Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerguymiami View Post
    Who do I need to contact to have our new SVL inspected & homologated?
    You can call the SBI office or call Richie D , if you plan on racing in KW. The SBI rules are posted on line in thier rule book.

305 296-6166

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    Hard to tell

Does your boat have a magic sponge in the bottom

How do you feel about other racers looking inside your boat for inspections

Will you allow your boat to be inspected in general. Perfered method is before the hatch is opened after the race.

Does your 525 stop reving at 5450

Has your driver had a memeory, and eye test in the last year.

Does you driver have a history of course navagational errors, or fist/face conflicts at random poker runs.

In the last 6 months have you used the phrase "I will sue you", or "Do you know who I am"

So if the engine was checked, inspected and deemed legal would it be allowed to race with a new owner (if sold)?

3. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert/Competitor/Charter Member
    I heard Reggie was building a new Baja SVL to run in Key West
    The Michigan Madman
    url]www.crockettmarineengines.com[/url]

4. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Crockett View Post
    I heard Reggie was building a new Baja SVL to run in Key West
    The hull is done, they r working on the deck now. I dont think it will be ready for KW.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    You can call the SBI office or call Richie D , if you plan on racing in KW. The SBI rules are posted on line in thier rule book.

305 296-6166
    Thanks. I spoke to John a while back regarding this boat and he had straight forward answers to my questions. Boat was built to SBI guidelines. I'm putting another call into him today.

6. Collapse Details

Reggie made a statment awhile back ab out not building a Baja with a steped hull. So is this gonna be a fountain hull with a baja name on it or is it a modified baja hull.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    The hull is done, they r working on the deck now. I dont think it will be ready for KW.
    This is perfect and as it should be. The older boats have their own class and there now is a platform for new equipment supported by the leading v-bottom manufacturer. If the new class grows and the older boats retain their values then everyone wins, plus there are more boats racing which is good for the fans, sanctioning bodies, and race promoters.

This is along the lines of what we did in 1999-2000 when we left the A and B classes intact while growing the new SVL and SV classes.

8. Collapse Details

Honestly after all this bickering and that is putting it nicely, I still don't see a need for another new class. The old boats have all ignored the rules for several years, so grand father them all in and enforce the rules going forward. If the Fountain is running a Bravo and sealed 525 and weighs more than the other boats, the others need to step their program up or move to C-4. Simple. Why are a handfull of old boats worthy of thier own class when C-4 is already available to them. Are they just after trophies? Who will cover the additional expenses of tech and purse?

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    Honestly after all this bickering and that is putting it nicely, I still don't see a need for another new class. The old boats have all ignored the rules for several years, so grand father them all in and enforce the rules going forward. If the Fountain is running a Bravo and sealed 525 and weighs more than the other boats, the others need to step their program up or move to C-4. Simple. Why are a handfull of old boats worthy of thier own class when C-4 is already available to them. Are they just after trophies? Who will cover the additional expenses of tech and purse?
    We have all asked that question....
    No more class's....and the Orgs should not have to pick up the bill to accomadate another class for there tech....not to mention to cut the prise money down to the other class's to pay out another class....especally when they show when ever they feel like it....
    Class 4 is another big class in OPA...and its great that some of the SVL guys have showed up and race in that class...and did well....
    Time Bandit ran good in Solomons and Bruce would have also if he did not ahve a drive issue....and it also showed in LI that the SVL's can run with the guys in Class 4...

Chris...the smart thing to do is stay with the 2 Orgs rules for SVL....talk to Smitty since you already have Johns answer....you will get the answer your looking for....
    You have put way to much time and money building that you new boat to keep chasing for answers for the SVL class...

Can't wait to see the boat...
    Last edited by MANITIE; 10-05-2010 at 10:18 AM.
    2009 Activator/ Powered by ILMOR
    #540 Boat Responsibly Racing
    Presented by your U.S. Coast Guard

10. Collapse Details

I actually agree that there should not be another class. But you have it backwards. SVL was fine until the Fountain was dropped on the class's lap days before the first event in violation of existing rules. The teams tried to accomodate the new guys who were anything but gracious. The existing class is actually made up of the so-called old boats. So, now the one boat can go race C-4, C-3 or C-2, not the other way around.

But hey, if the Fountain and P1 can make a go of a new class and it benefits everyone then great.

11. Collapse Details

Mike, I see your point, but who approved the Fountain? It must have met the rules and if the current racers are saying that all three Orgs, SBI, OSS and OPA are breaking their own rules for one boat I highly doubt that.

Enforce the rules and if you can't win go to C4. Simple.

12. Collapse Details

Mike, I see your point, but who approved the Fountain? It must have met the rules and if the current racers are saying that all three Orgs, SBI, OSS and OPA are breaking their own rules for one boat I highly doubt that.

The boat/hull was approved according to OSS/SBI rules. (?)

So the boat is just "better" than the older boats and it's kicked out. (?)

13. Collapse Details

I am not saying that OPA broke any rules.

OSS has been a joke since its inception principally because of Mike T. I guarantee you they did not follow their homologation rules with respect to the Fountain. Neither did SBI, and they employ an inspector who is more concerned with a swim platform than with another boat that destroys the fleet. Brilliant.

Personally, I think the sport is so stupid today that there should not be any actual classes other than the speed bracket ones. But hey, if 8-10 guys want to form a club for their boats, they should be free to do so. If a sanctioning body wants that business then all it has to do is agree to the club's terms. If the sanctioning body does not want that business under the club's terms then it can say so and take a chance that more than one boat will show up.

But having been in the position of race promoter and sanctioning body president, I can tell you the decision should be easy - adopt the strategy that gets the most boats. If it pisses off or excludes one guy, too bad, especially if the one guy is a real jackwagon.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    Not really, the new class only has one boat.
    wow...I thought the CVL was the new class of old boats.....this boat racing stuff sure is complicated

15. Collapse Details

I agree with almost all of that with one big exception. No more new classes. There are already enough guys that just want a trophy. And the race sites are also over burdened with the current costs.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    The boat/hull was approved according to OSS/SBI rules. (?)

So the boat is just "better" than the older boats and it's kicked out. (?)
    I know this will not be popular, but can the Team just be better? Seriously.

17. Collapse Details

I agree with almost all of that with one big exception. No more new classes. There are already enough guys that just want a trophy. And the race sites are also over burdened with the current costs.
    Completely agree. If Martin can get his P1 thing going then I would consider a new class provided there were enough boats to justify it. Otherwise, let the Doc race in P class. As awesome as he and his guy are at running the boat, and as fast as it is, they could be competitive in P3 and maybe even P2.
    Last edited by Mike A.; 10-05-2010 at 12:05 PM.

18. Collapse Details

Oh, make no mistake, they can really run that boat. They may even be the best team out there, but it is impossible to tell because their equipment is just so superior. If you are asking me whether they are winning because they are better, I can say unequivocally, the answer is NO. They are winning because the boat is far and away the best piece out there, they spend a lot of time balancing it and testing it, and they run it really hard. But I can also say without doubt, if you put them in one of the other boats, and one of the top SVL teams in the Fountain, the result will be exactly the same - the Fountain wins.

19. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Doubtful.

But, they test that boat more in one week than most of the guys and girls have total seat time this year.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

20. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    Completely agree. If Martin can get his P1 thing going then I would consider a new class provided there were enough boats to justify it. Otherwise, let the Doc race in P class. As awesome as he and his guy are at running the boat, and as fast as it is, they could be competitive in P3 and maybe even P2.
    Seeing it runs 103 MPH it should run P-2, I remember a 24 Skater with twin 200"s having to run P-2.
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!