1. Collapse Details
    Some Sweet deals on 382 Formulas
    Whats up guys? I was looking to jump back in to the boating scene and was thinking about picking up a 382. I've seen some incredible deals just want to learn a little more about the Formula 382 and the Formula family. Ive been on OSO and Serious for since the beginning and sold my 36 Baja Outlaw almost two years ago. Looking for some feedback, speeds, comfort, quality, ect. Thanks in advance, Scott

2. Collapse Details

recently sold a 2002 382 with everything but genset and 500efi's built into 540's. Loved the boat, not the fastest but decent, a few ride a little better (cigarette), but for overall quality, speed, comfort (including at the dock) you can't get much better.

3. Collapse Details

Thank you for the info. I would have never sold my 36 if times didnt change so quickly out here in Vegas. I recently looked at some 36's again but I can pick up a 382 for the same money. I'm with you on the Cigs, nice boats for sure. I would go that direction if the prices would drop a little more. Although I dont mind giving up the 10-15mph for all the amenities the Formula offers. Do you think 70-75mph with the 500efi's? Are you looking for another boat anytime soon?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HolyMoses View Post
    Thank you for the info. I would have never sold my 36 if times didnt change so quickly out here in Vegas. I recently looked at some 36's again but I can pick up a 382 for the same money. I'm with you on the Cigs, nice boats for sure. I would go that direction if the prices would drop a little more. Although I dont mind giving up the 10-15mph for all the amenities the Formula offers. Do you think 70-75mph with the 500efi's? Are you looking for another boat anytime soon?
    supposedly the 500's are a 71-73 mph boat. I bought mine with 8PSI Prochargers that ran 98. The motors had been "hurt" but were running and the price was worth the risk. I knew I was going to get rid of the Prochargers so I bought it, ran it til fall, then built the 540's and sold the Prochargers (ran a best of 86 after that).
    We did buy another boat....a 21 ft center console! My 3 kids had gotten tired of the "big" boat and wanted to tube, etc. The oldest is 14 and can drive a boat but was intimitdated by the Formula. With this one he can drive while I sit back or my wife will drive will I ride the tube with the kids......since they are much more important than any boat the decision was easy and quite honestly it's been a fun change of pace.

5. Collapse Details

Thats awesome! And funny too. My kids hated going out on the Baja for the same reason, boat to big to tube. or kill them with Carbon monoxide poisoning! We have a 21' Open Bow Sea Ray at our disposal so thats what we have been using since I sold my boat. My parent never use it, got to love a free boat. Thanks for all the advise, i appreciate it.

6. Collapse Details

I have a 2000 with 500EFI's and I absolutely love mine. It has been a great boat for the family to overnight and handles the big water with all the creature comforts. You can't go wrong with a 382.

7. Collapse Details

Thanks JB. Are the hull design pretty much the same from 98 to say 02?

8. Collapse Details

I believe so