Went for a ride in a 47 with trip 525SC's yesterday. What a sweet boat! Water was pretty flat (1 to 2's, swells) but still, you could tell how solid this thing was. I'd love to go out in big water with it.

It is a HUGE boat! (I have a 30 footer) with a long nose. When we were docking the owner was going to drive in and I said he should back in. He was a little hesitant as it was a bit windy and I kept telling him to just use his sticks. He was having trouble so I offered to try it. So I jump in the drivers seat all cocky, starboard stick forward, port back. Nothing! WTF? The boat wasn't moving. I figured maybe the steering wheel wasn't straight so I straightened it out and same thing. I gave it a little gas but it didn't help much. Finally we just drove it in.

So I'm thinking there is just too much hull length to twin stick it? That with the wind blowing it around. Also, with triples I was thinking props may be smaller than with twins so less reaction?

Another question: outboard drives are spinning in (I'm assuming to give it stern lift?) and center prop spins clockwise. Does it make any difference which way the center prop spins?

Thanks