Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Dangerous loto Fun Run!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Exxc...eature=related

Here is the posters description of the video..... He needs to get a life, and I never saw anything dangerous in the video........

"In 1995 the fastest boat in the Lake of the Ozarks Shootout won with a speed of 107 mph. This year the winning speed was 208 mph. Let me say right now I support, and have nothing against the organized, and Water Patrol Permitted events. It is the unsafe unorganized over 100 mph activities that endangers others lives, and property that I have a real problem with.

The aerial map of the lake that is first in this video shows the camera location. It also shows distances of 1/4, and 1/2 miles from the bridge. It can be reproduced on Google Earth.

Today we have many boats that will, and do run in excess of 150 mph anyplace on the Lake of the Ozarks. For the safety of all we need a speed limit of some sort on the lake. There is no fun on the water when people are injured, or killed. It is just a matter of time until we have a major accident with boat speeds of over 100 mph.

What if NASCAR operated their 200 mph machines on our state highways. Crazy thought isn't it when anyone who has traveled in a boat knows that 50 mph in a boat seems like 100 mph in a car, and there are no brakes on a boat.

This "Fun Run" of Go Fast boats was organized to be held at Lake of Ozarks 27 Aug 2010. The run was organized to avoid the Water Patrol's "Shootout Poker Run" permitted to start 1/2 hour later. The water patrol trying to make the lake safe for all users limited speeds of the Poker Run to 60 mph.

Some in this "Fun Run" group of off shore racers ran over 160 mph in the "2010 Support Our Troops" poker run held 26 June 2010

The Shootout Poker Run left Shady Gators on the 7 mm at 10:30 a.m. This group of about 50 boats in the video was past the 35 mm by the time the official poker run started. As you can see in this video there was very little respect for others boaters safety, and covered the entire width of the lake at times.

There needs to be wake, and excessive speed control on Lake of the Ozarks. The E. Coli problem closing public beaches on Lake of the Ozarks has received a lot of attention in Jefferson City because it can make people sick, but the real danger on the lake is the huge wakes, and 100+ mph boaters that can kill you.

Other unsafe videos, articles, and boating safety information can be found on my web site at" :

http://home.earthlink.net/~makelakeozsafe/
    Last edited by Coolerman; 09-14-2010 at 10:15 AM.

2. Collapse Details

Charter/Sponsor/Competitor KiloKat's Avatar
    This "Bill Holder" needs to get a life. It's ignorant people like this that have nothing better to do than spread their personal hatred to cause problems for others !!!

Why doesn't he start a "No One Allowed On Their Docks" campaign for LOTO? If you read the MSWP website, more people die each year from falling off their docks and drowning than the total of all performance boat fatalities in history at LOTO!
    Everything Runs Better On Alcohol

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by KiloKat View Post
    This "Bill Holder" needs to get a life. It's ignorant people like this that have nothing better to do than spread their personal hatred to cause problems for others !!!

Why doesn't he start a "No One Allowed On Their Docks" campaign for LOTO? If you read the MSWP website, more people die each year from falling off their docks and drowning than the total of all performance boat fatalities in history at LOTO!
    If you read his website, it sounds like he's anti-anything.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    That was the most ridiculous website ive ever been to...

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    This dude needs to get a life. Sounds like the WP up your way Sax......

By the way, who was the first V bottom to the stop during this fun run???
    Last edited by endeavor1; 09-14-2010 at 01:42 PM.

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KiloKat View Post

He should be helped out to the end of his dock.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by endeavor1 View Post
    This dude needs to get a life. Sounds like the WP up your way Sax......

By the way, who was the first V bottom to the stop during this fun run???
    Bill Holder would probably be a perfect 'canadate' for the mn water mountie's.

Of the people who left with the pack at dog days, we were the first vee to big dicks. Hammertime was the first cat, followed by spine tingler. There were about 8-10 cats ahead of us. Hammertime and spine tingler were waaaay out there.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post

9. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=saxman;522255]Bill Holder would probably be a perfect 'canadate' for the mn water mountie's.

QUOTE]

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails canada.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 129101615880429753.jpg  

11. Collapse Details

lmao!

12. Collapse Details

what a douche

13. Collapse Details

I could give a damn about his gas consumption chart, if I earn I can burn it

14. Collapse Details

He is also probably mad because a kid is out out excersizing on his wake board as well in the one comment area

15. Collapse Details

Douchebag!!
    Some days your the fist and some days your the face!

16. Collapse Details

I like his video of boats going by. Too bad he needed to camp out on a dirt hill behind some condos to get his video. I guess that's a hobby.

Anyway.... makes me dam glad that the folks around here (Lake Erie, St. Clair, Maumee and Detroit Rivers) are used to speedy boats. With Chris Smith, Gar Wood and the other folks who made 100mph on the water possible WAAAYYYYYY before 1995 doing what they do around here, I honestly feel like fast boats operated safely are celebrated. And our waters make their own waves, so there is no need to blame boats. But then, this is Gold Cup country.

Plenty of people died on LOTO in the last couple of weeks, doing a variety of things. Docking, peeing, etc. And people died around here too, doing such things as swimming. I didn't see them on his video.

You can't legislate safety and common sense. The guy needs a life. No question. I feel sorry for the LOTO people having to deal with so much BS because of so much development. When you find yourself in "international" waters and you can't see land or any other watercraft in any direction.... then you have the waters where offshores can be free I guess.

17. Collapse Details

HE SHOULD HAVE OBAMA FIX THIS

18. Collapse Details

I KNOW WHERE TO WATCH THE FUN RUN AND SHOOTOUT FROM
    NEXT YEAR

19. Collapse Details

E Dock
    That looks so unsafe I would never want to be part of something like it.

I do not think this guy can even get the facts correct withoug getting into his worthless opinions. I thought the Fun Run left Dog Days at 10:30 or later, but yet the boats got to the bridge by 10:15? The video could also be edited because I do not think the order of the boats going under the bridge is corrrect. I am pretty sure the loud Nortech was not in front of Hammertime and Spine Tingler at the bridge, but I could be incorrect on when these boats passed it. He also has no clue how fast some of the boats were or were not going at that point based on the video title.

20. Collapse Details

Can't cure/fix STUPID! I did'nt see anything unsafe in this fun run, most where experienced boaters who take every safety precaution, life jackets, lanyards and take others safety in to account at all times. "big waves caused by these go-fast boats" as he calls them, I did'nt see any "Big Waves" on his video nor while I was out there running. It's people like this that give uneducated liberals bad bad thoughts!!!