Thread: L.S.C. Magnums

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 2112 View Post
    I just have to say the proportions on the 27' Magnums are perfect.

One of the best looking boats of all time. No wonder it was the basis of so many boats to come in the future.

The Orange boat is beautiful.
    I have to agree.
    The 27 Mag is one of the most Iconic boats in offshore history.
    The only other boat that I think is as well designed is the 35 Mistress.
    (Oh, and my 24x7 Pantera)...

Just classic boat designs, and also performers.

Such a great looking boat Jeppe!!
    Good luck, and hope it's a simple fix on the oil PSI thing.
    Look forward to seeing more pics, and what you have in store for her.

And welcome to SeriousOffshore!
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    I have to agree.

I agree,,,but i would not let out my Aero-Tek...LOL...from the list !!!

3. Collapse Details

[At least we hope thats what happened, she suddenly lost oil pressure so I shut her down and when I looked under the engine there was oil spray on the bilge and the oil was pouring out]

When I looked at her they said the oil was just changed. Maybe thats where the oil I saw in the bildge came from. Hopefully it's a easy fix.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    I agree,,,but i would not let out my Aero-Tek...LOL...from the list !!!
    Let the rumors fly, but the last I heard, the 24x7 hull design was based, pulled, spashed, completely redesigned or whatever the hell else...
    And the Mistress was also a birth-child of the 27 Magnum.
    As much with classic Offshore's, and the "real" history of these boats (including those that were "working boats in the 80's") we'll never know the truth.

All are Iconic boats, and just to own one of them is a privilege to me.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppe View Post
    After some trailer issues, there are some differences in standards between the US and Europe, we got her in to the water and started her up. She started easily and ran and sounded great. The oil pressure on the starboard engine was a bit high though, 75 psi at 1200 rpm, and now it seems we have blown a gasket on the oil filter.
    At least we hope thats what happened, she suddenly lost oil pressure so I shut her down and when I looked under the engine there was oil spray on the bilge and the oil was pouring out.

I'll inspect the damage closer tomorrow to try and find out what happened.

Anyway, winter is coming closer and I will have plenty of time to have her in top shape by spring!
    Not let me not paint devils on your Wall ( heheeehhh) but if the oil pressure suddenly goes way up you´re losing a bearing in worst case.
    Hopefully this time it´s something else.
    And Jeppe sure has good help closer.
    There´s a lot of knowable mechanics around Stockholm... and I mean A LOT.
    Mange Surely will assist.
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

6. Collapse Details

Let the rumors fly, but the last I heard, the 24x7 hull design was based, pulled, spashed, completely redesigned or whatever the hell else...
    And the Mistress was also a birth-child of the 27 Magnum.
    As much with classic Offshore's, and the "real" history of these boats (including those that were "working boats in the 80's") we'll never know the truth.

All are Iconic boats, and just to own one of them is a privilege to me.
    We´re all related also as childs of Adam and Eve....or so does it say in the big book...
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Cool and not so cool ( on the oil problem ) !!!!!!

Let Mika know ,,he is willing to help ,I bet !!
    Good luck with the boat.
    Anyway I can. I love the low hull on the Magnum gives it soo good proportions while running also.
    Just defines a powerboat right there.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
    We´re all related also as childs of Adam and Eve....or so does it say in the big book...
    I'd love to get a copy of that book, just to figure out where everything actually came from.
    But, I have a feeling that if there were such a book, it would be just as confusing to me. And the accuracy would still be up for debate.
    In the big book, well, lets not bring religion into this - other people may be watching, but I have my faith.
    Yes, we are all related, just because we have a love for these old resin buckets (no offense to anyone).
    Love mine, and I won't let go of her until the day I die. I know it's not considered much in most peoples eyes, but it's what I've always wanted.

9. Collapse Details

I have to agree.

Thank you Buoy!

I fully agree about the 35 Mistress, when I have finished the Mag the next project will definitely be a Mistress.

