1. Collapse Details
    27 Fever 500HP prop question
    Sold my 32 Fever and got a 27 with a 500HP carb.
    Getting 74 on the GPS but tach is hittin 5200 with a Bravo 26p 4 blade.
    Tried a Bravo 28P 4 blade and hittin 75gps and only 4800 rpm.
    Is there a 27p 4 blade ?? If so, should be right on the money. The boat still planes off real well with the 28 too.

thanks
    Mark

2. Collapse Details

Labbing the 28 might be your best bet

3. Collapse Details

hydromotive makes a 27

4. Collapse Details

Dang man. How did you sell that fast. Crazy!!

5. Collapse Details

This Fountain deal has been quite an adventure.. Started looking for a 27 or 29. Found a deal on a 32 so I bought it. Loved it but I squeek too much for the gas, the boat was so big and heavy that I needed another truck. Couldnt work on the twins stuffed in there like sardines etc etc etc. Put her on Craigslist and a friend that had a 27 pulled me over asking about buying it so, we made a deal taking his 27 on trade. This 27 only has 150 hours on it, spotless and runs like a raped Ape!! Too bad I'm in Pittsburgh and the Sun is going away for several months. Cant wait until May 2011 Or should I really say January 20, 2013 when Obama will no longer be President !!!!!!!

6. Collapse Details

What year is your 27'?

Quote Originally Posted by monkfunk View Post
    This Fountain deal has been quite an adventure.. Started looking for a 27 or 29. Found a deal on a 32 so I bought it. Loved it but I squeek too much for the gas, the boat was so big and heavy that I needed another truck. Couldnt work on the twins stuffed in there like sardines etc etc etc. Put her on Craigslist and a friend that had a 27 pulled me over asking about buying it so, we made a deal taking his 27 on trade. This 27 only has 150 hours on it, spotless and runs like a raped Ape!! Too bad I'm in Pittsburgh and the Sun is going away for several months. Cant wait until May 2011 Or should I really say January 20, 2013 when Obama will no longer be President !!!!!!!

7. Collapse Details

I understand. I have a buddy with the same deal. He wants a larger boat but does not want to upgrade in trucks. He drives a company truck anyway. I already drive a Diesel so upgrading is no issue. If only I could get mine gone.

Quote Originally Posted by monkfunk View Post

8. Collapse Details

9. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ThrottleUp Props's Avatar
    I believe that the Fountains were delivered with Hydros in 1997. From my experiences you can run either propeller on the 27P....but for everyday day running most witll run a labbed Bravo I.

Juie
    When you feel the need for speed...Throttle Up!

GO FAST or GO HOME!

10. Collapse Details

Finally got my Hydro 27 prop and now all I gotta do is wait 5 more months until this frikin 12 degree freezing Ice cold snowing miserable weather goes away and we get some Sun.

11. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    send it to me and I'll try it out for you
    Boat-less...

12. Collapse Details

Mark - what's the latest word on the locks on the Allegheny? Are they gonna screw you and make you stay in the same pool and not operate them.
    I saw a quick note one that. THAT would be devastating to the recreational water there, and to business like Fox Chapel.
    You need to be able to get to the lower pool to stretch the legs on that boat, and I don't recommend doing it by recreating that move in the Bruce Willis/Sarah Jessica Parker movie that my Grandfather pirated to video ~15 years ago

If ya get a few minutes, give me a call this weekend - lots to fill you in on...
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".