Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Miss Congeniality !!!

Even beauty queens have dark sides.

The winner of a Miss Congeniality contest has been charged for taking part in the ugly hockey uprising that trashed downtown Vancouver last summer.

Sophie LaBoissonniere, from metro Vancouver, was allegedly part of a large group of troublemakers that rioted after the Boston Bruins beat the Vancouver Canucks in the Stanley Cup Finals.

A total of 25 people have been charged with 61 violations from the June disturbance on the streets of Canada's third most populated city.

LaBoissonniere, 20, has been a beauty pageant contestant three times. She is accused of being part of a lawless mob that burglarized a drug store, according to GlobalTVBC.com (via the Daily Mail).

The young woman took home her Miss Congeniality title at the Miss Coastal Vancouver pageant. "It's a great way of expressing myself on stage," LaBoissonniere claimed on her since-removed blog. She also wrote about "letting people see me exude my confidence by being myself."
    ThePostGame brings you the most interesting sports stories on the web.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to read them first!

Katherine Grefner from Miss World Canada told CTV News that LaBoissonniere is a "vivacious" young woman who really stood out during auditions.

"She expressed a keen interest in helping out with children," Katherine Grefner, director of Miss World Canada, told CTV. "She's just an all-around good kid."

Grefner told the TV station she was shocked by the report of the charges, saying the beauty queen's mother's illness might be partly responsible for her criminal actions.

"I do think that when people go through hard times and they're amongst maybe a mob mentality, their sense of judgment isn't the best that it could be at the specific time, but it doesn't necessarily make them a bad person," Grefner said to CTV.

LaBoissonniere hopes to become an interior designer, according to the National Post.

When the investigation is over, authorities could end up charging as many as 700 people for taking part in the Stanley Cup riots.
    Parabellum FJ²B

2. Collapse Details

Ok. So you're saying that a Canadian could pose as a person who loves children but actually be willing to join a group of people taking advantage of a situation and making really bad choices????

I'm gonna need to take some time with this one. Wrap the head around it. You know.

3. Collapse Details

I thought aboot it. She was just drunk, I'll bet.

4. Collapse Details

Are we gonna get all 700 stories? That's gonna need it's own thread.

5. Collapse Details

Now they've resorted to blowing up planes in KW !

No one injured in air tanker fire
    BY ADAM LINHARDT Citizen Staff
    alinhardt@keysnews.com

Officials say tragedy was averted Tuesday after a large Canadian Air Force aerial refueling plane caught fire over Boca Chica Field.

A C-130 Hercules, part of the Royal Canadian Air Force 435 Squadron, caught fire 100 to 130 feet over a runway, said squadron commander Lt. Col. Richard Pamplin.

The four-engine turboprop military aircraft had been refueling CF-18 jets and F/A-18 Hornets in the air before returning to Naval Air Station Key West at 9 a.m.

It was practicing emergency takeoffs and landings, commonly referred to as "touch-and-goes," when the fire broke out.

The aircraft was over the runway when a crewman in the rear of the plane reported a fire had broken out, at which point the pilot immediately landed the plane and conducted an emergency stop of all four engines, Pamplin said.

On Thursday, Pamplin said he didn't know how much fuel was aboard the air tanker, but there was no explosion and all nine crewmen got out of the plane without serious injury, though one did suffer some bumps and bruises.

"From what I understand, the crewmen leaving the front crew door were feeling the heat of the fire that was in the rear of the plane," Pamplin said. "That tells me it was a significant fire."

NAS Key West Fire and Emergency Services firefighters put out the fire within minutes, but there was extensive damage to the plane.

Canada National Defense Headquarters investigators on Thursday were trying to determine the cause of the fire, Pamplin said.

"This could have been very serious," he said. "I'm extremely grateful to the crew who executed emergency procedures as they were trained, which led to everyone getting out safe. And of course, I'm extremely grateful to those Navy station firefighters who were there to check on our folks and render aid."

The plane previously was assigned to the Mediterranean region as part of Operation Unified Protector, a NATO-led operation enforcing no-fly zones and protecting Libyan civilians during the Libyan civil war last year.

NAS Key West Fire Chief Curt Krieger said training resulted in the success of his crew in knocking out the fire quickly.

"I'm extremely proud of the aggressive firefighting tactics that the fire crews engaged in to minimize aircraft and environmental damage," the chief said.

"Practicing and training on aircraft fire behavior and fire suppression enables our firefighters to train the way they fight, which enhances our ability to operate at real-world emergency incidents. It validates the aggressive proficiency training program that we have in place. Firefighters train daily during their entire careers."

alinhardt@keysnews.com
    Parabellum FJ²B

6. Collapse Details

Parabellum FJ²B

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's just a plane full of fuel for refueling....

How bad could it be??????
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

8. Collapse Details

In the US, only gay men use the word "fabulous."
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

9. Collapse Details

Sleepy Air Canada pilot thought Venus was a plane

OTTAWA (Reuters) - A sleepy Air Canada pilot first mistook the planet Venus for an aircraft, and then sent his airliner diving toward the Atlantic to prevent an imaginary collision with another plane, an official report said on Monday.

Sixteen passengers and crew were hurt in the January 2011 incident, when the first officer rammed the control stick forward to avoid a U.S. plane he wrongly thought was heading straight toward him.

"Under the effects of significant sleep inertia (when performance and situational awareness are degraded immediately after waking up), the first officer perceived the oncoming aircraft as being on a collision course and began a descent to avoid it," Canada's Transportation Safety Board said.

"This occurrence underscores the challenge of managing fatigue on the flight deck," said chief investigator Jon Lee.

The incident occurred at night on board a Boeing 767 twin engine passenger plane flying from Toronto to Zurich in Switzerland with 95 passengers and eight crew.
    Parabellum FJ²B

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I was reading that one...

Funny unless you're on the plane........

In his defense, Venus has been quite bright lately......

11. Collapse Details

SOOOO...This baby seal walks into a bar and the bartender says,"What'll ya have..." The seal says.....YUP.....Anything but a Canadian Club...
    Parabellum FJ²B

12. Collapse Details

You can't get flood insurance, but you can get free feet in Vancouver.

13. Collapse Details

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gz120712canada.gif 
Views:	9 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	74028
    Parabellum FJ²B

14. Collapse Details

Canada and Texas prove that cold has no relation to cool.

15. Collapse Details

16. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Fund, check your email.

Did you read where the average Canadian family is now worth over $40,000 more net than the average American family? First time in hisory.

Can Barack run for President up there so we can tip the scales back in our favor? Or should we just move?????

17. Collapse Details

That's why they can't just stroll over from Vermont anymore.

18. Collapse Details

Snow was from Toronto, btw...

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Snow was from Toronto, btw...
    Wow thats pretty old. I'm surprised you know who Snow is and he is Canadian.

20. Collapse Details

Yeah, I am a student of Canadian culture, history and language. So it stands to reason that I would know about Snow.
    And PHO

Candian rapper Chuckie Akenz: "Whatever you do, don't mess with a gook."