1. Collapse Details
    Distributor / coil?
    What distributor/ coil are you guys running? Got a 540 N/A.

2. Collapse Details

msd

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bajabob 600 View Post
    msd
    6al blaster 2 and #85551 coil a good combo? Worth the money?

4. Collapse Details
    http://www.jegs.com/i/MSD-Ignition/121/85551K/10002/-1

I can get this setup for under 400.00

5. Collapse Details

msd also. tried hard to run the stock but it didnt happen. just get the msd and be done.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fever 38 View Post
    msd also. tried hard to run the stock but it didnt happen. just get the msd and be done.
    what problems did you run into with the stock setup?

7. Collapse Details

timing would stary to retard @ about 5000 rpm then hit rev limiter at 5200. set timing at 32 deg @ 3000 that put base timing at 8 deg. black soot on transome and loaded plugs . now better timing curves,base time about 18. better idle and cleaner running motors.ps i also tried to keep the mec fuel pumps , didnt work just get the electrics and be done. good luck. brian

8. Collapse Details

timing would stary to retard @ about 5000 rpm then hit rev limiter at 5200. set timing at 32 deg @ 3000 that put base timing at 8 deg. black soot on transome and loaded plugs . now better timing curves,base time about 18. better idle and cleaner running motors.ps i also tried to keep the mec fuel pumps , didnt work just get the electrics and be done. good luck. brian

hmm... I still have thunderbolt IV. I have a 22' advance, but it only advances 18' at 3000 rpm. Ive got black soot on transom bad. Ill be gettin an MSD today. I just put on a mech 110 gph holley. I guess i should go ahead and swap to electric as well. Thanks for the heads up man. Ian

9. Collapse Details

any time. put a fuel psi gauge on and you might be able to keep the mec pump. i held 6 lbs till the 2ndaires pulled open then psi went to 3 lbs. you want a min of 5 max at 8. good luck . ps i used the lightest springs and the largest bushing on my msd.

10. Collapse Details

any time. put a fuel psi gauge on and you might be able to keep the mec pump. i held 6 lbs till the 2ndaires pulled open then psi went to 3 lbs. you want a min of 5 max at 8. good luck . ps i used the lightest springs and the largest bushing on my msd.
    Got almost 9psi at idle. Havent ran it this week, but i will keep an eye on it next time i run it.

11. Collapse Details

Dont waste your money on msd.... if you do buy msd buy a spare module you will need it!
    Here is a better system and won't leave you hang in..
    http://www.performancedistributors.com/marinedui.htm