Hi all,

I have a 36ft Falcon Bonito. I bought it with two GM 5.7 and Alpha 1 drives. Engines were good apart from one water pump and a starter solenoid. The drives were noisey and needed complete hydraulics.

I have recently bought two 6.5 chevy diesels, set up to peninsular engines spec and with peninsular parts. They have twin turbo´s on each engine and velvet box´s. The drives are TRS 400´s.

My question is. What do you all think, about this engine / drive combination. I don´t want to cut the transom for older drives, if the benefits are not great. I might have to change the engine bay, to take the extra length (with box´s) of the engines also.

I was thinking of swapping the box´s and TRS drives, for a pair of Bravo drives, or something similar. I think this will keep the original mountin possitions and save a lot of work. There are many questions that need to be answered but I guess the most important is, What would be the best setup, for these engines?

The boat will be used for pleasure only but as the owner of a 21ft Phantom, with 200hp on the back, I do like a bit of speed.

Any information or advice would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Pete