After some diving between the engines it seems the oil problem is coming from the filter. The area is covered in oil and I can only turn the filter a quarter turn and the it is dead stop. I need to get a stronger filter wrench to get it off, the one I have now only slips on the filter. This could indicate a problem with the filter.

This winter all the deck fittings will be taken off and polished or recromed and then the deck will get a well deserved restoration. There are some cracks and she is quite dull in places but nothing that can't be fixed. I will also replace the ugly plastic morse controls with the original Mercontrols and replace the steering wheel, dashboard and gauges. These are all simple things to quickly get her up to shape.

The long term plan is to keep/restore her to as much original state as possible, exept for power, I don't mind 800 hp over the original 560. I also hope we can get her to 80 without replacing the engines.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
    Not let me not paint devils on your Wall ( heheeehhh) but if the oil pressure suddenly goes way up you´re losing a bearing in worst case.
    Hopefully this time it´s something else.
    And Jeppe sure has good help closer.
    There´s a lot of knowable mechanics around Stockholm... and I mean A LOT.
    Mange Surely will assist.
    But the pressure didn't go way up, it went way down...

11. Collapse Details

Banned
    [QUOTE=Buoy;352463]I'd love to get a copy of that book, just to figure out where everything actually came from.
    But, I have a feeling that if there were such a book, it would be just as confusing to me.

Your species is not listet in that book ,,,,who the hell knows where your from .LOL

12. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=DAREDEVIL;353075]
    I'd love to get a copy of that book, just to figure out where everything actually came from.
    But, I have a feeling that if there were such a book, it would be just as confusing to me.

Your species is not listet in that book ,,,,who the hell knows where your from .LOL
    Right after I was born, a Co-worker asked my Dad if I was a "cesarean" baby.
    He replied "no, he's pa-pollack".

13. Collapse Details

After finally getting the filter off and removing the oil cooler sandwich adapter it turned out that the filter holder adapter had cracked. Two new billet adapters have now been ordered and will be installed this week.

By the way does anyone now what brand my sandwich adapter is? I can't find anything on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2306 (Large).jpg   IMG_2304 (Large).jpg   54523775_R.jpg  

14. Collapse Details

But, I have a feeling that if there were such a book, it would be just as confusing to me. And the accuracy would still be up for debate.
    In the big book, well, lets not bring religion into this - other people may be watching, but I have my faith.
    Yes, we are all related, just because we have a love for these old resin buckets (no offense to anyone).
    Love mine, and I won't let go of her until the day I die. I know it's not considered much in most peoples eyes, but it's what I've always wanted.
    C'mon Tim, you can get a copy of that big book and a case of the crabs in any cheap hotel along the I-10!

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

15. Collapse Details

Found another box of pictures from back in the day, some are a little fuzzy but still cool This is from a LSC start around 1977. Magnums, Mirages, Sutphens and even a Maverick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LSC h2o start #.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

Well I picked up a 24' Donzi Doral thinking it would be a great doner parts boat for the Magnum , worng !!! This Donzi is just to cool to gut, so I now have 3 offshores in restoration. [24' twin engine Cobra, Magnum Sedan, Donzi Doral] This Donzi most likley is the only Doral to have raced back in the 70's in the P class. She was called HEAT WAVE P-300 everything is there just needs the engines rebuilt, & a good clean up. Good thing my 29' Mirage dose not need any work done, at least it will be in the water this year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Donzi D h2o.jpg   Donzi h2o 1.jpg   donzi heat wave h2o#1.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

So mark what happened to the Suthpen & i thought you were retired ?

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    So mark what happened to the Suthpen & i thought you were retired ?
    Lee here on SOS has more room than I have so he is getting the Sutphen, and I get to store some of my fleet over there.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by h2oMag View Post
    Lee here on SOS has more room than I have so he is getting the Sutphen, and I get to store some of my fleet over there.
    Thanks .

20. Collapse Details

any magnums in michigan for sale?