Thread: New truck...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Jeep will be the daily driver for sure. There's a 450 for sale right here in Mokena for mid-30s and its red. Just too much truck for me...esp. considering I'm gonna be putting quite a few highway miles on it...that low gearing no es bueno.
    Some of them had 4.88 axles, some had 4.30. IMO, 4.30 isnt too bad. You can always go to a taller tire to cut some of the rpm down. I hear the 6.4 diesels can actually get good mpg if you do a dpf delete kit and tuner, but there goes the warranty...Love the F450 turning radius though. its sweet.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    that truck puts the red in redneck

Bs. He can drive the jeep, old vette, or dually. Let's not forget, he is gonna be the Boss! And that truck is the tow boss!

It's got a roof rack for his huffy, snowboards, and whatever else he signs up for!

3. Collapse Details

Jeep will be the daily driver for sure. There's a 450 for sale right here in Mokena for mid-30s and its red. Just too much truck for me...esp. considering I'm gonna be putting quite a few highway miles on it...that low gearing no es bueno.
    450's are horrible on fuel!!!! Sell da Jeep and the red truck and buy a 2011 PSD. Go big!!! Like Joe said you are da boss!!!!!!

4. Collapse Details

Some of them had 4.88 axles, some had 4.30. IMO, 4.30 isnt too bad. You can always go to a taller tire to cut some of the rpm down. I hear the 6.4 diesels can actually get good mpg if you do a dpf delete kit and tuner, but there goes the warranty...Love the F450 turning radius though. its sweet.
    Your right, but you'll still have warranty at my shop!!!!

5. Collapse Details

Hey Mike, i was just looking at Fords current incentives. Right now they are offering a 5k rebate on the 6.4 diesel trucks, another 1k loyalty rebate if you own and trade in a ford, 1k promotional cash. Thats 7k in rebates.

You can prob get a 50k dollar truck for under 40k brand new. Keep in mind the tax savings also if you trade in vs. selling outright. Sometimes you will have to sell your truck on the street for 3k or more to make it worthwhile for you. You can pay tax on say 40k, or tax on what the diff is between sale price and trade in price.

With these incentives, i cant see how some of the asking prices on used trucks are so high. Lets not forget the 0% for 60 months or 1.9% for 72 months they are offering on the 2010 6.4. When i bought my 2004 King Ranch Superduty new in 2004, it stickered for 48k. They had 0 for 72, i took that option and had a payment no higher than a used 30k dollar truck at 6.9 for 60 months. Sure a 2011 would be nice with the new motor and all, but a new 2010 for the price of a used 2008 or 2009 would be my route!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Your right, but you'll still have warranty at my shop!!!!
    Good point!

7. Collapse Details

Hey Mike, i was just looking at Fords current incentives. Right now they are offering a 5k rebate on the 6.4 diesel trucks, another 1k loyalty rebate if you own and trade in a ford, 1k promotional cash. Thats 7k in rebates.

You can prob get a 50k dollar truck for under 40k brand new. Keep in mind the tax savings also if you trade in vs. selling outright. Sometimes you will have to sell your truck on the street for 3k or more to make it worthwhile for you. You can pay tax on say 40k, or tax on what the diff is between sale price and trade in price.

With these incentives, i cant see how some of the asking prices on used trucks are so high. Lets not forget the 0% for 60 months or 1.9% for 72 months they are offering on the 2010 6.4. When i bought my 2004 King Ranch Superduty new in 2004, it stickered for 48k. They had 0 for 72, i took that option and had a payment no higher than a used 30k dollar truck at 6.9 for 60 months. Sure a 2011 would be nice with the new motor and all, but a new 2010 for the price of a used 2008 or 2009 would be my route!
    Your right on pace Joe!!! Exactly my thinking. Mikey if your interested in this option I might be able to locate you a truck. Let me know????

8. Collapse Details

Man ! "I'm Sure Glad I Got small pockets" Everybody Trying To Spend The New BIG Guys Raise! , MAYBE ! just Maybe! some day I Could do something Like That !

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
    Man ! "I'm Sure Glad I Got small pockets" Everybody Trying To Spend The New BIG Guys Raise! , MAYBE ! just Maybe! some day I Could do something Like That !
    Keep quiet! Or before you know it we'll have you in a 2011 F450 Dually and a 46FT Cigarette!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Your right on pace Joe!!! Exactly my thinking. Mikey if your interested in this option I might be able to locate you a truck. Let me know????
    If you could do that I'd appreciate it bro. Let me know what ya find. 250 or 250, single rear wheel, crew cab...and short box if you can find it. Plus...red.

11. Collapse Details

Here's that 450...I'm guessing that since you have to CALL for the mileage, it's pretty damn high...
    http://frankfortautohaus.com/used/Fo...01e608f408.htm

12. Collapse Details
    NOT !
    Keep quiet! Or before you know it we'll have you in a 2011 F450 Dually and a 46FT Cigarette!
    Wont fit on the driveway , Az Far as a big Truck I get my Fill of that chitt in 5 days & a 144000 a year dam sure dont need a 6th or 7th day of dat Crapp! .

13. Collapse Details

Here's that 450...I'm guessing that since you have to CALL for the mileage, it's pretty damn high...
    http://frankfortautohaus.com/used/Fo...01e608f408.htm
    Cool looking truck for sure. Love those 19.5 alcoas on the F450's. Tires dont appear to be original, i could be wrong. I think they came with continentals, and those treads look like firestone steeltex. Aftermarket exhaust as well. Appears to be "silverline" brand, what is what I had on my Ford. Nice exhaust.

nice thing about the 19.5 wheels is you can run commercial truck tires that last a very long time compared to a light truck tire.

That 450 would look great pulling your boat. And probably look real nice pullin mine too!

14. Collapse Details

Wont fit on the driveway , Az Far as a big Truck I get my Fill of that chitt in 5 days & a 144000 a year dam sure dont need a 6th or 7th day of dat Crapp! .
    Thats a easy fix, just move to a bigger house with a few acres and a pole barn in back and retire!

15. Collapse Details
    HAY ! Andy
    Thats a easy fix, just move to a bigger house with a few acres and a pole barn in back and retire!
    need a boarder ? Ah Never Mind That Won't Work . .

16. Collapse Details

My parents just called me,,,, they just bought a house in Michigan 15 mins west of South Haven with a pole barn out back,,,woo hoo !!!

17. Collapse Details

Where at Den? Can't be too far from my parents place...and pole barn!

18. Collapse Details

need a boarder ? Ah Never Mind That Won't Work . .
    Probably not currently!!!

19. Collapse Details

If you could do that I'd appreciate it bro. Let me know what ya find. 250 or 250, single rear wheel, crew cab...and short box if you can find it. Plus...red.
    Got my guy on it. What about options??? I have him optioning out like I would, Lariet premium package. What do you want??? Leather, roof, dvd???? I told him RED only.

20. Collapse Details

Where at Den? Can't be too far from my parents place...and pole barn!
    Off of 388,,,,supposed to be 4 miles from my Aunts place