Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    In florida the 2010 Boating Toys For Tots Tour Dec4th weekend
    The 2010 Boating Toys For Tots Tour
    The US Marines would like to invite you and every boater to come and participate in the Worlds Best boating Toys For Tots event.
    The Boating Toys For Tots Tour will take place in Palatka Florida on The St Johns River on the December 4th weekend of 2010.
    We would like to invite all boaters to come to this most unique event. Plans are in place for party’s meals and good times. Projected participation is over 150 boats. All you need to do is bring your friends, bring a new toy and your boat to the River for this official US Marine toy drive.
    Lunch run Friday Dec3rd toy Run Dec4th , see also the video on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPc3i7fjycA
    Our vision is to get all boating groups clubs organization and industry professionals to come together under one umbrella with a single purpose; to make The Boating Toys For Tots Tour a Sensational event. We are welcoming vendors and sponsors to help make this event happen BIG. Also we welcome your positive input. Sponsorship and vendor opportunities available,
    Contact Rus Matos 407 760 3481 E-mail raceboatrus@aol.com
    It is also Rus`s 50th Birthday and we have to make this event just that much better…!

2. Collapse Details

We will do everthing possable to make you feel welcome... NOW HURRY UP AND MARK YOUR CALENDER

3. Collapse Details

This is a great run for anyone who like to run WIDE OPEN, we did it last year in Rays Cat, and plan on having the Pantera up this year also.

4. Collapse Details
    We love having you come to the tour
    We love having you on the tour... I am very glad you liked it ... take a look at this video that my son produced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPc3i7fjycA

There is alot of fun shown

5. Collapse Details

Rick. Your PM is full. I just booked for 2 nights. Kay and I are going up Friday morning. Pete and his girl are coming up early Saturday morning.

6. Collapse Details

We booked rooms yesterday. Looking forward to this run.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Xray50 View Post
    Rick. Your PM is full. I just booked for 2 nights. Kay and I are going up Friday morning. Pete and his girl are coming up early Saturday morning.
    Emptied PM box now. Sounds good, I am definitely going, so long as the boat is still running. I should just book the room, and cancel if I blow something up, I'll talk to Jen tonight, but she probably will stay home to take care of her family zoo, I'll probably flying solo. Looking to make a run to cabbage Key with some of the crew from S&F on the west coast next week if ya wanna ride along

8. Collapse Details

I really want to get my engine back in. Got the pistons back in last night. Should have it running this weekend. You have time Saturday to shoot the transom and engine bay?

9. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    where is palatka ?
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    where is palatka ?
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ex...ed=0CB0Q8gEwAA

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Xray50 View Post
    I really want to get my engine back in. Got the pistons back in last night. Should have it running this weekend. You have time Saturday to shoot the transom and engine bay?
    Yup,

Can spray it Saturday afternoon, might be a little hungover, heading to OFF at Abacoa tomorrow night, probably not taking the boat out this weekend, may save the fuel for next week on the west coast.

12. Collapse Details

The 2010 Boating Toys For Tots Tour
    The US Marines would like to invite you and every boater to come and participate in the Worlds Best boating Toys For Tots event.

The Boating Toys For Tots Tour will take place in Palatka Florida on The St Johns River on the December 4th weekend of 2010. Plans are in place for party’s meals and good times all weekend long [Host hotel Quality Inn 201 N. 1st street Palatka Fl 32177 phone 386 328 3481 ] make reservations early

Projected participation is over 150 boats. All you need to do is bring your friends, bring a new toy and your boat to the River for this official US Marine toy drive. The toy run is free. Registration for the party’s meals and other activities will be at nominal price, still a great value. Captains meeting for Toy Run Saturday at 10AM at the Quality Inn . The Friday Lunch run leaves the Hotel dock at 11:30. See our Video

thttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPc3i7fjycA

We are welcoming vendors and sponsors to help make this event happen BIG. Also we welcome your positive input. Sponsorship and vendor opportunities available,

Contact Rus Matos 407 760 3481 E-mail raceboatrus@aol.com

It is also Rus`s 50th Birthday and we have to make this event just that much better…!

13. Collapse Details

Quality Inn 201 N 1st street Palatka Fl 32177 ... 386 328 3481 sort of direct west of St Augustine ... Imco can we expect to see you there

14. Collapse Details
    The small price to party BIG
    2010 Boating Toys For Tots Registration Form
    The Toy Run is free to participate in, all that is required is to bring a Toy and be at the Captains meeting at 10-AM In the Lobby of the Quality Inn previous to the toy run.
    Registration fee is for guests who opt to participate in the parties and meals that accompany the TFT tour.
    Registration is $90. Per boat.
    This $90 package provides
    1 travel bag…2 events T-shirts…2 meal ticket for pre party dinner…2 passes to the live band party
    Each additional person is $43 per person. Each person will receive
    1 event T-shirt…1 pre party meal ticket…1 pass to live band party…
    “AND EVERONE GETS B-DAY CAKE”
    PLEASE MAKE ALL CHECKS TO ORESTES MATOS that’s Rus`s legal name
    NAME________________________________________________________________
    ADRESS______________________________________________________________
    CITY/TOWN__________________________ STATE__________________________
    PHONE #_____________________________CELL____________________________
    E-MAIL______________________________NICK NAME______________________
    TYPE OF BOAT_______________________________ YOUR B-DAY____________
    I do take notice and understand that the Boating Toys For Tots Tour is NOT a race or a speed contest. I do understand that there are no special provisions at this event such as a rescue boat or dive teams. I am of the understanding that all rules and laws of safe boating do apply at this event. I will obey these regulations and encourage all others to do so also. My boat is registered and legal to operate in the Florida waterways. I have the appropriate safety equipment on my boat. I have insurance on my boat or am able to act as self-insured. In the event of incident or accident I take responsibility for my own actions and will not hold responsible the event organizer or sponsors.
    Signature______________________________________________Date______________
    OTHER COMENTS OR SUGESTIONS__________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________To return by mail send to Rus Matos 5327 Goddard ave Orl Fl 32810

