Club runs the class and one boat is refusing tech and breaking the rules why weren’t they DQ'ed on the spot?
    Rick...it was posted on here from OPA... So George can't go into his wisdon speech about me again...that if OPA inspected per the rule book..that only 3 boats would have passed....

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Rick...it was posted on here from OPA... So George can't go into his wisdon speech about me again...that if OPA inspected per the rule book..that only 3 boats would have passed....

I think Mike said this was going to happen before the season started, now it’s a cluster F7*k and an internet embarrassment to Offshore. It looks to me (an Outsider) like the Phantoms and Extremes got beat so they are taking there ball and going to find another field to play in.

That why I like P class racing, every boat can run the set numbers so driver/throttleman skill is of the utmost importance.
    Last edited by 2TR; 10-05-2010 at 03:53 PM.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    I think Mike said this was going to happen before the season started, now it’s a cluster F7*k and an internet embarrassment to Offshore. It looks to me (an Outsider) like the Phantoms and Extremes got beat so they are taking there ball and going to find another field to play in.

That why I like P class racing, every boat can run the set numbers so driver/throttleman skill is of the utmost importance.
    Mike A has been there and done that....and gave them the best advice back then....
    and again has been given them the best advise to fix it....
    Its time to let the chips fall with them...they have had time to fix it...
    They are coming to OB...so everything is good....

17. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Is that back when the LLC P class rules were based on top speed, P2 was for boats that ran 90-100mph, and that boat ran over 90? Is that also back when the LLC averaged 40+ P class boats per event? Just wondering.

yep, on its best day when there were calm conditions, but not on the days where there were 3ft + seas.

But the svl Fountain seems to be able to do that so P-2 is where it belongs!
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

18. Collapse Details

yep, on its best day when there were calm conditions, but not on the days where there were 3ft + seas.

But the svl Fountain seems to be able to do that so P-2 is where it belongs!
    That is what I thought. The Skater was placed in the correct class.

19. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    That is what I thought. The Skater was placed in the correct class.
    Not by todays Standards!
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

20. Collapse Details

Not by todays Standards!
    WTF? Who cares? Are you crying about something me and my staff did to you 10 years ago? If so, get in line.