1. Collapse Details
    World Class Rigging and service with a lot of Old School Experience
    Blog Entries
    We stopped by Performance Marine in Bolton Landing, NY (Lake George) over the weekend and wound up using their yard as our base of operations for the wing at the Vintage Regatta.

To say I was impressed is an understatement. A team of mechanics headed by Jason Saris, formerly with Keith Hazell's Harbour One back in the day, have an impeccable performance record. Jason worked on many of the iconic World Championship boats back in the 70's and 80's and took that experience home with him to upstate New York. He has built engines for everything imaginable from Blue Thunder DEA hulls to a few of our Shadow Cats. Today his projects range from high end 170 + mph Skaters (he's a dealer), to custom historic wooden runabouts with modern power and drives. For instance Chris Freihofer's fully matched mahogany Van Dam with an Arneson drive and a modern vee bottom is breathtaking and after a 2 hour ride I came away shaking my head in awe. Not only was the boat amazing but the 560 HP Saris engine was so well behaved and full of punch that I couldn't believe it was 6 years old. Also don't miss Tom Gentry's old roaring 20's era classic day cruiser with a pair of Gentry race engines in it......The shop has Keith Hazell's original dyno, and a full machine shop which when dealing with some of the retro hardware is a must. What impressed me the most about Jason was his attention to durability as the first priority......and the list of loyal customers who have relyed on him for decades rather than years is testament to that.

Frankly, now that Bobby Moore is semi retired, and so many of the other iconic riggers and race shops (with the exception of JT, Jim Dyke and a few others) have either retired, shut down or passed away, if I was building a boat for speed, big, bad water and endurance.......of any size...I would call Jason first.
    No offense to the other great rigging and service shops out there...but Performance Marine...is something special. I can't wait to go back.

T2x
    Allergic to Nonsense

2. Collapse Details

Registered
    Jason Saris is not only a first class rigger, more importantly in my opinion, his honestly and integrity is second to none.

He was instrumental in the rigging of "SHEER TERROR", he was deeply involved in the rerig for the Arneson's. Jason also drove Sheer Terror in the 1983 New Orleans race, which we won.
    Shows how much faith I have in Jason Saris.
    Bobby Sheer
    Last edited by Bobby Sheer; 09-28-2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: can't spell

3. Collapse Details

Always good to hear about quality and professionalism !
    Parabellum FJ²B

4. Collapse Details

They did all the work on my engine this past winter (rebuilt my 525). They are very thorough, and Jason took the time to explain everything to me.

5. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Jason and his son Johnny are great people! Jason and his son Johnny currently race a 27 Kryptonite with OPA in class 5. During an OPA race I mentioned to Johnny that I was going to need a new engine block. Not only did they have a 502 block, they delivered it to me at the Long Island OPA race. They went above and beyond to help me out!
    One other notable offshore racer from Lake George (before moving to California) was none other than Betty Cook.

6. Collapse Details

Just saw this, Thanks guys
    1978 21 Challenger
    1985 Avanti Raceboat
    1998 Kryptonite 27 Raceboat #517 Saris Racing Engines