15. Collapse Details
    spoke to Mr Mecury him self
    He actually answered the phone, and what a pleasant surprise. I have been making hundreds of phone calls trying to drum up some support for the boating Toys for Tots Tour . I have been trying to also invite some celebrities to come enjoy the TFT tour so I call Fred Kiekafer. I was shocked I was speaking with Mr. Mercury. We spoke about his Dad and the old days at lake X. I told him about that I had a coworker who was a lake x flunky in his teen years. My friend drove boats non stop around the clock in shifts. At the lake Fred told me that he spent several summers at lake x hammering the fast ones and endlessly cruising house boats at a slow idle. Fred would do jumping jacks on the deck to stay awake.
    We spoke for a while and I made sure that I invited him to come to the boating Toys for Toys Tour . He is looking at his schedule to see if he can make it to the TFT tour .I closed the conversation with the same invitation that I extend to all fast boat guys [and girls] If you are ever near Orlando Fl. Give me a call and I will by you lunch. The best Puerto Rican lunch in Orlando.

It was a real pleasure speaking with him. I have made lots of calls and left lots of messages with lots of people trying to drum up some support for the TFT tour. If call please take a moment to speak with me . What I am looking for as support toward the Toys for Tots Tour may be way less than you fhink. I welcome your call as we are still petitioning vendors and sponsors .
    Give me a call Rus Matos 407 760 3481 for vender or sponsor opportunities . Whether you become a sponger or not the lunch invitation still stands

The next celebrity I am going to call is Ken Warby. Who knows what he is famous for?

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by raceboatrus View Post
    2010 Boating Toys For Tots Registration Form
    The Toy Run is free to participate in, all that is required is to bring a Toy and be at the Captains meeting at 10-AM In the Lobby of the Quality Inn previous to the toy run.
    Registration fee is for guests who opt to participate in the parties and meals that accompany the TFT tour.
    Registration is $90. Per boat.
    This $90 package provides
    1 travel bag…2 events T-shirts…2 meal ticket for pre party dinner…2 passes to the live band party
    Each additional person is $43 per person. Each person will receive
    1 event T-shirt…1 pre party meal ticket…1 pass to live band party…
    “AND EVERONE GETS B-DAY CAKE”
    PLEASE MAKE ALL CHECKS TO ORESTES MATOS that’s Rus`s legal name
    NAME________________________________________________________________
    ADRESS______________________________________________________________
    CITY/TOWN__________________________ STATE__________________________
    PHONE #_____________________________CELL____________________________
    E-MAIL______________________________NICK NAME______________________
    TYPE OF BOAT_______________________________ YOUR B-DAY____________
    I do take notice and understand that the Boating Toys For Tots Tour is NOT a race or a speed contest. I do understand that there are no special provisions at this event such as a rescue boat or dive teams. I am of the understanding that all rules and laws of safe boating do apply at this event. I will obey these regulations and encourage all others to do so also. My boat is registered and legal to operate in the Florida waterways. I have the appropriate safety equipment on my boat. I have insurance on my boat or am able to act as self-insured. In the event of incident or accident I take responsibility for my own actions and will not hold responsible the event organizer or sponsors.
    Signature______________________________________________Date______________
    OTHER COMENTS OR SUGESTIONS__________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________To return by mail send to Rus Matos 5327 Goddard ave Orl Fl 32810

How about those of us that boat single, is it still $90

17. Collapse Details
    Thanls for leting me know
    as you can see this pakage is optional ,and I do encourage and welcome you to join the fun. It would the $43 single and what ever I can trow in after you know that I do. I have my fingers crossed and am hoping for the best. who remembers what was lastyears deal...?

18. Collapse Details

who knows the musical artist on the video clip

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by raceboatrus View Post
    as you can see this pakage is optional ,and I do encourage and welcome you to join the fun. It would the $43 single and what ever I can trow in after you know that I do. I have my fingers crossed and am hoping for the best. who remembers what was lastyears deal...?
    Thanks Rus,

I don't mind donating, but would rather put the extra $$ towards toys, you know my buddy Ray always shows up with a boatload of toys, and I would like to do similar, plus I don't need 2 t-shirts, or 2 meals, my wife says it is too cold to run for her, plus we have animals at home for her to take care of so I will be riding Solo. See ya there.

Rick

20. Collapse Details
    we look forward to seeing you
    to run the toy run is FREE and any one can come on the lunch run,,,, Just that many come along way and have asked about setting up meals and entertainment, which by the way I am very excited about doing . The Band that I booked is called Maxium Leavel many of the members formaly tour with some great top acts ,, It will be great. In the future when the economy is better sponcors may be able to pay for the band the cattering and the event-shirts and all costs, then that will make the party and gifts and meals free to everyone that runs in the TFT tour. but some potential sponcors do not even answer the phone or repond to E-mail or corespondence. Some have.. It would be great to have Electric Monkey Racing or SomThin SomThin..cash make the whole event cost happen. but it has not happened yet . I am still working on that. Imagine Bring atoy write your name on the dotted line eat drink and party all weekend long with SomThin SomThin.cash paying the bill and raking in the PR and marketing leaverage from it all. Its 4:39 AM I must be dreaming... All in al I am welcoming all