1. Collapse Details
    454 Magnum, Cam, Intake, Carb.
    I'll be pulling my motor this fall to remove "Y" pipe to get rid of silent choice exhaust. I will also be painting motor as well as repainting bilge and doing some re-rigging. What I am wondering if while the motor is out, what kind of performance gains would I get out of adding the right combination of roller cam, roller lifters and rockers. Intake manifold and carb. Motor is a 1990 454 Magnum 365hp with Imco Thumper Power Exhaust. Estimated to be 385hp with exhaust. Motor only has 100hrs. on it since it was freshened.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    I'll be pulling my motor this fall to remove "Y" pipe to get rid of silent choice exhaust. I will also be painting motor as well as repainting bilge and doing some re-rigging. What I am wondering if while the motor is out, what kind of performance gains would I get out of adding the right combination of roller cam, roller lifters and rockers. Intake manifold and carb. Motor is a 1990 454 Magnum 365hp with Imco Thumper Power Exhaust. Estimated to be 385hp with exhaust. Motor only has 100hrs. on it since it was freshened.
    I know someone that did the exact same thing you want to do! He said he got 470hp by doing it!!!

3. Collapse Details

430-460HP. Your mag motor will wake right up with those upgrades. You already have a good exhaust, so thats a bonus. Even if you dont go for a hyd ROLLER, i'd still upgrade to a more aggressive cam. The stocker was pretty tame. Go for it!!

4. Collapse Details

You can easily get 460HP, call Bob with Marine Kinetics "RMbuilder". He will point you in the right direction. Many of us have used him for out custom roller cams.
    Last edited by jeffswav; 10-07-2010 at 12:14 PM.